Maricopa Little League Division Information
Maricopa Little League has several divisions for all age groups in both baseball and softball. For "League Age", please see: Little League Age Calculator.
- T-Ball - For both boys and girls ranging in ages 4-5. It is played with a softer training baseball. Hitters hit off a Tee.
- Coach Pitch Baseball/Softball - For ages 6-8. Boys may play Baseball, Girls may play either baseball or softball. Coach Pitch Baseball may use a Coach to pitch the baseball or use a machine (at coach's discretion).
- Minors Baseball/Softball - for ages 9-10 (typically). Players pitch to hitters.
- Majors Baseball/Softball - for ages 10-12 (typically).
- Juniors Baseball.Siftvbakk
- Tee Ball, Machine Pitch and Coach Pitch divisions are defined by age.
- Tee ball is for 4 and 5 year olds.
- Coach Pitch Baseball and Coach Pitch Softball divisions are for 6, 7 and 8 year olds.
Children that are 9, 10, 11 and 12 years old will be evaluated during the Spring Season. Fall Seasons are random assignments and requests.
- Children that are 8 years old will have the opportunity to move up to Minors Baseball or Softball from the Coach Pitch Baseball or Coach Pitch Softball divisions (during Spring Season)
- Children that are 8 years old will not be evaluated, but instead they will be placed on teams by an anonymous draw.
- The Major’s Managers for Baseball and Softball will draft first.
- All 11 and 12 year olds will be drafted into the Major’s Divisions.
- Children who are 10 years old can be drafted into Majors if there are additional spots available on the teams.
- The Minor’s Managers will draft remaining children who have been evaluated.