To be the cornerstone of organized baseball in our communities, while working in partnership with other organizations, players, coaches and parents to develop a winning tradition. This, in an effort to give players the opportunity to play at their highest level and achieve their greatest level of success possible.
Camas-Washougal Babe Ruth baseball is a youth baseball club. We work in partnership with other organizations; leagues, schools, city governments, and sponsors to promote and enhance a championship ethic in our youth, coaches, families, and community.
Camas-Washougal Babe Ruth is an adult, volunteer work project conducted, funded, supervised and assisted by parents and community members who desire to accept the leadership opportunities and make its benefits extend to the children of our communities. We are an incorporated, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization under charter from Babe Ruth League, INC.
Our Core Beliefs and Values
We strive to inspire and enrich the lives of those we touch through the demonstrated benefits of teamwork, loyalty, responsibility, courage, fair play, discipline, leadership and enduring fortitude.
We embrace the goals of Babe Ruth League, Inc. which include:
- Develop a strong, clean, healthy body, mind and soul
- Develop a strong urge for sportsmanlike conduct
- Develop understanding of and respect for rules
- Develop courage in defeat, tolerance and modesty in victory
- Develop control over emotions and speech
- Develop spirit of cooperation and team play
- Develop into real, true citizens
In addition, playing baseball in a safe manner is key. We do this by:
- Sound player conditioning
- Proper execution of baseball fundamentals
- Appropriate selection and care of equipment
- Proper field maintenance
- Immediate attention to player injuries, regardless of severity
- Sportsmanlike play at all times
How we do it
- Practicing personal and organizational integrity
- Enthusiastic participation of a diverse and excellent volunteer work force
- Promoting a championship tradition of quality and cutting edge leadership
- Teamwork throughout the League and the youth sports community
- Striving diligently to improve player’s baseball skills and knowledge
- Giving players an opportunity to play at their highest level
- Strive to provide the best trained and prepared coaches
- Preparing top players and coaching staff to advance in post-season play
- Maintaining sound financial status and upgraded fields and facilities
- Adapting to a changing world environment and evolving community need
- Accepting accountability for our actions
- Continuous improvement in all that we do