The success of any team relies on the ability to effectively fill the lineup with players that are willing to play. When it becomes impossible to do this, the team struggles or forfeits and the team loses. This is the same concept behind good volunteer organizations. Except when we fail to put forth a full roster, the entire league suffers.
Please take a moment to review the positions below and consider how you can best support the league that helps prepare our girls for the future ahead. Whether that future involves high school sports; scholarships to college; or simply building self esteem and learning teamwork, commitment, time management and how to work hard towards goals, the Havenwood Girls Softball program is here to help the girls in our community. Remember, the more we give to our girls translates into the more the girls gain from their experience.
If interested in helping or filling one of the positions, please contact your team manager or contact a member of the Havenwood Board or email David at David@HavenwoodGirlsSoftball.org. All help is welcome as there is no person whose time or talents are not valued. All volunteers must be able to pass an Anne Arundel County Background Check.
Good News!!! If you or your child is registered to play, then you are already a member of Havenwood Girls Softball! Now all you need to know, is how you can help! We are ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS looking for more volunteers.
- Managers - Organize and lead each team. (1 per team) -- click here to apply
- Asst. Coaches - Assist a manager in teaching softball. (2-3 per team) -- click here to apply
- Team Parent - Assists a manager in keeping other parents informed of team and organization activities. (At least 1 per team)
- Executive Board Members - Organize and lead the basic operations of Havenwood Girls Softball.-- click here to apply
- Associate Board Members - Assist the Executive Board Members in specific functions, such as equipment management, fundraising activities, field maintenance, etc.-- click here to apply
There are tons of opportunities to volunteer to support your organization. Simply indicate how you can help on your sign-up form, respond to the many email & Facebook posted requests for volunteers throughout the season or email David at David@HavenwoodGirlsSoftball.org to find out how you can help.
- Committee Workers - Help complete short-term specific tasks, such as Opening Day activities, Team Pictures, Hit-A-Thon, Uniform Sorting & Distribution, Field Cleanup Day, etc.
- Support Volunteers - Drop in and help when something needs to be done and doesn't need a committee formed. Help line and drag the fields, help with mailers and flyers, help take out and put away equipment, assist with general facility maintenance, simply help your coach cleanup after practice, ect.
- Concession Volunteers - The concession stand is mainly here as a service to our members. It is not a huge profit maker. To keep expenses low, all teams are required to cover 2-3 days per season (an email will be sent each season with details). The team's responsibility is to be split between the parents on the team. Do not force the coach to cover the shifts for your team, they already do enough. To keep this from becoming overwhelming, shifts usually only last around 2 hours and volunteers are paired with an experienced concession staff member.