2019 Baseball and Softball Registration is Now Open!!!
About St. Joseph’s Baseball and Softball
St. Joe's caters to players of all levels from children who have never played before to children who have been playing for several years. Every child will have equal opportunity to learn and play regardless of skill level. The purpose of recreational baseball/softball is to teach the fundamentals of the game in a fun, team-oriented environment. If players show advanced skill and would like to play at a more competitive level, they can try-out for one of our affiliated travel teams, NJ Hitmen Baseball or NJ Makos Softball.
Our facilities are located at the corner of Broadway (lower Lloyd Road) and Geran Street, which is conveniently located between the Garden State Parkway (exit 117) and Route 35. The facility consists of four well maintained, lighted fields. We also have scoreboards, a batting cage, a fully equipped snack stand, ample parking, shaded pavilions and restrooms.
- 1 player tee ball (ages 4-6) - $99
- 1 player instructional/minors/intermediate/majors (girls ages 7-14, boys ages 7-12) - $139
- Family – 2 or more players (same address required) - $199
- Workbond fee is $100.00. The workbond fee will be refunded at the end of the season after your workbond commitment has been completed
- All coaches MUST comply with VIRTUS training and be fingerprinted. This is done to ensure your children are being coached and supervised by vetted individuals.
- If you are interested in coaching, please note your availability in the registration form, or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- St. Joe’s provides every player with a shirt, pants, hat and socks
- All home games and practices are held at the St. Joe's athletic complex in Keyport
- Some travel is required for inter-league games played at Bayshore fields. Typical travel time is no more than 20 minutes from St. Joe's fields.
- We accept credit cards, debit cards and Paypal.
St. Joe's Baseball and Softball is proudly associated with both NJ Hitmen Baseball and NJ Makos Softball.
The NJ Hitmen are a travel baseball club based out of the St. Joe's sports complex in Keyport NJ. The Hitmen currently have teams playing in USABL at the 8U, 9U, 10U, 11U and 12U levels. Many of the players on the NJ Hitmen teams started out playing St. Joe's recreational baseball and now play for both St. Joe's and the NJ Hitmen.
The NJ Makos are a travel softball club also based out of St. Joe's. The Makos have 2 teams playing in USABL, an 8U and a 12U team. Like the Hitmen, many of the girls on the Makos started out playing St. Joe's rec softball and now play for both St. Joe's and the Makos. The 2 Makos teams are trained by a professional trainer who played D1 softball and is now a high school teacher and high school softball coach.
Both the Hitmen and the Makos play and train year round, outdoors in the spring/summer/fall and indoors at a local sports facility in the winter. Both teams play in the spring and fall USABL league as well as numerous local/regional tournaments throughout the year. Tryouts for both teams are usually held in the spring and summer each year.
If your St. Joe's player is looking to take their game to the next level, the Hitmen and the Makos are both great programs that offer excellent training and competitive play in a fun yet challenging environment.