The Fridley Youth Basketball Association is the only recognized youth basketball club serving the Fridley school district, and our experienced board and coaches ensure a quality program. Programs are intended for boys and girls in 4-8th grades who attend or live in District #14 school district.
- Tryouts are held in late September and will be conducted for all grades. Players will be assessed and placed onto a team according to skill and ability.
- Practices are held twice weekly at Fridley school district facilities from 6-10 p.m.
- Playing Time. Coaches will delegate playing time in a manner that will provide opportunity for both individual player development and overall team success. It should be noted that consideration of playing time for any one particular game may vary depending on game situations and the necessity of maintaining competitive balance. A coach may also consider an individual’s work ethic, attitude, commitment, attendance and disciplinary measures as additional factors determining playing time. Coaches are advised to meet with both the player and parent to define and discuss any “nongame related” situations that would warrant significant reduction in playing time prior to enacting any such measure. A parent may contact the Traveling Director regarding any playing time issues or concerns they are unable to resolve directly with the team’s head coach. As a general rule of thumb, play time in 4 & 5th grade is 50%, 6th grade 45%, 7th grade 40% and 8th grade 35%.
- Registration fee is $330 - $80 of this fee covers volunteers at our tournaments. This fee pays for for gym rental, tournament or league fees, uniforms - which must be returned and equipment.
- Parents have the option to volunteer eight hours at Fridley’s tournaments. Funds raised at these tournaments go towards club expenses and help maintain reasonable registration fees.
- Additional costs include, but are not limited to, gate fees to get into tournaments (parents/family members) and costs of traveling to and from tournament venues. Parents are responsible for getting their player to practices and games.