- Registration for the 2020 season is now open for 2019 members
- New player registration opens March 1
- Registration promo bundle $170 with banquet ticket
- Looking for sponsors for 2020
- New female player referral program is back for 2020
Welcome to the home of the
Brampton Madoc Softball League
The City of Brampton has cancelled permits for the month of July. We have made the decision to cancel the season.
Please send an email to email@example.com with your preference of refund or carry over of fees for the 2021 season by this Friday, July 10th.
2020 Season update #2- Season Postponed
We wanted to remind everyone that our top priority is the health and safety of our members and their families. In light of the recent events relating to the ongoing COVID-19 health pandemic, we have been closely following Health Canada news in regards to public gatherings. The executive has had opportunity for further discussions and we offer the following news for our members:
1. The Royal Canadian Legion is closed for the month of April and has cancelled our scheduled Meet the Team Night on April 28th. We do not expect to be able to reschedule at this time.
2. The City of Brampton has cancelled permits for the month of April. Although this does not directly affect our planned schedule, we anticipate this will be extended into May and possibly June so as of this point, we DO NOT expect to start the season as planned on May 6th. We hope to start around June 3rd if possible but this may change.
3. As a result of the above, we are hoping to be able to have a game schedule of at least 10 games which would mean a start date no later than July 8th. If this is not possible then the regular season schedule will be cancelled and we will again review our options.
4. Players who do not wish to wait for the postponed season will be entitled to a full refund until April 10th. After this date any refunds will incur the regular administrative fees. Any players who choose to request a refund will be replaced from our waiting list so that we can keep a full roster of players ready for the team draft and 2020 season.
5. Players who do wish to keep their 2020 membership payment with the league to reserve their spot and play out the season will be given a pro-rated refund based on the actual game schedule. Refunds will be given AT THE END OF THE SEASON after we are able to accurately take into account all league expenses for the 2020 season.
6. As a result of the uncertainty of the season schedule, roster, and lead time required to order our regular team jerseys, we will not be ordering them this season and will substitute something with a much shorter lead time. We want to avoid committing league funds to any expenses before we have a clear picture of the 2020 season.
The BMSL Executive continues to monitor the situation and is in contact with all of our partners including the City of Brampton, Slo-Pitch Ontario, umpires, suppliers and others involved in our operations. We will keep you informed of any updates through our regular online presence and direct email.
The BMSL Executive takes the current situation very seriously. We will do everything possible to protect the health and safety of our members.
Thanks for your patience and understanding during these difficult times.
BMSL 2020 Season update re:Covid-19
Please read the following letter to our members for an update on the current situation.
2020 Registration Special Promotional offer
For those who have been looking for a lower price for the year-end banquet, look no further than our Registration and Banquet ticket bundle for $170 available until registration closes.
Please note separate pricing is $140 for registration and $50 per banquet ticket, bundle pricing is $20 off.
Banquet date: November 21.
Reminder regarding BMSL mission statement and expectations
BMSL is a fun league with a tight-knit group of long-time members. We welcome new players who, like us, are looking for an enjoyable experience with no pressure. Regardless of your skill level, BMSL is open to new members of all ages 19+. We consider ourselves somewhat competitive for an adult co-ed recreational softball league. As a result, some basic softball skill and knowledge of the game will go a long way to your enjoyment of our league as well as ours.
Please feel free to review our rules, FAQ, about us, news articles, event schedule and other material if you're interested in joining us. If you can't find the information you're looking for, contact us. We will be happy to assist you.
2020 League Refund Policy
Refunds for player registration will be as follows:
Until March 20th full amount minus $10 admin fee
After March 20th full amount minus $50 shirt and admin fee
After May 6th full amount minus $50 shirt and admin fee plus $10 per week
After July 1st no refunds available
Refunds for banquet tickets:
Until Nov. 1 full amount paid
Nov 1 to Nov 14 full amount paid minus $10 admin fee
After Nov 14 no refunds will be available
We are providing advance notice of 11 months from the date of the banquet for your convenience.
New female player referral program is back for 2020!
Last season we ran a program where players were rewarded with a $10 payment for every new female player they refer to the league. We are continuing this program for 2020 and there is no limit to how many new female players you can refer to us. The $10 fee will only be paid on those players who are fully registered and paid and play at least one game. Refund policy applies to players who wish to leave the league.
Referral fee payments will be paid during the month of May and will require confirmation from the new player.
Sponsorship opportunites for 2020
If you have an opportunity to bring a sponsor to the league, please contact Ryan Scheffler at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for sponsors for all of our events for the season
Changes to sponsored team cores for 2020
Change from 2019 for 2020:
Sponsored team cores were limited to 5 players of any gender until 2019.
For 2020 you may choose up to 6 players for the team core with a maximum for 4 males. Exceptions will be given for returning cores for 2019 with the same 5 male players only.
2020 Registration Information
Advanced registration for returning members from 2019 will open on Sunday, Feb. 2. You can sign in with your existing account and register for the 2020 season.
New player registration will open around March 1. Details to follow late in Feb.
Registration fee details for the 2020 season:
1. Basic registration fee for the 2020 season including playoffs: $140 per player (no change from 2019)
2. Promotional registration fee bundle includes 1. plus a banquet ticket for $170 total ($20 savings) and additional banquet tickets for guests for $40 each
3. After registration closes, banquet ticket prices are $50 per person (no change from 2019) and are refundable until Nov. 1 minus a $10 admin fee
4. After Nov 14 no refunds will be available for banquet tickets as the final numbers will be submitted to the caterers
Registration for all players will close on March 20th so that we can draft teams and order jerseys in time for the first game of the season in May.
After you complete registration, please confirm all of your details are correct including email, phone, jersey size and number choices. After the jerseys order is placed with our vendor no changes can be accepted and replacement jerseys will be $50 each. Any players requesting a cancellation/refund after March 20th will be refunded the original fee paid minus $50 for the jersey and admin fee.
Please complete your payment immediately after registration as your registration will not be held without payment. We operate on a first come, first served basis on payment completion. Payments are processed separately from registration and will require an Interac etransfer through your online banking account. Payment instructions are as follows:
Send an Interac Etransfer for the full amount to email@example.com
We will be accepting etransfers via autodeposit so no password is required UNLESS we decide to change payments back to manual if it becomes hard to track them. For this reason please make sure the transfer clearly indicates who the payment is for and/or from so that there is no guesswork and your payment is not applied to your registration.
If you cannot pay via etransfer you can contact us for other options but etransfer is strongly advised to expedite your registration.
As always, players who are not a member of a sponsored team core may register to play with one other player for a total of 2 players in the group. We are not able to accommodate larger groups who wish to play together without a sponsorship. This is necessary to keep the team draft process working well.
Sunday Quarter Finals
Registration for the 2019 opens for RETURNING MEMBER on Jan 18 at 5pm.
BMSL is an adult co-ed recreational softball league based in Brampton, Ontario Canada. We were established in 1978 as a very social and fun league with players ranging in age from 19 to 50+.
|2020 BSL Season Cancelled|
|2020 Season update #2- Season Postponed|
|BMSL 2020 Season update re:Covid-19|
|Sunday Quarter Finals|
|Sesqui Diamond 1|
|Sesqui Diamond 3|
|Sesqui Diamond 4|
|Sesqui Diamond 8|
|The Lions Club|
|The Royal Canadian Legion|