Register Now for the 2020 Season
The 2020 season is still a go! Ready to join the team? Here's what you need to do:
- GET ORIENTED: If you didn't attend our team orientation meeting, watch the video (40 minutes) to get the overview, then download the Orientation Toolkit.
- REGISTER WITH OUR TEAM: Go to our team's registration page and follow the checklist for signing up, downloading forms, paying fees, etc.
- REGISTER WITH THE LEAGUE: After you register with our team, we'll email you a link to register with the Utah High School Cycling League / NICA on their Pit Zone website.
- WATCH FOR UPDATES: The pandemic may force changes to policies and schedules. We'll email and post on this page, as needed.
If you want to join after June 1, please email Coach Brooks Briggs at JordanHSmtb@gmail.com.
Jordan team and Utah League registration closes July 3, 2020.
Questions? Contact us at JordanHSmtb@gmail.com.
May Practice: Start "Distance Training" today!
Even though we're not meeting in person, we ARE practicing! Every student-athlete should participate in our "Distance Training" plan. Get started here.
How will the season be impacted? Read the Q&A
Have races been pushed? Click here for answers!
Registration & Fee Deadlines
Unless you’re new to the team, registration and fees must be completed/paid by the first official (in-person) team practice; otherwise, they are due as listed below. However, if you’re new and want try a practice first, you can attend ONE PRACTICE before paying.
1. Jordan Team: $275 due June 1
- Pay by check (to Jordan MTB Race Team) or Venmo (@Jordan-MTB). Team uniform is included.
2. Utah League: $285 (High School) / $235 (Jr Devo) due July 3
- Pay via PayPal in Pit Zone registration system. There will be no late registration period or fee assessed this season.
July 3rd at 11:59 pm Mountain Time is the final registration deadline. Riders will not be able to register after this deadline.
3. Refund Policy
If the season or individual races are cancelled, the Utah High School Cycling League offers a limited refund. See here for fees that are not refundable in any circumstance.
About Our Team
The Jordan cross-country mountain bike team serves Jordan High, Mount Jordan Middle, and Eastmont Middle schools. (Nearby middle schools may also qualify.) Our Junior Development team includes grades 7–8 and our high school team supports grades 9–12.
Unique Among Sports Teams
Mountain biking is unique among school sports. Unlike other sports teams:
- Anyone can participate, including those with physical or cognitive disabilities.
- There are no tryouts, no “bench.”
- Ride and/or race regardless of your fitness, endurance, or skill level.
How and Where We Ride
As a cross-country mountain bike team, we practice and race on a mix of rough paths, single-track or double-track trails, and fire roads. Most practices occur in Corner Canyon in Draper. Our team’s activities are focused upon preparing for and racing at NICA-produced cross-country mountain biking events in the fall. We do not participate in “gravity” or downhill/enduro style events.
Sign-ups start in March and practices begin in May. Races start in late August and run through September (for middle school riders) or mid-October (for high school).
About Our League
Our team is part of the Utah High School Cycling League, which is a 501(c)3 nonprofit and an affiliate of the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA). Our sport is not sanctioned by the Utah Board of Education and is independent of the schools we serve. All coaches are unpaid volunteers who are trained and licensed by the program.
Join the Jordan High School Mountain Biking Club
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Bike Club” in the subject line. We’ll send you the registration form and email you updates about events.
Between seasons, email email@example.com and put “Subscribe” in the subject line to receive announcements about orientation, registration, and team updates.