- Follow the Bearcats on Social media
- Twitter: @carolinabearcat Facebook: Carolinabearcatsfootball
- Instagram: @carolinabearcatsfootball;
- Go Bearcats
- GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bearcats to host VA Spartans this Friday night
The Bearcats will host the Virginia Spartans from Nokesville VA Friday night at Weddington Optimist Park. Kickoff will be at 7:30pm. Originally we were scheduled to play the SC Spartans and we had some volunteers sign up for that game. IF you can continue in the roll you signed up for no need to email me. I have you down. If you cannot please let me know. Here are the volunteers and the needs for Friday night:
- Oranges - Bethany Wilkinson
- Granola - Tracy Kruchko
- Water - Bailey Henderson - I NEED ONE MORE
- Scoreboard Operator - Mr. Rushing
- Ball Boy - NEED 2
- CHains - Chuck Budd, Shawn Strickland - NEED TWO MORE
- Video - Nick Friesz
- Trainer - Cynthia Henderson
- Ticket table - Deborah Burris
The Spartans will be playing their first game this year due to other cancellations. They have some solid players so they will present a good test for the Bearcats. Please come out and support the team as you have been all year. I know the team truly appreciates it. LETS GO BEARCATS!!!
No practice Monday and schedule update
Coach Tony has given the boys Monday night off to add an additional day of rest for them. We will be back at practice Tuesday.
At this moment we are trying to secure our next game. The SC Spartans game has been cancelled by them for 10-23 and Central Pageland game for 10-30 was cancelled as they dealt with Covid and had to switch conference game dates. We have an option before us to play this Friday night 10-23 or potentially 10-30. We are weighing both Potential options but will only play one of those games. We hope to have a decision by tomorrow and will update you then... Scheduling is tricky and it isn’t something we control a lot so patience is all I can ask for. The Playoffs are expected to take place on Sat Nov 7th and a Championship game on Sat Nov 14th so plan accordingly. The location of those games will be determined soon.
Bearcats Updated Schedule
We have pretty much finalized our schedule for 2020. Its been a challenge but the official schedule is listed in the headlines in the webpage. 2020 feels official now!
Carolina Bearcats Home Practice Field
The Bearcats Official Practice Field is located at 580A Union West Blvd in Matthews NC 28104. We practice from 6pm to 8:30pm. In August of 2020 we will practice Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights. You must attend them all to be properly prepared for the season.
Carolina Bearcats Union West Practice Field
If the practice is cancelled due to weather we will do our best to post this by 5pm the night of practice on the website as well as Instagram and Facebook. Please check if you are unsure. If you don't see anything, then practice is on. Football can be played in the rain and just because it might be raining where you are, that doesn't mean it is at the field.
2020 Carolina Bearcat Registration Forms
The 2020 Carolina Bearcat Registration Forms are now online. Please go to Handouts (not online forms) and there you will find the registration packet AND the separate registration page for the 2020 season. Please take the time to fill them both out now, include a copy of your birth certificate and ID ( drivers License is a preference as it verifies your age, but can also use student Id or current photo if you do not have a license).
Player physicals can come later, but must be in before the start of the season. You can use the form at the end of the packet or a doctor form. Please sign all pages and provide all information required. It makes it easier not having to chase down missing items.
IF you have any questions you can direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Bryce Friesz, athletic director at 704-575-3956.
Official Changes for the 2020 Bearcat Season
Fresh off the Bearcats winning the State Championship in Greensboro in 2019, the 2020 season is already under construction. The Bearcats finished strong with three straight playoff wins in route to their first ever Greater Piedmont Independent Athletic Association State Championship in North Carolina. It was a wonderful way to end the year! However we now look forward and I am pleased to announce the following changes for the 2020 season:
- I want to thank Coach Jim Mallos for his leadership over the last two years with the program. He was at the helm when we officially changed the team name from the Carolina Pride to the Carolina Bearcats and was instrumental in guiding the team to the state championship. He has since moved in the off season and with that he will be leaving the organization. We wish him well and were blessed to have him be a part of our organization.
- With that comes a new and excitement announcement. Coach Tony Ravenell who has been with the team for close to 10 years as an assistant coach will take over as the new head coach of the Bearcats. Coach Tony played high school and college ball and has been both the offensive and defensive coordinator at different times for the team so his wealth of knowledge will be utilized even more as he takes over the head coaching duties in the upcoming season.
- We are also excited to add two new coaches to the staff: Coach Shane Martin will be joining us this upcoming season as our associate head coach. Shane has played high school ball and played college ball at Mississippi State. His addition will only add to our leadership in this organization and are glad he has decided to join the coaching staff
- And finally we will be adding full time to our offensive coaching staff with Michael Weimer. Coach Michael assisted with the quarterbacks a bit last year on a part time basis but will joining us full time this year. He played high school football in South Carolina and was the starting quarterback at Wofford College in Spartanburg during his college career. His coaching advice on the offensive side of the ball will be a great addition to our team.
- We are also working to develop a brand new website to help us streamline communication, to allow for online payments and potential registration and other great new additions to make this organization bigger and better.
So while changes are coming, we believe they are all great changes and are already planning for the new year. Please stay tuned to the website for more information as we announce the schedule for the new year, team meetings, etc... LETS GO BEARCATS!!
Follow your Bearcats for live scoring updates online
Follow the Carolina Bearcats online. During our games this season there will be two ways to see what’s happening with your Bearcats during the game. We will have a live Twitter updates on our Twitter feed at Carolina bearcat as well as using the app score stream. We will have live scoring updates on the app. Presently on score stream we are listed as Carolina pride in the app, so you may need to search for us that way initially. Eventually it will change to Carolina Bearcats. it’s almost game time !!!!!
The Carolina Pride is now officially......
The comments are in and the staff has reviewed all of the suggestions for the name change of our team. Effective with the 2019 season the Carolina Pride will now be known as the Carolina Bearcats. This change will be reflected in new uniforms and helmet logos. The team will remain incorporated as Carolina Pride Football Inc. As a Non Profit Organization but we will be known as the Bearcats going forward. I did receive feedback of those not wanting to change history. Trust me we won’t forget our history and will always be known as the Pride!! We will even wear some throwback uniforms from time to time at home. We had a great first meeting and have heard from many. Stay in tune as we keep building towards 2019 season! Go Bearcats!!
Who is the Carolina Bearcats (formally known as the Pride)?
Take a listen to our athletic director Bryce Friesz and past head coach Mike Hawks tell you a little bit about who we are as an organization.
The Carolina Pride Meets Cam Newton
Subscribe Now to Receive Emails from Carolina Bearcats
Don't miss out on very important imformation about the 2018 Pride Football Season.
|2020 Bearcats Schedule|
|Weddington Optimist Park-Carolina Pride Home Field|