Rancocas Valley Youth Lacrosse
RV Youth Lacrosse is a club designed to promote the game of lacrosse and to give boys and girls in Lumberton, Westampton, Eastampton, Mt. Holly, and Hainesport area an opportunity to learn, play, and love lacrosse.
RV Youth Lacrosse is committed to providing youth athletes opportunities to develop to their fullest as a lacrosse players. Our program is designed to help foster the love of the game and to teach the fundamentals to succeed. Players will learn to play "the right" way. RV Youth Lacrosse encourages and promotes good sportsmanship among all boys and girls players, with an emphasis on safety and a respect for the game. We have the following core values:
- Athletic Development - Our Program is designed for athletic development, not short term wins and losses. We play the right lacrosse at the right time. It starts with how our seasons are planned, how competition is structured, how coaches conduct their practices, and how kids are engaged on the field. We follow the US Lacrosse athlete development model and its framework. This is what makes everything else go.
- Fun and Kid-Centered - In a recent study, US Lacrosse found that 9 out of 10 kids say that fun in the main reason they participate in sports. Winning was ranked 48th on a list of reasons kids play sports. Our program is built on the belief that FUN should be number one because that’s what kids want and will keep them playing. The experience is about the player, not the adult or adult expectations for their sports experience.
- Small-Sided and Free Play - Kids love competition (that’s part of the fun of sport.) We put athletes in small groups and fast paced drills to give them more involvement, more improvement and more fun. Learning to compete becomes the focus more so than technical and tactical development. We use free play concepts to allow athletes to engage in spontaneous moments of real play where they can have fun, build skills, and learn life-lessons.
- Multi-Sport Participation - Many sports and physical activities makes great lacrosse players. It also makes healthy and active people for life. Many studies find that high school athletes who specialized in one sport or position are more than twice as likely as athletes who did not specialize to sustain injuries. We focus only on the spring season to encourage sport-sampling and ample off-season rest from sport in general. Specialization in lacrosse leads to burn-out and injury, and kids drop-out sooner than they should as young athletes. We encouraging other physical activity and sports. This keeps kids in the game longer, helps them have more fun, and positions them to participate in many sports activities for a lifetime.
- Physical Literacy - Physical literacy is the ability to move your body in ways that allow you to use it in the way you want to. We teach kids physical literacy to give them the ability, confidence, and desire to be physically active. Then they’ll be able to perform on the lacrosse field and be able to participate in many other physical activities they desire in the future.
- Coach Training - Core to athlete development is the quality of the coach. Our coaches are well trained. Many are US Lacrosse Certified. We want to be sure that we know how to develop skills in our athletes so they have fun, see improvement and keep coming back for more. We strive each season to put the best training and tools in the hands of the people who are most influential to a player’s development.