All-Star Evaluation Procedure and Documents
- The All-Star coach appointed by the board will host a tryout for the All-star team at an agreed upon location and time.
- The coach must provide evaluation packets for 7 evaluators (one per town). The evaluation packet includes copies of the evaluation criteria and an evaluation form.
- Print a copy of the Player Registration and Evaluator Registration Forms
- Print a few copies of the Player All-Star Consideration Form.
- Have material to attach numbers to player's shirts. Large mailing labels work well.
- Designate one person to manage registrations.
- Players must register when they arrive at the tryout. They must show a birth certificate and submit the Player All-Star Consideration Form.
- Verify they are the correct age for the tryout. Their 'Cal Ripken age' is their age on April 30.
- 10U (Must be age 10 or under as of April 30)
- 12U (Must be age 11 or 12 as of April 30)
- On the Player All-Star Consideration Form in the Official Use Only section, verify the player's birth date from their birth certificate and sign form.
- Give each player a number that corresponds to their slot on the registration form. The number should be clearly visible and attached to their shirt.
- Evaluators must register when they arrive each tryout day. Only one evaluator per town. If there is no evaluator for a town, the coach may ask the audience if there is a representative from the town that would willing to evaluate.
- At the end of the evaluation collect all evaluation packets.
- Player All-Star Consideration Form
- Player Registration Form
- Evaluator Registration Form
- Evaluation Criteria
- Evaluation Form