- WELCOME TO THE 2019 BASEBALL SEASON!!!
WELCOME, EXCITING NEWS FOR 2020! THE WEBSITE YOU ARE CURRENTLY ON SERVED US VERY WELL FOR OUR 22 YEARS TO DATE HOWEVER AS OF March 1st, 2020 we will not be adding or updating this website as our brand new one www.lwfbaseball.com is now live and online. Please go to the new site for 2020 news and to REGISTER ONLINE NOW.
ALL SEASONS BASEBALL PITCHING CAMP
We did receive our contract for the gym in September. With all the group teams now playing games its going to be hard to get field times that will be suitable for everyone. We feel it would be that much easier to hold them in gym that way we are guaranteed our time slots. Just waiting on the final dates to start . (End of August first of September is when they send it out) As soon as we have the dates confirmed we will post them on here and email everyone.
ALL SEASONS BASEBALL PITCHING CAMP 2020
SACKVILLE HEIGHTS JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
KENT PIETRACUPA – 902-252-1641
410 – 35 Legacy Court, Lower Sackville, NS, B4C 0A5
Kent will be holding a Pitching camp for those going to and those in
Rookie / First Year Mosquito (7,8,9,10) year olds
Also For Second Year Mosquito / Pee Wee (11,12,13) year olds
The purpose of the camp is to provide the fundamentals of pitching. Each session is 1 hours 15 minutes due to the cleaning of covid-19 we need to clean before and after each session.The players will learn the 5 links of the chain to pitching (Footwork, Balance, Power Position, Rotation & Follow-through), agility exercises and pitching drills.
Please forward players name, parent’s names and phone numbers.
The cost is $150.00 for 5 sessions and the camps have been filling up quicker every year. Due to problems in the past, your child is not registered until payment is received. I just want to ensure all kids have a chance to participate in the camp. You can send an Interact E-transfer to: email@example.com or you can do a cash drop off.
Rookie/ Mosquito - TBA 6:00 pm to 7:15 pm
Mosquito / Peewee - TBA 7:30 pm to 8:45 pm
NOTE: If the school is closed due to storms or other reasons then the gym session is also cancelled. If there is an in service the gym is still open. Visit the camp website for updates on sessions in case of closures.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me any time and I look forward to this years Pitching camps.
2020 LWF Baseball Registration Now Open
We are excited to announce that we are set up with TeamSnap for online registration! Registration is now open and will close May 1st. Please click here to register https://go.teamsnap.com/forms/217437.
If you are having any difficulty registering or have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The LWF Baseball Association has invested into running the league through TeamSnap and all teams from 9U-18U will have a TeamSnap account provided with no cost to the coach or team. We are also very close to having our new website go live!
Canada Girls Baseball in Japan!!
Baseball Canada is sending a team of 5 girls to Japan for a camp in August 2020. Players must submit a video as to why they should be picked to go. The camp is open to girls who are 10 & 11(Born after August 14th of 2008 so not 12 until after August 14th of this year) Follow the link for more info.
Additional questions can be sent to Holly Lapierre - Holly.Lapierre@bellaliant.ca
Deadline is in a few weeks –as all the winners information has to be back to the organizing committee in March
Calling All Girls 10-14 Years Old!
There will be an all-girls baseball camp for Mosquito & PeeWee players ages 10-14 @ The Warehouse, 78 First Lake Dr., Lower Sackville. Coaches are Adam Long and Brendan Nobes.
The sessions will be:
The camp is open to all girls 10-14 years of age (Mosquito & PeeWee) and those girls interested in possible LWF rep girls baseball teams and LWF U12 provincial tournament team.
Cost is $150 for the 8 weeks. Payment in full is required for registration by the start of the camp on Feb. 14, first come, first served.
Payment can be sent by e-transfer to Guida Warford, email@example.com.
Please register with the following information via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Child's name
2) Child's Birthdate
3) Parent's name
4) Address and phone contact
Looking forward to some great pre-season baseball!!!!
2020 Annual General Meeting
The 2020 AGM will be held on Tuesday, February 25th at the LWF Community Hall (843 Fall River Road) at 6:30 pm. All members are welcome to join.
High-Performance Baseball Training Camp
- The camp will begin on November 17 and run through to March.
- Each athlete will attend two camp sessions per week on Sunday and Monday evenings.
Age Groups: Based on the 2020 Baseball Season
- AA, AAA and Provincia Level Athletes
- Age 12-14: (PeeWee and First-Year Bantam) - 7 to 8 pm
- Age 15 and Up: (Second Year Bantam and Above) - 8 to 9 pm
- Maximum 10 athletes per session
- Training will take place at 20 Mount Hope Avenue at Falck Safety Systems.
- Jeff Reeves, Mike Reeves, Chris Thibideau and Phil Apa
- The goal of the camp is to develop athlete strength in combination with baseball skills.
- This is a three-phase program that includes strength and conditioning, power and flexibility, and a progressive throwing program to increase velocity.
- The camp will also include a hitting component that will strive to increase bat speed, power, work on launch angles and exit velocity.
- Each athlete will receive a personalized program in which they are required to follow in between camp sessions.
- The camp cost is $500 per athlete (Approx.. $17.50 per session)
- Payment plans can be established
- For more information and to register contact Jeff Reeves at email@example.com
LWF Tournament Success
Congratulations to the LWF Yardgoats on winning the 13U A Tier 4 Provincial Championship. The Yardgoats were a combination of LWF Pirates, Bucs and Blue Jays and went 5-1 in the provincial tournament including an extra innings win in the championship game.
Congratulations to the 13U Miners going undefeated to win their second consecutive SABA tournament in Summerside, PEI with a nail biter 2-1 victory in the finals.
Congrats to the 13U Miners on their gold medal in the Halifax Minor Baseball Classic 2019!
Congratulations to the 13U Peewee Miners for winning the playoff championship. The Miners beat the Sackville Yankees 7-6 to claim the gold.
Congratulations to the 15U Bantam Miners for winning the playoff championship. The Miners beat the LWF Buccaneers 4-2 to claim the gold. Congrats to both teams.
2019 ROOKIE PLAY-OFF SCHEDULE:
2) due to darkness coming earlier now all play off games will be 4 innings only
3) round robin games can end in a tie
4) coin flip for home team
5) top 2 teams in each division will play in championship game
A Division - LWF Raiders, Road Runners, Miners & Braves
B Division - LWF Buccaneers, Blue Jays & Kodiaks
C Division - LWF Mets & Rangers, EH Blue & Red
THURSDAY, AUG 22ND:
Grand Lake 6:00 Raiders 3 vs Braves 4
Waverley Legion 6:00 Mets 11 vs EH Blue 1
WJCC(S) 6:00 Buccaneers 6 vs Blue Jays 1
FRIDAY, Aug 23rd:
Grand Lake 6:00 Rangers 11 vs EH Red 19
Waverley Legion 6:00 Kodiaks 7 vs Buccaneers 13
WJCC(S) 6:00 Road Runners 8 vs Miners 19
SUNDAY, Aug 25th:
Grand Lake 6:00 Mets 18 vs EH Red 12
WJCC(S) 6:00 Blue Jays 12 vs Kodiaks 11
MONDAY, Aug 26th:
WJCC(S) 6:00 Raiders 7 vs Miners 9
Grand Lake 6:00 Road Runners 9 vs Braves 16
Waverley Legion 6:00 EH Blue 4 vs Rangers 1
TUESDAY, Aug 27th:
WJCC(S)6:00 Raiders 3 vs Road Runners 10
Grand Lake 6:00 Mets 12 vs Rangers 14
Waverley Legion 6:00 Buccaneers 10 vs Blue Jays 9
WEDNESDAY, Aug 28th:
Grand Lake 6:00 Miners 11 vs Braves 15
Waverley Legion 6:00 Kodiaks 12 vs Buccaneers 15
MONDAY, SEPT 2nd:
WJCC Small Field 6:00 Blue Jays 10 vs Kodiaks 5
Enfield Legion 6:00 EH Red 14 vs EH Blue 1
THURSDAY, SEPT 5th:
WJCC(S) 6:00 "A" Division finals Miners 10 vs Braves 5 - CONGRATS TO LWF MINERS
Waverley Legion 6:00 "B" Division Finals Buccaneers 9 vs Blue Jays 7 - CONGRATS TO LWF BUCCANEERS!
Grand Lake 6:00 "C" Division finals LWF Mets 9 vs East Hants Red 5 - CONGRATS TO LWF METS
July 21st: Congrats to our East Coast Royals Junior (age 19-21) team comprised of players from LWF, Sackville, Bedford & Hammonds Plains Associations for winning the Nova Scotia National Eliminations on the week-end by downing Dartmouth 3 - 2 in the Championship game.
Our Junior team will now go on to represent NS at the Canadian National Championships - good luck to all!
COMPETITIVE AND RECREATIONAL BASEBALL FOR ALL AGES
We welcome you to the LWF (Fall River & District) Minor Baseball Website. Our Association has over 600 players ranging from Novice (4/5 yrs old) right through to Intermediate (19 and up) with both rep and rec teams in all divisions. We will be adding information all year so please feel free to browse through and if you have any questions call Barry at 902-860-1472. LWF Minor Baseball Association is also a partner with Sackville & Bedford to form the Tri-County Rangers Rep baseball teams that play in the N.S Bluenose League around the Province. Our Association is for both girls and boys and offers a recreational league for ages 7 through 18. If you are 12 yrs and older we also offer a supervised Umpires Program where you can earn some money and learn the game from a totally different perspective. We cover mainly the areas of Fall River, Windsor Jct, Lakeview, Waverley, Wellington, Grand lake and Enfield. Our teams play out of fields in Windsor Jct, Waverley, Grand Lake, Sackville, Bedford, Hammonds Plains and Enfield.
To Coach OR Not To Coach!
“Nobody would step up and volunteer, so finally I said I would do it. The parents were thrilled when I said I would do it and now those same parents are unhappy with the way I’m handling the team. I told them I hadn’t coached before and now it seems like everyone has an opinion about what I’m doing wrong.”
Sound familiar? Why should you coach? For many reasons!
To truly enjoy coaching at any level you need to expand on your reasons for coaching to include items that provide a personal sense of happiness and reward. Put aside all of the community service reasons and think about aspects of coaching that can give you a feeling of satisfaction and personal joy. This way you will find greater motivation to be the best coach you can without worrying about negative criticism.
1. Enjoy being part of a team - The interaction with the players that takes place on the field is something that can’t be duplicated when you sit in the stands.
2. Enjoy teaching youth - It’s a thrill to see the happiness that occurs when a player has learned something new and is able to perform that skill..
3. Enjoy acting like a kid - Kids don’t understand the concept of working or practicing hard, nor should they be expected to. What they do understand is the concept of playing hard and having fun, so have fun with them....Act like a kid, they love it and respond to it!!!
4. Coaching is a challenge - Love the challenge of trying to continually improve and get better. For both players and coaches that concept is really one of the main lessons that sports can teach us. The added bonus is it can be used in every part of your life.
5. Spending time with the kids - saved this for last, but it’s really first on the list. Being out on the field with the kids is an awesome opportunity to spend quality time that they will hopefully always remember.
It’s important to realize that to be good at coaching you have to
be doing it for reasons other than “they needed someone”. Almost anyone can become a very good youth coach, but it’s like anything else you’re good at, it takes a desire to become good at it. Put aside your fears of coaching by realizing that we ask our kids to put aside their fears every time they step up to the plate, take a spot in the field or pitch their first pitch. Fear should never become an obstacle.
So, don't be afraid to check that volunteer coach box on your registration form this season. You might just end up with a new rewarding addiction!!!