Register Now for the 2020 Season
Ready to sign up for the team? Here's what you need to do:
- If you didn't attend our team orientation meeting, watch the video (40 minutes) to get the overview.
- Go to our Registration page and follow the checklist for signing up, downloading forms, paying fees, etc.
- Watch your email and this page for updates. The pandemic may force changes to policies and schedules.
If you want to join after May 1, please email Coach Brooks Briggs at JordanHSmtb@gmail.com.
Jordan team registration closes June 1, 2020.
Questions? Contact us at JordanHSmtb@gmail.com.
UPDATE! Registration Deadline & Refund Policy
As of March 24, there are two important updates to team orientation information. The following is a summary of changes from the Utah High School Cycling League. See the full document here.
1. Registration Deadline
- On-time Registration: June 19th.
- Late Registration: July 3rd. A $10 late fee will be applied between June 19th and July 3rd.
JULY 3rd AT 11:59 PM MOUNTAIN TIME IS THE FINAL REGISTRATION DEADLINE. RIDERS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER AFTER THIS DEADLINE.
2. Refund Policy
- The league is revisiting the refund policy if the season or individual races are cancelled due to the coronavirus. See here for fees that are not refundable in any circumstance.
About Our Team
The Jordan cross-country mountain bike team serves Jordan High, Mount Jordan Middle, and Eastmont Middle schools. (Nearby middle schools may also qualify.) Our Junior Development team includes grades 7–8 and our high school team supports grades 9–12.
Unique Among Sports Teams
Mountain biking is unique among school sports. Unlike other sports teams:
- Anyone can participate, including those with physical or cognitive disabilities.
- There are no tryouts, no “bench.”
- Ride and/or race regardless of your fitness, endurance, or skill level.
How and Where We Ride
As a cross-country mountain bike team, we practice and race on a mix of rough paths, single-track or double-track trails, and fire roads. Most practices occur in Corner Canyon in Draper. Our team’s activities are focused upon preparing for and racing at NICA-produced cross-country mountain biking events in the fall. We do not participate in “gravity” or downhill/enduro style events.
Sign-ups start in March and practices begin in May. Races start in late August and run through September (for middle school riders) or mid-October (for high school).
About Our League
Our team is part of the Utah High School Cycling League, which is a 501(c)3 nonprofit and an affiliate of the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA). Our sport is not sanctioned by the Utah Board of Education and is independent of the schools we serve. All coaches are unpaid volunteers who are trained and licensed by the program.
Join the Jordan High School Mountain Biking Club
Email us at email@example.com and put “Bike Club” in the subject line. We’ll send you the registration form and email you updates about events.
Between seasons, email firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Subscribe” in the subject line to receive announcements about orientation, registration, and team updates.