2018 45+ Meeting All Star Game, Regular Season & Playoffs
445+ Meeting Wednesday, Jan 31 @ 7:00pm, 57 minutes
7 Teams were represented @ Meeting
New Rule for 2018. (Communicated @ General Meeting) Player needs to bat or play in field for at least 6 regular season games. DL is terminated. If player participates only in field only Manager needs to have opposing manager write player’s field participation in his book.
New Rule for 2018. (communicated @ General Meeting) In the event of regional inclement weather. All Games will be postponed. Email will be sent to all Managers & Pop–up menu on website will be used. If Manager’s wishing to play they need to call Umpire Coordinator and opposing manager to coordinate game.
New for 2018: By unanimous decision @ General Meeting Manager’s elected to use 1010 Wilson Baseballs.
Stats need to be online and completed by July 15. If stats are not on website by July 15 your teams risks not being qualified for Playoffs.
General 45+ Rules
45+ Managers elected to potentially waiver new under-age players who are to turn 43 and 44 in 2018. (These waivered players cannot Pitch or Catch). All waivered players need to be approved by League & 45+ Managers.New Rules voted by 45+ Managers. Players who were grandfathered in last year do not need to be waived again. Summer/Spring Season : A player can only be on one roster in each age division. Player can be on other age division rosters.
Same Rule as 2017 below. Voted in again for 2018
Each team will be allowed two courtesy runners per game, and they don't have to be identified at the exchange of line-ups before the beginning of the game. When the manager decides to use a courtesy runner, that person will be dedicated as the first courtesy runner of the game. That runner does not have to be run for on each following at-bat, he can have the option of receiving the courtesy runner or running for himself. That would also apply to the second player that receives a courtesy runner in the game. The runner that is used as the courtesy runner is the last batted out, unless it is a pitcher or catcher or the other courtesy runner.
With respect to pitchers and catchers, they can receive a courtesy runner at any time during the game, not only when there are two outs as a speed up rule. Their use of the courtesy runner does not count towards the two that are allowed per team. The pitcher or catcher can refuse to take a courtesy runner during the game and doing so will not prevent them from using a courtesy runner at another point in the game.
- American Division decided to scrap MVP/Cy Young
- National Division wants to do MVP/CY Young
- All- Star game to be played @ Frawley. 45+ & 35 National will play AS game
45/35 All-Star Game
1:00pm Saturday, June 16th @ Frawley Stadium
· Pick 2 or 3 Players from your team & email to your appropriate manager. If team does not have enough players Managers can fill team in with other players from there Sunday team.
· 7 Inning Game
· If game is rained out, All-Star game will NOT be made up
· Announcer likes to announce names of batting line-up and then play National Anthem
Blue Team (VISITOR) Manager Walt & Ciecka
Red Team (HOME) Paul Grace
- Managers elected NOT to play Mother’s day, May 13
- Managers elected not to play Sunday July 1
Open Sunday Dates
April 8, 15, 22, 29
May 6, 20 (off May 13 Mother’s Day, July 1 & Memorial Day weekend May 27. Teams are encouraged to make up rain outs these Sundays, If practical)
June 3, 10, 17, 24
July 8, 15, 22 29
August 5, 12, 19, 26
1. Cinnaminson Rangers
2. Philly Old Timers
3. Washing TWP Senators
4. Jersey Shore Baseball
1. Cherry Hill Rangers
2. Cheltenham Reds
3. PBC Royals
4. Clayton Rays
Regular season: 13 weeks 16 Games. 3 Dh’s. Play each team in your division 4X. Play 4 cross conference games. Managers understand the schedule will not be balanced. DO NOT schedule Doubleheader for Jersey Shore May 6.
Sunday, July 29 (#1 Vs. #4), #1 seed needs to win one game to advance to Championship. #4 seed needs to win 2 games to advance to Championship.
Game #1: Sunday, July 29 #1 Home team. #1 seed has option to host game. (9) Innings
Game #2: Sunday, August 5 #1 Home team. #1 seed has option to host game. (9) Innings
(#3 Vs. #4) Best of 3 Series
Game #1: Sunday, July 29. #3 Seed Home Team. Game is played @ #4 Field. (9) Inning Game
Game #2: Sunday, August 5. # 4 Team is HOME team. Game is hosted by #3 team. (9) Inning
· Umpires are paid by SJMSBL
· 2 division Winners of Championships receives $500 Credit towards 2019 Spring/Summer Season
· If both Series Sweep in semi’s Championship starts Sunday, August 5. If not below schedule stands
- Sunday, Aug. 12 ONE (9) Inning Game Semi Winner Vs. Semi Winner. Stronger seed Hosts game and is HOME team
- Sunday, Aug 19 ONE (9) Inning Game Semi Winner Vs. Semi Winner. Weaker seed Hosts game and is HOME team
- Sunday, August 26 ONE (9) Inning Game Semi Winner Vs. Semi Winner. Stronger seed Hosts game and is HOME team
Managers understand, in the spirit of ending playoffs before Labor Day the SJMSBL can change the Playoff Structure to Play a Double Header Playoff Sunday format. 3rd game or second game of Doubleheader would be 7 Innings.
· Changes will be made in the event of “Acts of God” (rain, weather, etc.)
· Please note: “Act of God” definition does not equate to “Not having enough Players.”
45+ League Standings
Shall be determined by A POINT SYSTEM
- 3 points for a Win
- 2 points for a Tie
- 1 point for a loss
- 0 Points for a loss by forfeit (Standings will show a team losing by forfeit getting 1 point. This is incorrect and will be properly calculated at the end of season)
- 0 Points for a game not played
Please keep in mind…. The spirit of the SJMSBL is to play Baseball. If a Team ”jobs Standings” and does not play scheduled game because
“Played game” would have no bearing in standings; Team Jobbing the League has the possibility of receiving severe Penalties. Please make every effort to play all of your scheduled games.
When two teams are tied
1. Head to Head record
2. Fewest Runs allowed in all games
3. Most Runs Scored in all games
When three or more teams are tied
1. Fewest Runs allowed in all games
2. Most Runs Scored in all games
· 9 inning game = 9-0
· 7 inning Game = 7-0
Not discussed @ Meeting but in effect
2 UMPIRES @ EACH GAME
EACH TEAM PAYS FOR ONE UMPIRE
Cost per umpire per (9) inning Game @ $80
Cost per umpire per (7) inning Game @ $70
1.Cancelling with less than one hour until game time- $45 per umpire (If umpires did not leave for game yet, no fee will be charged)
2. Umpires arrive at field and no game due to weather: $45 per umpire
3. Game 1 of DH Starts, no game two due to weather: No fee charged
4. Game 1 of DH starts, no game two due to team decision: $45 per umpire for second game
Director and Assignor
Tri-State Elite Umpire Association
E-mail is preferred unless it is a notification on the day of the game.
2 MVP & 2 Cy YOUNG Nominations from each Team will be DUE Aug 1
* Nomination Ballot will be emailed to Managers July 15, 2018. Ballot will also be available @ "Handouts" on www.SouthJerseyMSBL.com
* Nominations will be published on Front page of www.SouthJerseyMSBL.com July 5, 2017
* Managers will than vote on Nominations. Final vote is DUE August 18, 2018
MVP & CY Young winners will appear on Front page of Website August 21, 2018