- WORK PARTIES WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON FOR 2020
- ALL COACHES MUST VOLUNTEER FOR WORK PARTIES
- NO ALCOHOL/TOBACCO/FOUL LANGUAGE ON COMPLEX
- ALL COACHES MUST HAVE CLEARANCES FOR 2020
- SPONSORS NEEDED FOR 2020
IMPORTANT LEAGUE UPDATE - Coronavirus (COVID-19) - March 23, 2020
- All league baseball & softball activities remain suspended until at least April 6, 2020.
- Practices, team meetings, informal workouts, or team gatherings are not permitted until further notice.
- All tournament team tryouts are postponed until further notice.
- All 21st Ward facilities are closed to the public (Pearlman & Hagy's Complex) until further notice.
- Please follow the directives and orders set forth by the City of Philadelphia and the State of Pennsylvania.
- Our intent is to move forward with an in-house rec league season as per the directives and orders issued by the city and state and the guidance of Cal Ripken & Babe Ruth Baseball/Softball.
- Please continue to patronize our league sponsors. These small businesses need our support.
- Stay safe everyone! We look forward to seeing you soon.
IMPORTANT LEAGUE UPDATE - Coronavirus (COVID-19) - March 12, 2020
Please click here to read an IMPORTANT MESSAGE RE: CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
The 21st Ward Junior League is proud to announce DICK'S Sporting Goods has partnered with the league as a 2020 Season Sponsor. In addition to equipment donation and sponsorship, DICK'S Sporting Goods will be hosting an in-store event on March 14th & 15th where you can SAVE 20% OFF YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE. Valid at the Plymouth Meeting or King of Prussia stores. Coupon valid in-store only.
See below or click here to get your EXCLUSIVE 21st WARD COUPON
TOURNAMENT TEAM TRYOUTS | 8U - 11U
If your child is interested in playing more competitive, travel/tournament baseball in the Spring & Summer, tryout for one of our teams. We will be hosting 8U - 11U tryouts as noted below. 13U - 15U tryouts will take place in late March, date/time TBA.
There is no cost to tryout but you must pre-register to tryout.
New to Tournament Baseball? Click here to learn more about our program.
JEFFERSON UNIVERSITY SOFTBALL CLINIC - SPACE LIMITED **MUST RSVP**
Thanks to all the girls who participated in the Jefferson University & SOW Good Now Softball Clinic. For pictures and highlights, click here.
INCLEMENT WEATHER PROCESS
We will always make every effort possible to play but the safety of the players, coaches, umpires, and spectators is our top priority, as well as providing proper notification to the umpires. In the event we need to cancel games to due to the weather we will do so as soon as possible by notifying managers via email or text, as well as announcing on our website and on our league Facebook page.
NEW BAT RULES IN 2018
With holiday shopping season fast approaching, we want the 21st Ward community to be up to speed on the new bat regulations that will be going into effect Jan 1, 2018. Cal Ripken & Babe Ruth Baseball will be adopting the new USA Bat standards. The new bats are designed to behave more like traditional wood bats. As discussed at the 11/15 General Body Meeting, as a Cal Ripken & Babe Ruth chartered league, it is our intent to adopt these new standards for our in-house program for the 2018 season for the AAA - Pony levels. If you want to see a list of the individual bats, sorted by bat manufacturer that are approved, visit www.usabat.com The key thing you are looking for is the USA bat stamp on the bat. Below are the new specifications for 2018.
ATTENTION MANAGERS & COACHES FOR 2016:
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN COACHING A TOURNAMENT TEAM FOR CAL RIPKEN/BABE RUTH BASEBALL DISTRICTS/STATES/REGIONALS,YOU MUST PASS 1 CERTIFICATION COURSE ON CAL RIPKEN/BABE RUTH BASEBALL WEBSITE. THIS IS MANDATORY. ONCE COMPLETED, EMAIL YOUR CERTIFICATES TO AN ELECTED BOARD MEMBER.
ALL MANAGERS & COACHES MUST HAVE THIS CERTIFICATION. EVEN IF YOU PLAN ON PUTTING YOUR NAME IN FOR A TOURNAMENT TEAM OR POSSIBLY COACHING WITH A MANAGER, YOU MUST BE CERTIFIED.
IT IS STRONGLY SUGGESTED TO TAKE THESE COURSES EVEN IF YOU ARE ONLY COACHING IN-HOUSE. YOU WILL LEARN A WHOLE LOT. YOU WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE COURSE AND MATERIALS AT ALL TIMES VIA CAL RIPKEN/BABE RUTH WEBSITE.
HERE IS THE WEBSITE:
HERE IS THE COST: (PAID BY MANAGERS/COACHES)
REMEMBER, YOU ONLY NEED 1 CERTIFICATION. YOU CAN TAKE THE COURSE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT TO PASS AND ONLY PAY ONCE. CONSIDER TAKING THE 2 BASEBALL COURSES. IT WILL OPEN YOUR EYES IMMEDIATELY. OUR KIDS WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS RIGHT AWAY.
HERE IS WHAT THE DOCUMENT LOOKS LIKE AFTER COMPLETION OF THE COURSE. YOU WILL NEED TO CARRY A WALLET SIZE WITH YOU COACHING AND SEND A COPY OF YOUR CERTIFICATE AVAILABLE ONLINE AT BABE RUTH SITE TO NICK.ROSLEY@HOTMAIL.COM. CERTIFICATE ONLY, NOT TRANSCRIPT.
THANK YOU, 21ST WARD JL BASEBALL
COACHES: HERE IS A LINK FOR GREAT INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS:
NO SMOKING/NO CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES!
to respect my teammates, my opponents, the coaches, and umpires
and to improve myself in spirit, mind, and body.
I will positively support all managers, coaches, and players.
I will respect the decisions of the umpires.
I will praise a good effort despite the outcome of the game.
Contacting The Junior League
TO CONTACT THE JUNIOR LEAGUE:
1)TO KEEP YOUR QUESTION/COMMENTS PRIVATE. SEND US AN E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) To send email or reach a League Officer or Board Member by phone, go to the League Contacts and select mail for that official, if available. If email is not available, please contact by phone.
3) For RAIN OUTS, the league will communicate directly with team Managers. All inclement weather updates will be posted on our website and on our Facebook page in as timely manner as possible. Always assume the game is on until your manager tells you otherwise.
ABOUT THE 21st WARD JUNIOR LEAGUE
that serves the children of Northwest Philadelphia (the 21st Ward).
We have no paid employees, and can provide sports activities to resident children only through volunteer efforts and participation. Fees are designed to cover the cost of the baseball and softball programs that we offer. The parents or guardians of each child participating in the League's programs are asked to provide 2 hours of time per season in field maintenance and trash pickup to enable us to keep costs low and to maintain our quality facilities that are enjoyed by all.
|PRE-REGISTRATION: 2020 8U-13U Tournament Team Tryouts|
|2020 Roxborough Rumble Tournament Team Registration (6/11 - 6/14)|
|2020 OPENING DAY COUNTDOWN|
Get important messages from 21ST WARD JUNIOR LEAGUE BASEBALL by Text & Email