2019 Minor Division Rules
Unless modified by the following, high school rules shall apply
- Home team will be responsible for supplying a carded umpire.
- NO new inning may start after 1 hour 45 minutes of playing time for regular season games. Playoffs have no time limit and are just limited by available light.
- Games will be six (6) innings in length.
- All games will be played using a eleven (11) inch ball.
- Distance between bases will be 60 feet.
- Ten defensive players are permitted on the field at once. The tenth player is an outfielder and must be positioned as such not less than 10’ behind second base at the start of each pitch.
- Eight (8) player minimum to play a game. There will be no penalty for the 9th or 10th positions in the batting order being vacant. If your team falls below 8 players due to injury or any other reason, then the game is over due to forfeit.
- If a team is below ten players, and If both coaches agree, an opponent may "donate" up to two players to field for the other team. This is in effect even if the opponent is below the minimum eight (8) players needed to start a game. (Please note that both teams may end up donating fielders in a game and this is OK.) The player(s) should be the last scheduled to bat each inning. If the fielding player(s) were to become on-deck during the inning, then the last recorded out should sub for them. This is in the interest of getting games played.
- Forfeits will be enforced for teams unable to field a team at game time. Games will be forfeited after 20 minutes if a team does not have a coach or minimum amount (8) of players. The score of a forfeit will be recorded as 7-0.
- If a team is lacking the proper number of players, it is allowed to "borrow" a player who is not on the roster. If the player being borrowed is the proper age, the borrowed player must play outfield and bat last. If the player is being borrowed up from a younger age group, there are no restrictions. NOTE: During the playoffs, only players on a team's official roster may be used; no borrowing players from other teams or divisions for playoff games.
- No Player can play the same position for more than three (3) of the regular six (6) innings.
- Games suspended due to rain or darkness will be resumed from the point where play was halted except if 4 complete innings have been played and a team is winning. (Note: if home team is winning after 3 ½ innings, then game would be complete) (Also note: if a game is called because of darkness or weather in the fifth inning or later, the score will revert to what it was at the end of the last complete inning) 2019 NEW Games suspended due to rain or darkness (of any length) can be continued or considered final by mutual consent of both teams during the regular season.
- The “mercy” rule is NOT in effect.
- All bats and helmets will be evaluated by the umpire and must be ASA certified.
- Pitchers are encouraged to wear a fielding mask.
- The pitcher's plate will be 35 feet from home plate measured from the back point of home plate to the front edge of the pitcher's plate.
- Only 6 warmup pitches per inning allowed after the first inning.
- Once a team walks two (2) batters in an inning, the subsequent batters in that inning will not be able to walk and the batting team's coach will pitch (from within the circle area around the pitching stripe) to any batter once the count reaches four (4) balls. Note, if the batter has two (2) strikes at the time the coach begins to pitch, the strike count will be reduced to one (1) strike. Note 2, while the coach is pitching, the player must stand just to the right or left and behind the coach. Coaches are not to obstruct the player. Note 3, there is a maximum of two (2) walks per inning, even if the pitcher changes.
- A pitcher may only pitch three (3) innings per game. Any pitcher may re-enter the game if they have not pitched their three (3) innings. One (1) pitch constitutes an inning pitched. A change of pitchers in the middle of an inning will have the inning count for both pitchers.
- A pitcher who re-enters as pitcher during the same inning shall be charged with one additional inning for each reentry.
- Extra innings count as a new game.
- Managers or Coaches will be permitted (2) trips to the mound in any one inning. The pitcher must be replaced on the second trip. Trips made to the mound due to injury are excluded.
- A pitcher will be removed after hitting 2 batters in one inning. If she has not pitched her three (3) innings she can reenter as a pitcher one (1) additional time.(see rule #5 above) If she hits a third batter she must be removed as pitcher for the remainder of the game. She may remain in the game in another position.
- Cinderella batting is in effect. All girls in attendance at the game and in uniform will bat whether or not they play the field in that particular inning unless they are injured and unable to play.
- Bunting is not permitted.
- Three (3) outs or a maximum of five (5) runs in an inning. This rule does NOT apply in the final inning, which allows unlimited batters. The final inning is either the sixth inning, or an earlier inning if mutually agreed by the umpire and head coaches.
- There will be NO infield fly rule.
- There will be NO dropped 3rd strike rule. A dropped third strike is a strikeout.
- If a player arrives late to a game, she will be inserted into the last spot in the batting order. If a player needs to leave a game early, her turn will be skipped in the batting order with no penalty.
- No stealing will be permitted.
- Runners may leave the base on the pitcher's release.
- If the catcher attempts to throw out the runner after a pitch, the runner is forced back to the base. She does not have to be tagged out. If the player does not field the ball cleanly or there is an overthrow, no runner shall advance.
- A ball that is not hit by the batter is not in play when the catcher throws it back to the pitcher, even if overthrown.
- When the pitcher or any other player has control of the ball within the pitching circle, the ball is dead and the play is over. Base runners will be sent back to previous base if less than halfway to next base. The ball cannot be put back into play.
- The speed up rule is in effect. With two (2) outs, a courtesy runner is required if the catcher is on base. The runner used must be the last recorded out. The catcher is the prospective catcher for the next inning, not the catcher of record.
- Standings will be kept on the website for informational purposes. However, playoff match-ups will be determined entirely randomly, regardless of regular season won/lost record and will be announced when the schedule comes out.