Baltimore County Department of Recreation and Parks
Facility Rules of Behavior POLICY
It is required that all Baltimore County League Officials, Coordinators, Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Members, Volunteers and Parents (including Family Members and Spectators) maintain high standards of personal conduct and integrity when participating in all events and activities at permitted recreation and school facilities in Baltimore County, and to adhere to this Facility Rules of Behavior.
Formal disciplinary and adverse actions should be consistent with all other such actions taken by Baltimore County Representatives for similar infractions. It is essential that prompt and corrective action be taken to promote efficiency, integrity and consistency in everyone following Baltimore County Recreation and Parks Facility Rules of Behavior. Suspensions are set for a minimum length and are immediate. Actual suspension may be higher based upon the situation and facts gathered.
Purpose: To provide a safe and healthy environment for youth and adults to recreate.
Level I Offense Use of profane, obscene, inappropriate, or unacceptable language, remarks, or offensive gestures (written or spoken); arguing with spectators or staff; causing a disturbance.
1 month suspension
Level II Offense Direct or implied threats or innuendos; inappropriate or threatening gestures; abusive ongoing behavior; repeated Level 1 infractions. Possession of alcohol beverages or illegal drugs in or on county/permitted facilities. 3 month suspension
Level III Offense
Physically striking a person; issuing a verbal or written threat to one’s life.
Willful or malicious destruction of recreation and/or school facility property.
Repeated Level II infractions.
Minimum 1 year suspension
Per County Code Section 30-1-202(d), Article 30, Title 1, only the Director has authority to permanently ban an individual(s).
An individual(s) may appeal a suspension by notice in writing to the Director within 15 days after receipt of suspension.
Northwest Soccer Club Code of Conduct
In order to advance the principles of sportsmanship and fair play and to promote mutual respect among players, coaches, referees, league officials, parents and spectators the Northwest Soccer Club has established this "Code of Conduct" (hereafter referred to as "the Code").
The Code of Conduct shall govern the actions of players, coaches and spectators. The Code is intended to provide behavioral guidance and establish clear expectations for all involved. The Code was not conceived to address every possible behavioral circumstance; however, it shall serve as the Club's standard for behavioral evaluation.
It shall be the obligation of ALL program participants, spectators and volunteers to comply with the terms and provisions of the Code of Conduct. Any person violating the Code shall be subject to administrative action, up to and including termination of his/her privilege to participate in, or attend, any or all Northwest Soccer Club activities.
Parents and Spectators Code of Conduct
The Parent and Spectator shall support the players, coaches, referees and league officials. Parents and Spectators shall not "coach" or "officiate" from the sidelines or spectating areas.
Parents and Spectators agree as follows:
- Parents and Spectators will be positive role models.
- Parents and Spectators will display and instill in all players, the principals of good sportsmanship and team play.
- Parents and Spectators will conduct themselves in a manner that best serves the interests of the players.
- Parents and Spectators will provide the players with a positive experience.
- Parents will make certain that their children show respect for all other players, coaches, league officials, referees and spectators.
- Parents and Spectators will not ridicule, taunt, humiliate or demean players, coaches, referees or league officials.
- Parents will inform the coach of any disability or ailment that may affect the safety of their child.
- Parents and Spectators will treat all players, coaches, referees and league officials fairly and with respect.
- Parents and Spectators will comply with the decisions of league officials and observe all rules, policy and procedure as established or endorsed by the Club and league.
- Parents and Spectators will not question a referee’s call.
- Parents and Spectators will respect the opponent and avoid any confrontation with opposing players, spectators or coaches.
- Parents and Spectators will be drug and alcohol free while at any and all Club activities.
Players Code of Conduct
- Display good sportsmanship and team play at all times.
- Follow the direction of the Coaching Staff.
- Respect all, coaches, players, league officials, referees and spectators.
- Make every attempt to be on time and ready to play for all games and practices.
Players Shall Not:
- Use abusive or profane language.
- Taunt or humiliate any other player.
- Question a referee's call.
- Abuse, mistreat or mishandle any equipment or property (e.g., destroying playing surfaces, goals, balls, etc...)