Covid-19 update 3/26
All Carroll County Park and Rec Activities will remain closed until 4/26. No league sanctioned activities will be scheduled or allowed until after this date. We will follow all protocol set in place by Carroll County Recreation and Parks to help everyone navigate through these uncertain times and provide the safest environment possible for our families.
Further information can be seen here: https://www.carrollcountymd.gov/government/directory/recreation-parks/
Please note that we are not intending to cancel 2020 spring ball. It is our full intention to provide youth sports as soon as safely possible. At this point in time, the projected closure date ends only one week after our initial opening day for rec baseball and softball, and it is our hope to be able to still provide a full season of ball for all who are registered. Our registration will remain open during this time.
Stay safe, and we will keep you updated as more information becomes available.
President, Finksburg Baseball & Softball
Finksburg Baseball & Softball Families!!
It is with a heavy heart that I post this, even though I know it is the right thing to do. With the onset of the covid-19 situation across the area, and the recent changes related to the state of emergency in our county, we are forced to put the health and safety of our families to the forefront of all priorities. Finksburg Baseball & Lady Lions Softball operates as a Carroll County Recreation and Parks sanctioned activity, and as such, follows all protocol issued by them. Parks and Rec has cancelled all activities from now until March 30th. I am hopeful that this timeline is not extended, but we will wait for the green light from Parks and Rec before resuming.
We will suspend all baseball & softball activities through this period. This includes cancelling our field prep day planned for tomorrow. We will look at the possibility of rescheduling the events previously scheduled during this hiatus, including our upcoming skills clinic.
We remain hopeful and optimistic that once this period is over, baseball will resume in the best manner possible. We will continue to keep our parents and players informed of our plans and intentions and we look forward to providing you with the best season possible given the situation at hand. We appreciate the cooperation of our volunteers, coaches, and parents during this time.
President, Finksburg Baseball & Softball
Our program is open to boys and girls ages 5 thru 18 (still in High School) and is dedicated to developing baseball skills for all ages. For the 2020 season, we will be offering recreational league in-house programs for all levels and travel programs for those seeking advanced skills and competition for ages 9 and above. In-house recreation practices begin in early April with games played through the end of June. Travel teams begin in early March and play through the end of June with older teams playing well into July.
Age guidelines for following leagues are based on player’s age on 4/30/20. Players 8 and older may advance to older league based on evaluation…players may not advance without being evaluated.
To register for Recreational Baseball please click here
- Instructional League ($100) - Ages 5 and 6: Focus on basic baseball skills with games featuring soft tosses, coach pitch or hitting from T, depending on ability. All players bat each inning, defensive focus to get batter out, competition not emphasized.
- Rookie League ($115) - Ages 7 and 8: Focus on advancing basic baseball skills featuring games pitched by coaches and players as ability permits, 3 outs per inning, no stealing, strike-outs, defense focus to control the play, competition not emphasized.
- Minor League ($145) - Ages 9 and 10: Focus on advancing baseball skills and learning game situations
- featuring player pitching, limited stealing, keeping score and standings, use of umpires and introduction of a year end championship tournament. Base paths are 60 feet and pitching distance is 48 feet.
- Major League ($155) - Ages 11 and 12: All Minor league features with bases and extended, unlimited stealing, and leading off of bases. Base paths are 70 feet and pitching distance is 48 feet.
- Senior League ($190)– Ages 13 and 14: Major League Baseball features with bases and mound distance extended. Base paths are 80 feet and pitching distance is 54 feet. The Senior League teams play other teams from Hampstead, Manchester and Westminster Senior League Programs.
- Super Senior League ($225) – Ages 15-18: Senior League features with bases at 90 feet and pitching distance at 60 feet, playing other teams nearby in Carroll County and Reisterstown.
- Travel Program – Ages 8-17: Finksburg Baseball offers a higher level of competition to its players thru tull time Travel opportunities. Team's ranging from 8 thru 17 years old compete in the Mid Atlantic Baseball Association (MABA) representing Finksburg Baseball. For more information on Lions Travel Ball, please click here.
Send payments to : Finksburg Baseball Po Box 39 Finksburg Maryland 21048
The Americans with Disabilities Act applies to the Carroll County Government and its programs, services, activities, and facilities. Anyone requiring an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication or who has a complaint should contact The Department of Citizen Services, 410.386.3600 or 1.888.302.8978 or MD Relay 7-1-1/1.800.735.2258 or email email@example.com as soon as possible but no later than 72 hours before the scheduled event.
Field Schedules / Request
Please click on the Calendar / Field Schedule button on the left to determine the field schedules and availability.
Requests for available fields, will be assigned on a first in, first assigned basis. League games will take priority over practices.
To Request a field please submit your request to here
|2020 Spring Baseball Registration Form|
Get important messages from Finksburg Baseball & Girls Fast Pitch Softball by Text & Email