Season Offered: Spring & Fall Season
This program is like no other. Safety is our number one concern where an 10 inch Incrediball is used (a “softer” version softball). Teams are kept small, try to keep each team at 8 players per team, guaranteeing each child 100% playing time, minimizing any standing or sitting around. Additionally, the players will get more individual coaching time, focused on learning the fundamentals. Smaller teams will also allow players to receive several at bats per game – their favorite thing at this age! Teams play a form of CalBall where the coach pitches a few times to the batter and if the player does not hit the ball, the ball is placed on a Tee. We have found this to move the games faster and is is more exciting than T-ball. This is softball at a higher success rate in terms of fun, skill development, and player retention. Players/parents will be contacted by their coach the first week in March for the Spring Season, and by the last week in August for the Fall season. and the Spring league play typically runs through the second week in June. Games are not scored and there are no team win/loss records – all players are winners!
Tryouts/Placements: Tryouts and/or placements are not required at this age.
Cost: $70 softball + $13 CAC Facility Fee (sport total = $83) plus annual $85 CAC Family fee
· April thru Mid June or mid-August thru October
· One Weeknight practice and One Saturday game per week in the Spring. Weeknight practice and Sunday afternoon game in the Fall.
· Practices: Crofton Middle School
· Games: Intramural, may have away games with Bowie Bulldogs
Fall Games: either clinic-style, games with Bowie Bulldogs or with the North Anne Arundel County league
- Glove – Sball Commissioner recommends the Jennie Finch Mizuno Glove, but must be large enough to easily hold the ball inside
Uniform: T-Shirt, shorts and Ballcap - Provided by CAC