Tournament Weather Information
All games running as scheduled
2018 Double-Elimination Tournament
Venue Information and Brackets -
Updated 10/14 - 7:45pm
Below are the hosting organizations for each age bracket. Click on the division name to view the brackets with field assignments and game start time.
Tournament Specific Rules:
TIME LIMIT - Each game will have a time limit of 1 hour and 45 minutes (even for weeknight games).
- At the end of the time limit, the current inning will be completed
- If the time limit is not reached an inning may begin... even at the 1 hour and 44 minute mark
- Mercy rules from the regular season apply
- Games tied after allotted innings AND under the time limit will play a full extra inning
- Games tied after the time limit are to use international tie-breaking rules
INTERNATIONAL TIE-BREAKING RULES - No outs, the last out from the previous inning is put on second base, the lineup resumes from that point. When either team is leading after the home team bats, the game is over.
HOME TEAM - The higher seed is the home team for each game except for the championship game (team from the winner bracket is home team for all championship games)
LAST INNING FOR NATIONAL GAMES - An umpire does not call "last inning" based on the time remaining in a game. The only time the last inning with unlimited runs occurs is if the final inning of the game is started prior to the time limit expiring.
Tournament Game Results and Reporting Procedure:
Winning coach will call in all results immediately after completion to Kelly at 215-896-5107 with the following information:
- Division Reporting
- Visiting Team score and name
- Home team score and name
- Innings pitched for visiting team
- Innings Pitched for Home team
Updated brackets will be posted at the conclusion of each day of games. Any pitching questions are to be directed to Kelly as all pitching is being tracked.
Do not hesitate to call/text with any questions regarding pitching for your team or the rules in general. Please don't call/text unless you are trying to verify whether you have a pitcher eligible for your team. I will not answer questions for coaches trying to "plan" for their next game.
2018 Fall Baseball Season Details and Forms
Use the following forms when submitting rosters and blackout dates for teams and venue.
- August 19 - Team/Coach Registration Form with Venue Blackout Dates
- August 29 - Roster Submission Form
- September 4 - Rosters with uniform numbers are due
- September 15th - Last day to add players to an existing roster
Email these forms at the start of the season. Any roster updates go directly to Kelly (webmaster @ pylbaseball.org) as soon as possible.
2018 Fall Season Dates:
- September 4th - Season Starts
- October 11th - Mandatory Coaches Meeting for tournaments
- October 13th-21st - end of season double elimination tournaments
Notice: There may be additional dates for playoff games during the week
2018 Fall Season Specific Rules:
- Game Time Limits - No inning shall start after 7:45 pm
- Completed Game - 3 1/2 innings constitutes a complete game
- Mercy Rule - If the visiting team is ahead at any point by the mercy rule, the home team always has last at bat of that particular inning.
NOTE: If you are cancelling a game due to weather, please text Kelly at 215-896-5107 AFTER notifying the opposing team and umpires.
Information for all PYL Coaches:
Just as a reminder, please report all final game scores and pitching within 24 hours of the completion of a game. The winning coach is responsible to post the score and innings pitched for both teams.Any changes and requests regarding rosters go directly to Kelly at the email address: webmaster (at) pylbaseball.org
Links for Coaches:
Click on the link below to review the pitching across the league. Coaches, it is recommended that you verify this report on a regular basis
2018 Fall Season Rules:
Click on the link below to download an easy to print out chart of all the important rules for the 2018 fall season. The spreadsheet has been updated with a third sheet containing other import rules. (Updated 9/1/18)
Game Reschedule Request:
Through out the season there will be a need to reschedule games. Please use the form on the right hand side of the site to submit your game change request.
Game Reporting Instructions: