Head Coach Ricky Imperiali
Playing Career Bio:
- 2 year varsity Letterman at Ranch Buena Vista High School 2004-2005
- Honorable Mention All-Palomar Conference 2004-2005
- Participated in San Diego County All Star Game 2004
- 2 year Letterman Palomar College 2006-2007
- Voted team MVP in 2007
- All Conference second team 2006-2007
- 2 year Letterman at Centenary college of Louisiana
- All conference Honors 2008-2009
- 2010 - Assistant Centenay College of Louisiana
- 2011 - JV Assistant Vista High school (league title)
- 2012 - Head JV Coach Vista High School (league title)
- 2013-2014 - Asst Varsity coach Vista High school
- 2015 - Present - Head Varsity coach Vista High school
Ron was born and raised in Anaheim, California. He left in 1983 to attend the University of Oklahoma, where he graduated in 1986. A recent move back to California has brought him to Vista High School and a reconnection with his former Santa Ana Junior college team mate Rick Lepire.
In 1980, Ron attended Loara High School where he helped lead the Saxons to an Empire League Championship title. He was a 3 year Varsity starter for the Saxon’s. He batted .466 his senior year with 48 hits and played errorless ball in the outfield. He was first-team All Empire League, Empire League MVP, first-team All CIF Southern Section, 1980 Orange County Player of the Year, and was a first-team California All-State selection.
Ron attended Santa Ana Junior College in 1981 and 1982, where he played under the direction of Don Sneddon. In 1983, Ron signed with the University of Oklahoma where he earned first-team All Big Eight honors in 1983 and 1984. He batted .374 and .415 his junior and senior year. He currently holds the 3rd highest career batting average .393 at Oklahoma.
Ron signed with the St. Louis Cardinals in 1984 and played 3 seasons in their organization before retiring in 1987. Ron coached 1 season in the minor leagues for the Cardinals.
Playing Career Bio:
- Alumni of Vista National Little League and Vista High School.
- Four year varsity starter for Vista High school from ’01 to ’04, under Coach Rick Lepire.
- Participated in both the California High School Baseball North/South All-Star showcase and the High School Area Code Baseball Games Showcase.
- Received a scholarship to play at San Diego State. Played Freshman year of college at SDSU under the legendary, Tony Gwynn.
- Played Sophomore year at college at Palomar Junior College and won a Pacific Coast Athletic Conference Championship and ended the season as an All-Pacific Coast Conference honorable mention with a record of 8-4 and ERA of 2.63.
- Received a baseball scholarship to the University of Kansas. Started as a Junior and Senior for the Jayhawks in the Big 12 Conference.
- 38th Round selection of the Seattle Mariners in the 2008 MLB draft. Played two years in the Mariners Farm System, playing for their rookie ball, low A, high A, and triple AAA affiliates.
- Played final season for the Oakland County Cruisers in the Independent Frontier League, under the coaching of former Major Leaguer Dmitri Young and Vista Alumni Gera Alvarez.
- Former Coach at MIT Travel Baseball Organization. Managed/Coached 14u team to U.S.A. Baseball West Summer Championships.
- 2013-2014 - Varsity Assistant Coach at Mission Vista High School. 2013 won CIF Division II Championship .
- 2014 - Present - Head Coach of West Coast Clippers Collegiate Summer Team. 2016 Western Baseball Association League Champions, finishing with a record of 30-3.
- 2015 - Present - Head Varsity Pitching Coach at Vista High School. 2015 North County Champions and participants in the CIF Open Division Playoffs, finishing the year 20-12. 2016 Lions Tournament Premier Division Champions and 2016 CIF Division I runner ups, finishing 24-6.
Head Coach Brian Kirchmeier and Assistant Coach Zach Mann
Head Coach Kevin Alexander and Assistant Coach Kevin Piccirillo