Welcome to the 2017 Wildcats season!
Wildcats is a volunteer-run organization. We need all families to do their part in order to make our season a success. For the 2017 season, the requirements are 2 shifts of general volunteer duty and 1 shift of concession duty PER ATHLETE in the program. Coaches and board members are exempt as they already volunteer an exorbitant amount of their time. There are a number of season long duties that satisfy the 2 general duties portion of the volunteer requirement. If you sign up for one of these you will still be required to complete concession requirement.
If you have any questions, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you! We look forward to a fun and successful season with your participation.
PLEASE CLICK ON OUR SIGNUP GENIUS TO REGISTER FOR VOLUNTEER POSITIONS!
BOARD & COMMITTEE MEMBERS NEEDED
- Coach, or assist your child's coach
- Party planning for the end-of-season banquet
- Organize paperwork/required forms for your team
- Recruit your children's friends - help with advertising (local newspapers & schools)
- Raise funds (dinners out, 50/50 raffles, etc.) - help keep registration costs low and fund scholarships
- Celebrate our athletes' academic achievements
- Represent our athletes at Central Jersey Pop Warner meetings
- Represent our athletes at Wildcats board meetings
- Organize volunteers & schedules
- Manage accounts payable/receivable
TEEN COACHES, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
General Volunteer Information:
Game Day Operations/Concession Stand Volunteer Descriptions:
- Field Marking (Day before home games)
- CONCESSIONS: Handle and sell the concession stand food during your time slot; Maintain a clean concession stand during your time slot; Clean up all the concession areas and serving ware at the close of the game
- Grill person: Four hour shift on home game day that will either open & operate the grill, or close & operate the grill
- Concession Managers: As long as everything is running smoothly, the concession manager should be able to attend his/her child's game(s). Responsible for assigning tasks to the parent volunteers, supervise the grill, ensuring all volunteers are present for their shifts, and filling in when people are late and then at shift changes
Please be flexible! Games don’t always start and end on time. If we are short handed in an area of volunteers, you may be asked to help out even though it is not the volunteer assignment area in which you were assigned.
All volunteers MUST sign in at the concessions stand in order to get credit for their assignment.
If you cannot work during the time slot that you are scheduled to volunteer, it is your responsibility to find a replacement or swap. Please be sure to notify me of the change as your name will be on the sign in sheet for the day in which you are assigned to work. If your replacement does not show for the assignment time, the “no show” will count against the family originally assigned to volunteer.
Older siblings (at least 14 years of age) can fulfill your volunteer assignment.
PLEASE SHOW UP ON TIME- SOMEONE IS WAITING FOR YOU TO RELIEVE THEM.
Assistant coaches, team parents, team photographers, and designated play counters are exempt from this assignment for the first child only. If you have more than one child in the program, you will get an additional assignment.
If you see a mistake on the schedule, have problems, questions, or concerns regarding the schedule, please feel free to contact your team mom.
WWP Wildcats Director of Volunteers
Volunteer Positions Descriptions
HEAD COACH (FOOTBALL) –
ASSISTANT COACH (FOOTBALL) –
HEAD COACH (CHEER) –
ASSISTANT COACH (CHEER) –
VIDEO TAPE GAMES - Need to video tape all games so they can be reviewed by the head coach and the team.
BRING WATER and ICE(FOOTBALL ONLY) - Water bottles, coolers, and towels (will be supplied ) need to be washed , filled and brought to each game .
PUBLICITY (FOOTBALL ONLY) - Need to write a short article about each game and submit it to the local paper.
TEAM PHOTOGRAPHER - Need to take pictures at games and practices. These pictures will be used for the yearbook and our web site. They will also be uploaded to a web site that will allow parents to have prints published and directly shipped to their home.
TEAM PARENT - Need to assist the Head Coach with making a phone chain, paperwork and anything else to support the team.