- 2000 Maryland State American Legion Champions
- 2013 Maryland State American Legion Runner Ups
- 2000 & 2013 Montgomery County Champions
- 2000, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016 Regular Season Champions
- 2016 Maryland Junior Legion State Runner Ups
Welcome to the home of the Damascus Post 171
Damascus Patriots Baseball Program (Seniors U19) (Juniors U17)
2018 American Legion Baseball Banquet - Save the Date!
The 2018 American Legion Baseball Banquet to recognize our Legion athletes, coaches, and Boosters will be held on Sunday evening, December 16th at the Post Home on Lewis Drive in Damascus, MD. Please reserve the date and plan to attend. If you have any questions, please contact Alan Rannals or Keith Martin.
2018 Post 171 Baseball Scholarship Award: Ethan Wentzlaff
The 2018 Post 171 Baseball Scholarship Award Committee is excited to announce that this year's inaugural award recipient is Post 171 Senior Legion standout, Ethan Wentzlaff. Ethan, a four-year Post 171 Legion Player, was selected based upon his high school academic performance, his community service activities, and his baseball athleticism. He will continue his education and baseball experiences in the Fall at the University of Maryland - Baltimore County (UMBC). UMBC will receive a $750 grant from the Post 171 Baseball Program in Ethan's name to be applied for his college expenses. Congratulations to Ethan and his family!
Post 171 Players Receiving Recognition
Congratulations to the following Post 171 Senior Legion Baseball Players who distinguished themselves this year on the diamond and were recognized for their athletic performances over the Spring baseball season:
Damascus High School
- Ethan Wentzlaff, Senior: DHS MVP Award; 3A/2A MVP and All District team; Mid-Atlantic Baseball Classic All-Star; and Montgomery County Senior All-Star
- Connor Manion, Senior: DHS Pitching Award; 3A/2A First Team Pitcher; Mid-Atlantic Baseball Classic All-Star; and Montgomery County Senior All-Star
- Bradley Jamison, Senior: DHS Defensive Player Award; 3A/2A Second Team Player; Mid-Atlantic Baseball Classic All-Star; and Montgomery County Senior All-Star
- Tyler Retherford, Senior: DHS Sportsmanship Award; 3A/2A Second Team Player; and Mid-Atlantic Baseball Classic All-Star
- Matthew Martin, Senior: DHS John Brown Award (highest GPA) and DHS Most Improved Player
Magruder High School
- Jared Ng, Junior: MD Sports Association Scholar Athlete Award
Poolesville High School
- Luke Trythall, Sophomore: 3A/2A Second Team Player
Seneca Valley High School
- Jalen Toombs, Junior: 3A/2A First Team Player
- Joe Lotier, Sophomore: SVHS Eagle Award
Did You Know....
American Legion Baseball by the Numbers:
- 60,000+ Baseball Participants
- 71 Former American Legion Baseball players in the Hall of Fame, including all three 2017 honorees: Jeff Bagwell, Tim Raines, and Ivan Rodriguez
- 9 AL World Series games to be broadcast live on national television on ESPNU from August 10-15.
Follow us on Twitter
You can now follow Post 171 on Twitter for updates throughout the season. Information about Practices, Games and Cancellations will all be posted on Twitter.
Follow us @Post171Baseball
|Visit our Fan Shop|