Join Our EMail List
BE PROACTIVE WITH YOUR ROSTER!
June 14th @ MidNight your *Roster is locked. You cannot add new players!
You are allowed a Max of 20 on your Roster. Have 20 on your Roster before June 14.
Put names of Players.....
- You can call in a pinch if your'e short players on Sunday
There is no downside to having 20 on your Roster. Front line players are those who paid. Back line players (players in case you don't have enough paid players for Sunday) are on call. Hope for the best & prepare for the worst.
* Rosters are locked in 18/25/35/45 June 14th. 52+ Rosters remain open throughout Season.
Some idea’s when needing to make games up (team = team you need to make game up with)
- Easiest and most obvious…. Schedule a doubleheader next time you face the Team. Consider starting 1st game @ 8:00am or 8:30 if you have field restrictions.
- Play a split doubleheader. Recognize when team is near your home field for an early game. Play team @ 1:00 at your field after your 9am game. Make 1:00 game a (7) inning game
- Play make-up game on Saturday or during the week. Inquire with your field coordinator and ask if there are any open slots. If you can get game started by 6:30 pm you will 2 hours of sun light beginning June 7 ending July 16th.
- Play your 9:00am Game on Sunday then play your second game Sunday @ 4:00
Suggestion: Get in communication with the other team manager ASAP. Get creative and book a date. Try not to let these make-ups linger to the last weeks of the season.
The Hot Stovers Annual Golf Outing
The Robert Bobo Memorial Golf Outing
Monday August 15th 2016
Medford Lakes Country Club
Noon Start (Shotgun) $100 per golfer
Includes Dinner, Door prizes, 1st, 2nd 3rd Place & Longest Drive.
Call Tom Haas @ 609-330-5503 ASAP!
Umpires have been instructed to ask Managers @ ground rules before game
What if the game goes into extra innings & the 3 hour (nine innings) or the 2.5 hour (seven innings) Hour time limit expires
1. Is there a game coming on after our game, pushing us off field? If so, Game ends in a Tie.
2. Is there a Time limit to “get off” Field? If so, Game ends in a Tie.
3. Can both umpires afford the Time to stay? Do they have another game to get to? For a regular season game it is a *courtesy for umpires to stay for an extra inning game. If the Umpires cannot afford the time, the game ends in a Tie. If one umpire needs to leave, the remaining ump will not be asked to Ump a game solo in extra innings.
Playoff games: Umpires need to stay until game is decided & there is NO Time Limit
Managers, Players- A “Heads-up” when dealing with umpires…. Don’t expect courtesy from umpires if you don’t give courtesy to umpires.
FYI: In 2016 there is a ZERO TOLERANCE for abuse given to our umpires.
The SJMSBL will not be pushing the playoffs out to make room for an extra week of regular season. Consider playing make ups on Saturday, in the evening, Sunday May 8 (Mothers Day), Saturday May 7 (Mothers Day weekend), playing a doubleheader next time you play team.
League standings shall be determined by a point system, as follows:
· 3 Points for a Win
· 2 Points for a Tie
· 1 Point for a Loss
· 0 Points for a loss by forfeit
· 0 Points for a game not played
Please note: The spirit of the point system is to encourage Teams to play all games. If it is determined that a Team is intentionally not playing games to manipulate standings, team gaming system will receive severe penalties
Process to Postponing a Game.
Home team Manager has the right to postpone game if field is unplayable due to weather
- In the Event of Postponing Game Manager needs to
1. Call opposing Manager ASAP
3. Game needs to be postponed at least an hour and a half before scheduled start time
-IMPORTANT NOTE: purpose of copying (CC) Neil or Lou is to "cover your ass" in case Ump Coordinator says email was not received.
- IMPORTANT NOTE
PREFERRED COMMUNICATION WITH COORDINATOR
#1. Form of communication to Ump Coordinator is EMAIL
#2. Form of communication to Ump Coordinator is TEXT
#3. Form of Communication to Ump Coordinator is "Leaving a Voicemail"
-Don't expect a call back from coordinator
Umpire coordinator contact info. is on this page... On the left hand side. On Top. Its the 1st one.- PLEASE SAVE HIS INFO. IN YOUR PHONE
3. Make up postponed game ASAP
52+ Jim Malick All-Star Game scheduled for Thursday Sept. 1 @ Laurel Acres
· Game starts @ 7pm
· 6:00pm * Home Plate Throwing contest
6:20pm ** Home Run Derby
Details Found on "52+ Jim Malick Standings and Division pages"
Blue Team Manager: John Wyatt (BUCS)
1. W. Pirates
2. C. Reds
3. H. BlackSox
4. P. Panthers
5. M. Yanks
6. M. Braves
1. GC Phils
2. GT O’s
4. NE Phils
5. SJ Phils (cc)
6. SJ Phils (L)
2016 All Star Game Update
25+ SJMSBL All Star's Vs. Greater Philadelphia MSBL All-Stars Saturday, July 2 Location/Time TBD
BOOKED- DONE DEAL. 45+ SJMSBL All Stars Vs. 45+ BuxMont MSBL All Stars @ Villanova University. Saturday, September 24th @ 1:00. FYI: Villanova is putting a new Turf Infield
2016 MVP & Cy Young Awards
2 MVP & 2 Cy YOUNG Nominations from each Team will be DUE July 1
* Nominations will be published on Front page of www.SouthJerseyMSBL.com July 5, 2016
* Managers will than vote on Nominations. Final vote is DUE July 18, 2016
MVP & CY Young winners will appear on Front page of Website July 21, 2016
The Hot Stovers of South Jersey is a non-profit organization that promotes and honors South Jersey Baseball of all levels
2016 Forms updated @ "HANDOUTS"
MVP/CY Young Nomination Forms
2016 Mock Ballot w/Voting Rules and Deadlines
2016 Player Waiver
2016 Team Roster
2015 MSBL Arizona World Series, Roger Clemens & Oil Can Boyd with Sydney Esiason
Harpers Assault, 2015 35/45/52 Fall Champions
For a complete schedule listing, click here!