PARENT’S/SPECTATOR’S CODE OF ETHICS SCYBL
(Stark County Youth Basketball League)
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or other youth sports event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will not interfere with the coaches, officials, or league director in treating my child in the event of an injury. I understand that if further treatment is required or if it is serious, I will be notified immediately.
- I will refrain from yelling or making negative comments to the players, coaches, officials, scorekeeper, or clock operator.
- I understand that profanity, yelling, obscene gestures, violence, or threats of violence will not be tolerated and may lead to me being removed from the building and not permitted at the next game or a call to the local authorities for more serious offenses.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all SCYBL events.
- I will remember that the game is for youth – not for adults.
- I will do the very best to make the youth sports experience fun for my child.
- I will not physically discipline my child at any SCYBL event.
- I will not leave my child unattended unless they are under the direct supervision of the coach and the coach is aware that your child is present.
- I will help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectful fan, assisting with coaching, or providing transportation.
- I will teach my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.