Join the Team before July 1!
Interested in joining the Jordan High School or Jr Devo team? You can join the team until June 31! Here's what you need to do:
- DOWNLOAD: In the menu, click "Forms" and select "All Forms & Handouts." Download all the PDFs listed on that page.
- READ: Review the Team Orientation Info. It contains all the information you'll need about the team.
- REVIEW: Take a look at the 2019 Orientation & Registration Checklist. It summarizes all the steps you'll need to take to get going.
- REGISTER WITH THE TEAM: Fill out the Team Registration Form and email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or deliver it to one of the coaches. Once you send it, we can invite you to register with the Utah Cycling League.
- PAY THE FEES: There are two fees--one for the Jordan Team and one for the Utah League. Details and deadlines are in the Orientation packet and the Checklist.
Skills clinics start in May. Official team practices begin in June. Final registration without a late fee is July 1. Races start in August.
If you have additional questions, please email Coach Brooks Briggs at email@example.com.
Announcing the new Jordan Jr. Devo Team!
By popular demand, we are adding a Junior Development team to the Jordan HS Cross-Country team! If you will be a 7th or 8th grader in the Fall of 2019, you can join our team. Middle schools who feed into the Jordan team may include:
- Mount Jordan Middle
- Eastmont Middle
- Midvale Middle
- Summit Academy (charter)
- American Preparatory Academy
- St John the Baptist Catholic Middle School
If you have any questions, you can reach Coach Brooks Briggs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Our Team
High school mountain biking is unique within organized individual and team sports. Anyone can participate. There are no tryouts, no “bench.” You can ride and race regardless of your fitness, endurance, or skill level as long as you’re committed. In fact, those who don’t want to race can still join and ride with our team!
We're part of the , which is a 501(c)3 nonprofit and an affiliate of the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA). Our sport is not sanctioned by the Utah Board of Education nor controlled by the school. All coaches are unpaid volunteers.
As a cross-country mountain bike team, our riding is different from road, downhill, BMX, cyclo-cross, or track racing. We do not participate in “gravity” or downhill/enduro style events. Our team’s activities are focused upon preparing for and racing at NICA-produced cross-country mountain biking events only
- Anyone can participate—there are no tryouts, no “bench.
- Ride and/or race regardless of your fitness, endurance, or skill level.
- No bike? Let’s talk! Arrangements can be made.
We start sign-ups and practice in April to prepare for racing in the fall.
For more info on the league and our races, visit www.utahmtb.org.