Jr Polar Tackle Football Philosophy:
- Success is in the numbers, not wins and losses, but how many players return every year, as well as, how much improvement we see in the players.
- From 3rd grade up, our job is to develop well-rounded football players, which means our goal is to teach each player all aspects of the game.
- As players get older, they start focusing on more particular positions or duties, but until then we expect coaches to rotate players and give them equal opportunities
- Our players are expected to speak up and be leaders. If they are hesitant or don't know how to or don't want to do something, we expect them them to work with both their coaches and parents to find solution. Players unwillingness to play certain positions or perform certain skill may result in less playing time.
- Attendence - we expect players, parents, and coaches to communicate availability for practice and games. Football is not a game that can be played while missing or being late to multiple practices/week. Our coaches will work as hard as possible to accomodate, but excessive missed/late practices may affect playing
- Teams by school - We believe that our players will not remember their yearly records, but instead they will remember playing with the kids from their schools and working together as a team. Even though the league frowns upon it, we divide our teams by school, so players can play with their classmates. We also work to keep teams together as much as possible, but a change in participants could force us to alter teams.
3rd - 6th grade football
- Plays within the Metro East Youth Football League
- Games are typically played on Saturdays with some Tuesday or Thursday nights
- Practice schedules are up to the coaches, but are typically limited to 3/week for younger grades and 4/week for older teams
- 2017 3rd-6th Grade Schedule (will be posted around August 12th)
- 2017 3rd-6th Grade Rules - Rules changes have not been decided yet, but no major changes expected
7th/8th grade football
- Plays within the North Suburban Football League
- Games are typically played on Sundays, but schedule does vary.
- Practice schedules are up to the coaches, but are typically 4/week
- 2016 7th/8th Grade Schedule - WIll be out after Labor day
Jr. Polar Football provides:
- Shoulder Pads
- Game Jersey (player keeps)
- Mouth guard (depending on whether we get another donation)
- Black football pants
MAKE IT A GREAT SEASON!