2020 Season update #2- Season Postponed
We wanted to remind everyone that our top priority is the health and safety of our members and their families. In light of the recent events relating to the ongoing COVID-19 health pandemic, we have been closely following Health Canada news in regards to public gatherings. The executive has had opportunity for further discussions and we offer the following news for our members:
1. The Royal Canadian Legion is closed for the month of April and has cancelled our scheduled Meet the Team Night on April 28th. We do not expect to be able to reschedule at this time.
2. The City of Brampton has cancelled permits for the month of April. Although this does not directly affect our planned schedule, we anticipate this will be extended into May and possibly June so as of this point, we DO NOT expect to start the season as planned on May 6th. We hope to start around June 3rd if possible but this may change.
3. As a result of the above, we are hoping to be able to have a game schedule of at least 10 games which would mean a start date no later than July 8th. If this is not possible then the regular season schedule will be cancelled and we will again review our options.
4. Players who do not wish to wait for the postponed season will be entitled to a full refund until April 10th. After this date any refunds will incur the regular administrative fees. Any players who choose to request a refund will be replaced from our waiting list so that we can keep a full roster of players ready for the team draft and 2020 season.
5. Players who do wish to keep their 2020 membership payment with the league to reserve their spot and play out the season will be given a pro-rated refund based on the actual game schedule. Refunds will be given AT THE END OF THE SEASON after we are able to accurately take into account all league expenses for the 2020 season.
6. As a result of the uncertainty of the season schedule, roster, and lead time required to order our regular team jerseys, we will not be ordering them this season and will substitute something with a much shorter lead time. We want to avoid committing league funds to any expenses before we have a clear picture of the 2020 season.
The BMSL Executive continues to monitor the situation and is in contact with all of our partners including the City of Brampton, Slo-Pitch Ontario, umpires, suppliers and others involved in our operations. We will keep you informed of any updates through our regular online presence and direct email.
The BMSL Executive takes the current situation very seriously. We will do everything possible to protect the health and safety of our members.
Thanks for your patience and understanding during these difficult times.
BMSL 2020 Season update re:Covid-19
Please read the following letter to our members for an update on the current situation.
Sunday Quarter Finals