Follow us on Facebook
for Orders Over $80
Join Our EMail List
Welcome to the Home of the
Aston Valley Baseball League
FIELD MAINTENANCE- AFTER EVERY GAME!
At the conclusion of EVERY game the field should be raked and dugouts cleaned. Please follow the directions below when raking the fields. This task is not solely the coaches responsibility. Any parent can assist with this task to maintain our fields. If it is done properly and consistently it will help maintain our fields better for the kids playing the games and will assist when we get rain as well. The fields should dugouts should be cleaned of all trash and equipment after every game as well. Please help with this as it is EVERYONE’S responsibility as members of AVBL.
By following these simple guidelines will only improve the field and complex conditions making them safer and more enjoyable for the players and parents.
· Home plate and pitcher’s mound: rake all the dirt around back towards the holes and fill in the holes created during the game.
· Base paths: do not rake across the path, but go up and down the baseline. Raking across the path can cause low spots and also build up on the grass cutouts.
· Bases: pull the base and replace the plugs. Rake towards the holes bases once the plugs are installed and fill in any low spots created (from sliding).
Thank you for your support!
WEIR PARK CONSTRUCTION
The work at Weir Park continues and will hopefully be wrapping up soon. With the recent improvements, large rocks have been placed around the complex and bridge. We are finding kids to be picking up the large rocks and walking them to the bridge and dropping them over the side. We need parents to communicate with their children that the rocks are to be left in place. The bridge does not have guardrails on it yet and we do not want anyone to get injured.
Field Maintenance Time
Just a friendly reminder that all field maintenance on Sundays will be held at 10:00 AM. Stop by the concession stand for direction. Thank you for your assistance.
We have fundraising activities still on-going:
· The Philly Sports raffle will be going on throughout the season with it concluding with our AVBL raffle on June 6th.
· ‘Round-the Horn’ event will be coming on May 16th. More info coming this week.
· AVBL Golf Outing- May 18th at Paxon Hollow Country Club. The information is on the AVBL website under fundraising.
For a complete schedule listing, click here!
For a complete calendar listing, click here!