- Wrestling is the ONLY sport, everything else is just a game
- Forget Fear - Wrestle
- Toughest Sport - Bar None
- Winning isn't an option, it's a choice
For those interested in joining the WWC, we will be holding open mats on the first three Mondays in October.
A Breed Apart
A Wrestler, overrated, underrated…does it really matter? Believe it or not, a JV wrestler struggling to score their first takedown and the state placer going for win 100 are the same. They both have the same determination, guts and heart to walk out onto the mat alone and give 110% for six minutes in the most elemental, primal form of human sporting competition. They will both have moments of fear. They will both have moments of triumph. There will be times when the third period feels like a lifetime or times when the entire match feels like fleeting seconds. They will both have goals. The goal might be to not get pinned. The goal might be to score a tech fall in the first period. They will both work toward the ultimate goal of having the referee grab their wrist and raise their hand in the air…to capture the moment when they were the best. They will trade hundreds and hundreds of hours of training and gallons of sweat for that one moment of elation.
They will endure pain, stress and hunger for the opportunity to step into that circle in the center of the gym and show what they are made of. So when the JV kid gets his hand raised for the first time he’ll cherish the moment and will feel the same way the state placer feels when his hand goes up for the 100th time. When the state placer gets win 100, deep inside he’ll remember his first JV win because the sensation of winning is still the same…that’s why they both do it…to capture those moments. My hat is off to any kid that has the raw courage to participate in this great sport. When it’s all said and done you will have earned much more than a record of wins and losses. You will be viewed as an elite athlete, a fierce competitor and a true warrior. You will have earned respect, admiration and trust from your coaches, teammates, opponents and fans. You will carry with you what you have learned on the mat the rest of your life and be better for it. You are and always will be A Wrestler…a breed apart.
Practice Wrestling Attire -
Woodbridge Wrestling Club News
* Contact information can be found on the website in the "Contact Info" section.
* All wrestlers must stay on the team benches during the entire match to support their fellow teammates.
* Coaches and officials will be the "only" non-wrestlers allowed to cross the mat and sit with the team.
* Parents, family, friends and fans are asked to please stay in the spectator seating area.
* The use of vulgar or inappropriate language by anyone for any means is strictly prohibited.