WILDCATS 2017 CHEER
- Flag cheer is for grades K-2, ages 5-7 determined as of .
- Mitey-Mite cheer is for grades 2-4, ages 7-9 determined as of .
- Competition Cheer is for grades 4-8, ages 8-13 determined as of .
Registration will open this Spring, please check back often.
Teen Coaches, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
--!!-- IMPORTANT NOTICE --!!--
WWP Wildcats will be collecting a $175 bond to cover equipment and volunteer requirements this year.
This bond will be in the form of a post dated check, and will be REQUIRED upon receiving your equipment this year.
The post dated check will be kept for each child participating in the program, and upon completion of volunteer requirement, and return of the uniform and equipment,
the check will be returned or destroyed at your preference.
You have an option to opt out of the volunteer requirement by paying an additional $175 at the time of registration.
Opting out of volunteer requirement in no way releases you from returning your uniform or equipment.
West Windsor - Plainsboro Wildcats Cheerleading
The mission of Pop Warner Little Scholars is to enable young people to benefit from participation in team sports and activities in a safe and structured environment. Through this active participation, Pop Warner programs teach fundamental values, skills and knowledge that young people will use throughout their lives.
Instructional Levels: Flag and Mitey Mite Cheer
For grades K through 4. All cheer teams learn sideline cheers, jumps, basic tumbling, partner stunts and pyramids. No experience required. All squads perform a half-time routine during their respective football game. The teams will perform an exhibition at the Central Jersey Cheer Competition at the Sun National Banking Center in October.
Competitive Levels: Junior Pee Wee; Pee Wee; Junior Varsity and Varsity Cheer
For grades 4 through 8. All cheer teams learn sideline cheers, jumps, basic tumbling, partner stunts and pyramids. No experience required. All squads perform a half-time routine during their respective football game. All teams attend the Central Jersey Cheer Competition at the Sun National Banking Center in October.
Placement of participants on a team will be done after registrations are completed, and will be guided by National Pop Warner and CJPW governing bodies. In the case of multiple teams, or any other issue impacting the formation of teams in each division, it is the WWP Board of Directors and/or the executive board’s right, in consultation with respective Football & Cheerleading commissioners, to decide the method of placement on a roster.
Practice Information and Commitment
The 2017 cheer season begins in August. The regular season runs through the end of October. During the month of August, practices are held 4 evenings a week (Monday through Thursday) for competitive teams and 3 evenings a week (Tuesday through Thursday) for instructional teams.
If a cheer team qualifies for Regional competition, practices will continue through the month of November. If a cheer team qualifies for National competition, practices will continue through the first week of December.
*Our regular cheer season for Flag and Mighty Might will be through the end of October.
*For Competition teams if we move on to the Regional competition we practice through November. If we move on to Nationals, we practice into December.
*Competition teams will have additional practices on Saturdays at a cheer facility during September, October and November.
**We do not recognize any other sport as taking priority over cheerleading from the first day of practice through December 15th. All cheer related obligations will be viewed as a priority over other athletic and/or social activities.
Excellent attendance is an essential part of being a member of a competition cheer team. The success of the team depends on many elements. One of the most important is the team practicing together without any cheerleaders absent. For the team to be successful, we must have dedicated and committed cheerleaders and supportive parents. Commitment means attending every practice, every game and every competition or Pop Warner activity.
Our season includes a scrimmage and 7 regular football games. Games are usually played on Sundays, but can be Saturday evening. Playoff games follow the regular season and our cheerleaders ALWAYS support the football team.
Game Start Times have yet to be determined.
*Game times are approximate - games follow each other and may begin early or late depending on the prior game.
- Central Jersey Competition (all cheerleaders attend) - October 14th (tentative)
- NJ State Competition (all competition cheer teams attend) - November tbd
- Regional Competition (Jr. Varisty and Varsity teams who moved on from Central Jersey) - in Trenton.
- Regional Competition (Jr. Pee Wee and Pee Wee teams who moved on from Central Jersey) November TBD in Trenton
- National Competition (Disney) -9
Uniforms and Equipment
The Wildcats will supply each cheerleader with a uniform vest, skirt, crop top and poms. These items are to be returned at the end of the season. Each cheerleader is responsible for purchasing the following items to accompany the uniform:
- Official Team Cheer Sneakers
- Hair Bow
- Bloomers or Nike Pro Shorts
- Bloomers (in black) can be purchased by you at Arena Dance and Bodywear, 1971 Route 33, Hamilton Square, NJ 08690, 609-584-1515. Nike Pros can be purchased at any retailer.
- Black leggings
- Jewelry cannot be worn during practices or games. PLEASE do not pierce your daughters ears before the season. They will need to be removed. Please plan accordingly.
Information regarding the purchase of these items will also be sent via e-mail.
Paperwork will be collected at the informational parent meeting on school andtime is TBD. A second paperwork date will be announced via email.
- All players are required to present a signed Pop Warner official medical form. All forms must be dated 2017 and have the physician’s original signature and medical address stamp.
· Standard Pop Warner medical form can be downloaded from our website.
· Parents should note to the Cheer Commissioner if their child has any notable medical condition: asthma, diabetes, allergies, etc. and/or if their child must have medications on hand.
- ALL cheerleaders must submit an Original Birth Certificate with a raised seal and a photocopy of the birth certificate.
- Signed Pop Warner Player Contract
- 3 copies of year-end (June) report card – must include front page with child’s name and grade.
- Cheerleader Time and Commitment Agreement