- 2020 LACROSSE ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!!!
- TARKILL SOCCER CLUB OFFERS PEE WEE, CLINIC, RECREATION AND TRAVEL LEAGUES....
- TRAVEL SOCCER TRYOUT DATES COMING IN APRIL 2020
WELCOME TO THE HOME OF
TARKILL SOCCER CLUB
Updateded COVID-19(Corona Virus) Information
SJGSL is currently monitoring information released by US Soccer, the CDC, and FIFA as it relates to the continuing Coronavirus outbreak. Our concern will always be the health and safety of our players, coaches, referees and their families in and around the game of soccer. As of the writing of this, all league events will go forward as scheduled. The guidance from US Soccer notes that:
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed. Everyday preventive actions should be taken, including:
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
● Stay home when you are sick.
● Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
● Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
● Follow the CDC's recommendations for using a facemask.
● CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including Coronavirus.
● Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease.
● Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
● If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Please take steps to ensure the safety of your players, coaches and families while also promoting sportsmanship after the match. Many suggestions have been put forth regarding alternatives to the high five or hand shake after a match; those include fist bump, elbows, waving, and foot taps. Or please feel free to use any other method of promoting sportsmanship after a match while still keeping player safety in mind.