2010 Season - Little League 9-10 & 11-12 Age Split
The 11-12 Age Teams will play in the Major Division, and the 9-10 Age Teams will play in the Minor Division. With this change, the 9-12 Age "Farm" Division has been eliminated.
The following is a brief description on how the new age group teams will be created and how the players will participate:
All players in respective age division will tryout.
- 10 yr olds will enter draft pool for Minor Division play - unless eligible by protected status under manager, coach, brother and due to a team’s attrition to play in Major Division.
- No more than 50% of team will consist of 1 age if avoidable. For example rosters of 12, no more than six 9 year olds
- No 9 year-old will be eligible for Major Division play
- All players in this age group will tryout if not already on a Major Division team
- If not on a team, player will enter draft pool.
- No more than 50% of team will consist of 1 age if avoidable. For example rosters of 12, no more than six 11 year olds
In 2006, the Farm Field (Field #3) had a sod grass infield installed, along with a sprinkler system. In addition, the dugouts on all fields were repainted and a new wind screen was purchased for the main Little League field (Field #1).
In 2007, the main Little League field (Field #1) infield was removed and re-graded in order to improve drainage and fill in low spots along both the first and third base lines. This was followed by the installation of new Kentucky Blue Grass sod (Athletic Field Mix). Also, we have added a new storage facility which will be used to store field maintenance items, sponsorship signs, wind screens, etc. Our fields have been fertilized in preparation of the 2007 season, and our press-boxes are scheduled to be repainted this year as well.
In our Concession Stand, we have added a new fryer which will provide our parents, players and coaches with more food choices to enjoy, including Chicken Fingers, Mozarella Sticks, Cheese Fries, etc.
As always, your volunteer board is working hard to provide a safe and fun environment for your child to learn and enjoy the great game of baseball!