- Follow the Bearcats on Social media
- Twitter: @carolinabearcat Facebook: Carolinabearcatsfootball
- Instagram: @carolinabearcatsfootball;
- Go Bearcats
- GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2020 Carolina Bearcat Registration Forms
The 2020 Carolina Bearcat Registration Forms are now online. Please go to Handouts (not online forms) and there you will find the registration forms for the 2020 season. Please take the time to fill them out now, include a copy of your birth certificate and ID ( drivers License is a preference as it verifies your age, but can also use student Id or current photo if you do not have a license). Please go ahead and submit the packet either in the mail with check payable to the Carolina Bearcats, or you can email that completed package to Carolinabearcats@ gmail.com and payment can be mailed.
Player physicals can come later, but must be in before the start of the season. You can use the form at the end of the packet or a doctor form. Please sign all pages and provide all information required. It makes it easier not having to chase down missing items.
IF you have any questions you can direct them to email@example.com or contact Bryce Friesz, athletic director at 704-575-3956.
Carolina Bearcat Parent/Player Conference Call
To all Carolina Bearcat prospective players and parents:
Please make plans to join us on a 2020 team conference call on Sunday April 26th at 5:30pm. This is very important if you are definitely playing or considering playing for the Bearcats this year so make sure you are on the call! Stay safe and talk to you soon!
Sunday April 26th @ 5:30 pm
Until further notice, the Bearcats will be cancelling tonight’s workout and future workouts until we feel it is safe to resume activities. While we have no cases of the corona virus with any coaches and or players, we must take precautions to keep group activities to a minimum right now. Please check back to the website for updates about next week and beyond.
Summary of Off Season workouts scheduled
We have sent a few items out recently and I wanted to summarize those items:
- Starting Thursday March 12th, we will be hosting speed and agility workouts at our practice field 580 Union West Blvd from 6pm to 7:30pm. We will do this every Tuesday and Thursday night unless noted differently. If weather cancels them we will put it on the website by 4:30pm so please check back for that.
- Sunday March 22nd from 3pm to 5:30pm will be our first mini camp type practice. We will have an initial parent meeting at 5:30pm that night and will have team information for the up coming season at that time. Please plan to be there.
- We have posted a new fund raiser for the team. It is only open for 30 days so please check that out on the front page of our website, instagram or facebook for the team.
Fundraiser for the Bearcats
Fans we need your help. We are always looking for ways to raise funds for the team. We have partnered with a company to help us earn some dollars. Please go to https://www.customink.com/fundraising/widgets/help-support-the-carolina-bearcats-football-team and take a look at the shirt you can buy with proceeds going to the team. The store is open for 29 more days so please go now and give a little. The shirt will come directly to your residence and you will have helped raise a little money for the Bearcats!!!
Bearcats 2020 Mini Camp and Conference Announcement
Carolina Bearcat players, parents and fans:
Are you ready for some football? The staff for the Carolina Bearcats definitely are and we have some great news to share. To kick things off the Bearcats are now official members of the Greater Piedmont Independent Athletic Association. As champions of the playoff system we will be back to look to defend our championship and are very excited about that opportunity. While are our schedule is set for the most part in 2020 we will take part in the playoff system and be a part of the conference in full. As athletic director, I will also take a spot on the board of directors for the conference and we are looking forward to new relationships built across the state with this conference. It will also create more awareness of our football program and we hope it will draw more attention to colleges looking for players. This is also great news for the program.
ALSO we are starting things off with a Mini Camp on Sunday March 22nd from 3:00pm -5:30pm and we will have a parent meeting immediately following the practice for 15 minutes starting at 5:30pm. We will provide all the necessary program information at this time and give you more updates about the 2020 season. Mini Camp will be held at our practice field at 580 Union West Blvd in Matthews NC. Please come dressed to work out on the field with cleats (no helmet or pads required) and bring something to keep you hydrated. If you have questions about the Mini Camp please contact either myself with the contact information below or coach Tony Ravenell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-837-0273.
Please continue to pay attention to the website for announcements about the 2020 calendar. We will have updates very soon including our first information meeting with the coaching staff and players interested in the program.
Official Changes for the 2020 Bearcat Season
Fresh off the Bearcats winning the State Championship in Greensboro in 2019, the 2020 season is already under construction. The Bearcats finished strong with three straight playoff wins in route to their first ever Greater Piedmont Independent Athletic Association State Championship in North Carolina. It was a wonderful way to end the year! However we now look forward and I am pleased to announce the following changes for the 2020 season:
- I want to thank Coach Jim Mallos for his leadership over the last two years with the program. He was at the helm when we officially changed the team name from the Carolina Pride to the Carolina Bearcats and was instrumental in guiding the team to the state championship. He has since moved in the off season and with that he will be leaving the organization. We wish him well and were blessed to have him be a part of our organization.
- With that comes a new and excitement announcement. Coach Tony Ravenell who has been with the team for close to 10 years as an assistant coach will take over as the new head coach of the Bearcats. Coach Tony played high school and college ball and has been both the offensive and defensive coordinator at different times for the team so his wealth of knowledge will be utilized even more as he takes over the head coaching duties in the upcoming season.
- We are also excited to add two new coaches to the staff: Coach Shane Martin will be joining us this upcoming season as our associate head coach. Shane has played high school ball and played college ball at Mississippi State. His addition will only add to our leadership in this organization and are glad he has decided to join the coaching staff
- And finally we will be adding full time to our offensive coaching staff with Michael Weimer. Coach Michael assisted with the quarterbacks a bit last year on a part time basis but will joining us full time this year. He played high school football in South Carolina and was the starting quarterback at Wofford College in Spartanburg during his college career. His coaching advice on the offensive side of the ball will be a great addition to our team.
- We are also working to develop a brand new website to help us streamline communication, to allow for online payments and potential registration and other great new additions to make this organization bigger and better.
So while changes are coming, we believe they are all great changes and are already planning for the new year. Please stay tuned to the website for more information as we announce the schedule for the new year, team meetings, etc... LETS GO BEARCATS!!
Follow your Bearcats for live scoring updates online
Follow the Carolina Bearcats online. During our games this season there will be two ways to see what’s happening with your Bearcats during the game. We will have a live Twitter updates on our Twitter feed at Carolina bearcat as well as using the app score stream. We will have live scoring updates on the app. Presently on score stream we are listed as Carolina pride in the app, so you may need to search for us that way initially. Eventually it will change to Carolina Bearcats. it’s almost game time !!!!!
Weather Practice Policy
Players and Parents:
This is a reposting of our weather policy. Please pay attention to the details of this posting. If you don't see anything posted about a cancellation as shown below, then practice is on.
Football is a sport that can be played in the rain. Thunderstorms however will require the team to suspend or cancel practice and field conditions will also create the issue. The best way we can share information is through the website, so please check that if you have any questions. We will do our best to try and make a decision by 5pm each night if we believe weather is going to cancel the practice, but just because it is raining where you are, don't assume practice is cancelled. Always check the website. If you don't see anything posted, practice is on. It will only be posted if we are cancelling. Thanks. GO BEARCATS!!
Registration and payments due
As we now move into Monday through Thursday practices we also need to get missing registration packets, physicals , etc.. in. If you owe me items bring it to practice tonight. Also it is time to make payment. Checks can be made out to Carolina Pride football, you can bring cash or cash app is at $carolinabearcats. If you need to make multiple payments that’s fine but we need to start. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. Let’s go Bearcats! Bryce Friesz Athletic Director.
If you are a rising 8th to 12th grader and have an interest in cheerleading for the Bearcats come to the practice field at 580 A Union West Blvd in Matthews at 5pm Monday night for a meeting with the leaders. This is an informational meeting to gauge interest. Come cheer the Bearcats.. officially!
Let the Bearcat Season Begin!!
Bearcat players, parents and coaches:
We are about ready to go live!!! July 8th will began the mandatory practices for the Carolina Bearcats. While this is earlier then in past years, it is needed to prepare for the upcoming season. We return to our normal practice facility at 580A union west blvd in Matthews, NC.. .With the new traffic flow on Highway 74, if you are coming from Charlotte you will need to exit right at the Stalling Road exit. Take a left under the new overpass and take a right to go parallel with Highway 74. That will take you to Union West Blvd where you can turn left and go to the field. You can see a map of this under the direction page of our website. Coming from Indian Trail you simply take a right off of Highway 74 before you go over the overpass. Should be much easier for all this year with the new traffic flow.
Please do not park on the grass this year unless you are on the coaching staff. All parking must be on the street or in the parking lot of the building adjacent to the field. All trash must be picked up after practice and please do not leave anything at the field when you leave each night. Parents are others are more then welcome to stay, bring a chair and watch, but do not interrupt the practice. In July the practice schedule is Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 6pm to 8:30pm. We will be handing out equipment starting 7-8 and you MUST have your registration packet turned in or with you on that night to obtain equipment. The registration packet is under the handout section of our website. There will be no exceptions. The checklist provides all the needed information. The only items I will forgive initially are the physical (which will need to be done before our first game on 8-16) and the payment. While I prefer to be paid with the registration packet as we have many expenses that we must pay before the season begins, I will work with you on plans to pay if you need to discuss. That needs to be something you contact me about either at carolinabearcats@ gmail.com or you can contact me at 704-575-3956 and I will gladly discuss that.
If you cannot make a July practice you MUST communication with Coach Mallos. While we have other coaches and myself, Coach Mallos needs to know you will not be in attendance. Remember these are mandatory, so if you are missing it could affect your playing time. Starting in August we will add Wednesday to our practice week with games on Friday nights, so each week night will be football related.
We are excited about the upcoming season and more information, including a parents conference call, will be on the schedule in later July. I have several volunteer needs and things that will require parental help. It will also answer a lot of your questions. I would strong suggest that you make sure you check the website for updates. I also will have an email communication coming from our the league lineup site (www.carolinapridefootball.com). As I received the registration packets I load emails of the players and parents listed in that group. IF you are NOT receiving emails check your spam first, but let me know as something may be wrong with the address. Thanks so much and LET GO BEARCATS!!
Carolina Bearcats Home Practice Field
Many have asked where we practice normally and so attached you will find our regular practice home starting Monday July 8th:
Carolina Bearcats Union West Practice Field
580A Union West Blvd, Matthews, NC 28104
Clicking on the map will show you the site location. If you are coming on Hwy 74 from Monroe it is simply to turn off the highway and turn into Union West Blvd. However, if you are coming from Charlotte you have two options with current construction:
1) take Hwy 74 to Indian Trail- Waxhaw road and make a U Turn and come back toward Charlotte to enter Union West Blvd.
2) Turn left at Stallings road off Hwy 74. About half a mile turn right on Sweet Birch Road. At first stop sign turn Right. Then Turn left on White Oak Lane, Then Turn Right on Cupped Oak Drive, left on Beltway Blvd and left on Union West and field is on the right. This will avoid the busy Hwy 74 and wait at the u turn.
The map will show the streets mentioned in #2 above and you can follow my lead through the map. See you there!
The Carolina Pride is now officially......
The comments are in and the staff has reviewed all of the suggestions for the name change of our team. Effective with the 2019 season the Carolina Pride will now be known as the Carolina Bearcats. This change will be reflected in new uniforms and helmet logos. The team will remain incorporated as Carolina Pride Football Inc. As a Non Profit Organization but we will be known as the Bearcats going forward. I did receive feedback of those not wanting to change history. Trust me we won’t forget our history and will always be known as the Pride!! We will even wear some throwback uniforms from time to time at home. We had a great first meeting and have heard from many. Stay in tune as we keep building towards 2019 season! Go Bearcats!!
Who is the Carolina Bearcats (formally known as the Pride)?
Take a listen to our athletic director Bryce Friesz and past head coach Mike Hawks tell you a little bit about who we are as an organization.
The Carolina Pride Meets Cam Newton
Subscribe Now to Receive Emails from Carolina Bearcats
Don't miss out on very important imformation about the 2018 Pride Football Season.
|2020 Bearcats Schedule|
|Weddington Optimist Park-Carolina Pride Home Field|