Zero Tolerance Policy
Introduction: The closing sentence of NEBS’s Mission Statement states that the purpose of the League is to allow kids “to just have fun.” Unfortunately adult agendas and attitudes frequently poison that simple goal. Violence leading to injury and even death have been sensationally reported in the media.
NEBS is not immune to this scourge and the Board of Directors has elected to enact a zero tolerance policy with respect to the conduct of players, managers, coaches, parents and fans.
1. If any player engages in a fight, that player will automatically be suspended for 2 games. If the player engages in a 2nd fight, he or she will automatically be suspended for the remainder of the season. There are no appeals and no extenuating circumstances.
2. If a manager or coach engages in a fight, he or she will automatically be suspended from managing or coaching for the remainder of the season. Managers and Coaches are expected to set a proper example and act as adults. There will be no second chance, no appeals and no extenuating circumstances.
Abuse, Taunting and Lack of Sportsmanship.
Sportsmanship is the goal. Abusive behavior by players, coaches, managers, parents and fans will not be tolerated. Abusive behavior includes, but is not limited to, foul language, arguing unreasonably with umpires, arguing with, taunting or cursing at players, mangers, coaches, or fans. It also includes throwing helmets and equipment.
The Umpires have directed to confront and warn any person who engages in such behavior. If the behavior persists, the offending person will be ejected. There will be no appeals of the umpire’s action.
Any ejection of a player, manager or coach by the umpire for abusive or unsportsmanlike conduct will result in an automatic one game suspension. A 2nd ejection will result in a suspension for the remainder of the season.
Fans and Parents
The manager is responsible to maintain control over parents and fans affiliated with his or her team. If the manager cannot or will not control abusive behavior by team’s parents or fans, a forfeit will be declared and the game terminated.
It is in this spirit that the Board of Directors dedicates this complex; for the Enjoyment of our league children. We ask that everyone help us in our mission by observing the NYSCA Coaches’, Parents’ and Players’ pledges and our Zero Tolerance Policy.
NEBS Complex Rules
- No dogs/pets are allowed on the complex at any time
- No bikes/rollerblades/skateboards are allowed on the complex at any time
- No smoking is allowed on any fields/field paths, in dugouts, near club house /snack bar or neighboring areas
- No alcoholic beverages of any kind are allowed on the complex including parking lot and surrounding areas
- When parking please follow the traffic flow and only park in designated spots