2019 LAKE PLACID INTERNATIONAL HOCKEY TOURNAMENT RULES
1. All Games will be 3 – 12 minute stop time periods with a 3-minute warm-up. Excluding cross-ice Mite Jamboree which will be governed by a separate set of rules.
2. Penalties will be 2-minute minors, 5-minute majors and 10-minute misconducts. Players are NOT allowed to leave the penalty box between periods. Any player that receives a fighting major will receive a game misconduct and expulsion for the remainder of the tournament.
3. If at any time going into or during the 3rd period the lead is 6 or more goals the time will go to running time for the remainder of the game regardless of score changes and will only stop for injuries.
4. There are no time-outs allowed during the round robin games. During the Championship game only, each team will be allowed one 30-second time-out during regulation play. There will be no time-outs allowed in overtime.
5. Teams will receive 2-points for a win, 1-point for a tie and 0-points for a loss. There will be no overtime until the semi-finals and finals.
6. Home team will wear light colored jerseys and visitors will wear dark jerseys except when a team only has one color in which case they must let the other team know as soon as they arrive for the game. Failure to notify the other team will result in the team wearing vests and getting a delay of game minor penalty to start the game.
7. All teams should be on the bench and ready to take the ice immediately upon the Zamboni leaving the ice. The warm-up time will start when the Zamboni doors close. (The exception to this is when the tournament photographer is taking team pictures on the 1980 rink at which time the warm-up time will start 1-minute after the last picture is taken.)
8. Teams must be ready to take the ice 15 minutes ahead of schedule. If the tournament is running ahead of schedule and a team is not on the ice at the end of warm-up they will start the game with a minor penalty for delay of game.
9. USA Hockey rules will govern play except where they differ from the above.
10. Absolutely no roster changes from the submitted tournament and USA Rosters can be accepted without consent from tournament officials. If an accepted roster modification is allowed a proper USA roster must be resubmitted.
1. Head-to-Head (2 teams only)
2. Most wins
3. Least goals against in all games
4. Goal Differential (maximum spread per game is 7 goals. Ex. 10-1 score = +7/-7 for respective teams)
5. Fewest penalty minutes (game misconducts count as 30 minutes)
6. Quickest goal scored in the tournament
7. Coin flip
(If a 3-team tie occurs and the above procedure is used you must go straight down the criteria and not return to the top at anytime)
1. 1st overtime is 4v4 plus goalies, 4 minutes running time & teams can only CHANGE ON THE FLY.
2. 2nd overtime is 3v3 plus goalies, 4 minutes running time & teams can only CHANGE ON THE FLY.
3. Any penalty in overtime is a penalty shot.
4. All overtimes are sudden death.
5. If no team scores during the 4v4 or 3v3 overtime then a shoot-out following NHL rules will be used to determine the winner.
** Tournament Committee reserves the right to amend the rules. **