Mandatory Fingerprinting & Background Check - 2017 Season
Anyone coaching in FRGSL (including Flemington Flames travel division) must be in compliance with Raritan Township Ordinance No. 07-11 which addresses the need to complete a background check once every three years. This is for the safety of our daughters. Exceptions will not be granted.
FRGSL is required to follow the NJ State Police process for Youth Serving Organization Volunteers (YSO's) via the Volunteer Review Operations (VRO), therefore all fingerprinting will be done through the company MorphoTrust, USA.
All head and assistant coaches must be within the 3 year validation window at all times they are involved with a team (ex. March thru June for recreation; September through July for travel). All recreation coaches must have a valid background check on file no later than March 12, 2017 to be eligible to coach in the FRGSL for this season. Example: Your background check expires on May 18, 2016, therefore, you must complete your updated check by April 1, 2016.
IF YOU HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY FINGERPRINTED THROUGH FRGSL:
If you have been fingerprinted and approved on or after August 1, 2013, and FRGSL has a record of the approval, you do not need to be fingerprinted again at this time. If you are unsure, please send an email to the League President via the Contacts Info link on the home page.
IF YOU HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY FINGERPRINTED BY ANOTHER YOUTH SPORTS PROGRAM:
If you have been fingerprinted and approved on or after August 1, 2013 by another youth sports program, please complete the fingerprinting release form (located at the top of this page), sign and mail (either PO Box 24, Flemington, NJ 08822 -or- via email to the League President). Please specify the name of the organization so that we know who to contact. You must also complete the authorization expiration date on item #6. This will allow your records to be released to FRGSL.
Remember that only backgrounds conducted under the VRO process are applicable for our use. Other background checks for such instances as employment, are not applicable for our use. Also, we will only release results to those organizations that are governed under the VRO process. This background check cannot be used for employment purposes.
IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN FINGERPRINTED -or- IF IT IS GREATER THAN 3 YEARS SINCE LAST FINGERPRINTING -or- IF THE LEAGUE DOES NOT HAVE A RECORD:
The fee is established by the State and must be paid at the time of registration by either credit card or electronic debit card. No personal checks will be accepted.
This fee will be reimbursed to you by FRGSL. (The reimbursement process is described below).
Fees for late or cancelled appointments will not be reimbursed.
Each prospective head and assistant coach must follow this process:
1. Complete the Universal Fingerprint Form (IDG_NJAPP_110113) attached here: New Jersey Universal Fingerprint Form
2. You must enter K09001 in Field (7), Contributor's Case #
3. Go to the MorphoTrust website (www.bioapplicant.com/nj) to schedule your fingerprint appointment and enter the requested information. Most of this info is from the NJ State form.
4. Submit the form and receive an Applicant ID Number. Write this number on the NJ State form in the appropriate box at the bottom of the form.
5. Select the most convenient time and location for fingerprinting from the available sites listed. Schedule an appointment.
6. Write the site, date, and time of your appointment on the NJ State form in the appropriate box at the bottom of the form.
7. Bring the completed form and proper id to your appointment. Once at the location, fingerprinting itself should take no longer than ten minutes.
8. After your completed appointment, send the original receipt along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to FRGSL, PO Box 24, Flemington, NJ 08822 and a reimbursement check will be sent to you.
Please note that the NJ State Police will provide a report to the league only. Individuals will not receive a copy of the outcome of the check.
If you have any questions, please contact the League President via the Contact Info section of the website.
Thank you for your participation in this process!!