The following policies and procedures pertain to suspected concussion identification and handling players participating in Chesterfield Youth Softball Association (CYSA) programs. The CYSA adopts the procedures established by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) for concussion education which the CYSA has provided for parents, players and volunteers (including coaches and board members) and is recommended by the Chesterfield County Public Schools and Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation.
Below are links to view Chesterfield Youth Softball Association (CYSA) concussion information:
- Parent/Athlete Concussion Information Sheet
- Virginia Board of Education Guidelines for Policies on Concussions in Student Athletes
Required for all CYSA Adult Volunteers:
- DOCUMENT: Concussion Training for Coaches
- VIDEO: Concussion Awareness Video
- TRAINING & CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION: Heads Up Concussion Training