- General Meetings ... 1st/3rd Thursday each month @ 7:30 p.m.
- Question for the league, please email Northedison@llmail.net
The North Edison Baseball and Softball store is now open. If you looking for NEBS gear please visit
FAQs and such
- Volunteer Managers and coaches: Those of you that do volunteer as a manager will receive $90 and assistant coaches will receive $45 credit back to you at the end of the season. This may be in the form of a check and/or credit card "credit" back. Please volunteer during the registration process.
- There is no "Work Bond" that is due this spring 2019. The bond is being rolled into the cost per player/s.
- Working the snack stand: There will be opportunities to work in the snack stand throughout the year. This will consist of 3 open positions that members of North Edison Baseball & Softball can inquire about. If you are selected to work you will be paid at $10/hr for a minimum of 4 hours each shift/s. The hours will be tallied at the end of the month, and a check will be mailed out or handed out to those individuals. For the purposes of Federal Tax laws all members who get paid $600 or more during the course of 2019 will be receiving a 1099-MISC form, and must be filed per your 2019 Tax Returns.
Spring 2019 Registration is Open
North Edison Baseball and Softball registration is open for the 2019 season. We have moved to a new platform that will allow for all aspects of North Edison Baseball and Softball to be under one software/website umbrella. This will make it easier to use, manage, and distribute information.
A few changes have been made to the work bond and registration fee.
- Registration : Early Bird Special- Sign up by December 31, 2018 and pay $215 per player for the first family member and $125 for each additional family member.
- After January 1, 2019, league registration will increase to $235 per player for the first family member and $145 for each additional family member.
- We will no longer collect a Workbond (the workbond will be rolled into the registration fee)
- Managers, Coaches, Sponsors and Board Members will still receive credit
- Family members can work in the snack stand, and will be paid $10 per hour worked
Please click on the link below that will take you to the registration page. If you do not have a SportsEngine account you will need to create one.
If you have any questions/issues please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
North Edison Baseball and Softball
Baseball Travel Managers for 2019
Congratulations to the following individuals who have been selected by the Executive Board to be managers for the 2019 Season. The softball managers will be announced the week of October 8th.
7u - Mike Comba
8u - Vacant
9u - Rich Petagna
10u - Jesse Soto
11u - Jose Martinez
12u - Frank Papaianni
13u - Tony Bonito
14u - Paul Buglioli
Bat Decertification - Easton Ghost X 30/20
USA Baseball, the national governing body for the sport of baseball in the U.S., in conjunction with participating national member organizations announced today the decision to adopt a new method for measuring bat performance in the testing of youth bats. Informed by the research of leading scientists on the USA Baseball Bat Study Committee, and supported by its NMOs, -- including the American Amateur Baseball Congress (AABC), Babe Ruth Baseball/Cal Ripken Baseball, Dixie Youth Baseball, Little League Baseball and PONY Baseball -- USA Baseball has concluded that recent advancements in science, engineering, technology, and the materials available to fabricate non-wood bats, now allow the manufacturers to construct youth bats that can perform at a wood-like level through the entire range of lengths and weights of youth bats.
The new (USABat), which will apply to bats that are classified below the NCAA and NFHS level of play, will be implemented on January 1, 2018, allowing the bat manufacturers sufficient time to bring these bats to the marketplace.
"USA Baseball is pleased, with the support of our participating national member organizations, to announce the USABat standard," said USA Baseball's executive director/CEO, Paul Seiler. "Beginning with the launch in 2018, we will take another step forward in making our game more uniform at the youth level and ensuring the long-term integrity of the game."
Similar to the NCAA and NFHS BBCOR standard, which helped to eliminate discrepancies with different length bats and thus provide a more direct measure of bat performance, the new USA Baseball bat standard will allow youth baseball organizations in the United States to reach their goal of establishing a wood-like standard, a standard that will provide for the long-term integrity of the game.
You can view further information at www.usabaseball.com.
On Line Coaching Certification Is Now Available
NEBS is happy to announce that we have entered into a partnerships with the National Alliance for Youth Sports to offer on line coaching certification. These on line clinics can be taken at your convenience. Our league is listed as a chapter, so when signing up for the on line clinic, please make sure that you select North Edison Baseball and Softball so that we receive notification that you have completed the clinic. The link is below to use.
If you are already Rutger's Certified, you do not need to take this on line clinic.
Concussion Training for Managers/Coaches
All managers and coaches are required to have concussion training so the league can remain in compliance with our insurance carrier requirements.
The below link will take you to the Heads Up training website where the on line training class can be found. Anyone who is going to be on the field during a game or practice needs to complete this training and submit a copy of the certificate to the divisional coordinator by May 1st.
NEBS Complex Rules
- No dogs/pets are allowed on the complex at any time
- No bikes/rollerblades/skateboards are allowed on the complex at any time
- No smoking is allowed on any fields/field paths, in dugouts, near club house /snack bar or neighboring areas
- No alcoholic beverages of any kind are allowed on the complex including parking lot and surrounding areas
- When parking please follow the traffic flow and only park in designated spots
Board Meeting Attendance Requirements
Please be advised that all managers of North Edison Baseball & Softball are required to attend a minimum of four (4) general board meetings. All coordinators will be required to attend a minimum of seven (7) general board meetings per year.