VIPL Severe Weather Protocol 2015-2016
Games may be cancelled due to severe weather ON GAME DAY: unsafe driving conditions, road closures, field closures, and ferry closures.Unfortunately, cold, wet and windy conditions are considered just a part of fall/winter soccer!
In this order:
1. Coaches in the affected communities are to call their Opponent's Coaches.
2. Both team's coaches are to notify their respective players/parents.
3. Both team's coaches are to notify their Club designate and, if you are the HOME team, ensure that all internal calls are made to notify the: Club Administrator, Club Referee Scheduler and Club Field Scheduler. Please follow your club's internal protocol.
4. Teams, club Administrator or designate to email cancellation notification to UISA Administrator @ email@example.com
5. UISA Administrator to email those affected with further cancellation/rescheduling information, and update VIPL website.
- If snow is in the forecast, it might be a good idea to touch base with your opponent’s coach the night before, so you can ensure you have a "game plan" on game day!
- Coaches contact info is also on the VIPL website on the left hand menu, click on "Standings". Filter to desired division and then click on desired team. The coaches contact information will pop-up.
- It is good practice for all teams to become familiar with their opposing teams websites to check for field closures.
- On the UISA website: www.uisoccer.org on the left hand menu, click on "Links". Links to all Club websites are located here. All UISA Clubs have their field status on their home page.
- On the LISA website: www.lowerislandsoccer.com on the left hand menu, click on "Members". Links to all Club websites are located here. All LISA Clubs have links to their field status on their home page.
- Also check the VIPL website: www.leaguelineup.com/VIPL for the status of your games. Once I receive notice of field closures or cancellations, I will post it on the website and notify the affected teams.
VIPL 2015-16 Season - Important Dates
September 9, 2015
Saturday and Sunday, September 12/13. Season start – all divisions except U15B play a double game weekend. Regular game days: U14-U16 Girls play Saturdays, U18 girls and all Boys play Sundays
Saturday and Sunday September 26/27 – Double game weekend for all girls divisions.
Thursday, October 1 – Team Rosters due. ID cards mandatory.
Saturday and Sunday October 3 / 4 – Double game weekend for U14B, U16B and U18B.
Saturday and Sunday, October 10/11 – Thanksgiving Weekend – VIPL league games
Tuesday December 1– A Cup declaration deadline.
Saturday and Sunday December 12/13 – Last weekend of league play for all divisions before Winter break
Saturday and Sunday, December 19/20 – Make-up Games (as needed)
Wednesday December 31 – BCSA transfer deadline.
Saturday and Sunday, January 9/10, 2016 – Make-up Games (as needed)
Thursday, Jan 15 –A-Cup roster due.
Saturday and Sunday January 16/17– First weekend of League play after Winter Break
Saturday and Sunday February 6/7- Last weekend of league play before play downs
Monday, Feb 8 (family day) – Make-up Games (as needed)
Saturday and Sunday, Feb 14/15 - Make-up Games (as needed)
Cup Play Dates: Be prepared to play either day
Saturday and/or Sunday, Feb 20/21 – VIPL A-Cup Play downs, Quarter Finals
Saturday and/or Sunday, Feb 27/28 – VIPL A-Cup Play downs, Semi Finals
Saturday and/or Sunday, March 5/6 – VIPL A-Cup Play downs – FINALS
Saturday and/or Sunday, Mar 12/13 and April 2/3 – VIPL A-Cup Finals Make-Up Games (as needed)
Monday March 14 –Friday April 1– LISA and UISA spring breaks
Saturday and/or Sunday, April 9/10 – Coastal Cup Quarter Finals
Saturday and/or Sunday, April 16/17 – Coastal Cup Semi Finals
Saturday and/or Sunday, April 30/May 1 –Coastal Cup Finals
Thursday, July 7 – Sunday July 10 – A Cup Provincials Burnaby,BC
Sponsor - Wired Electrical and Design
Thank you to Wired Electrical and Design for their support of the UI-North Riptide 1998 Boys. For more information, please visit our Sponsors page.
Sponsor - Comox Valley RV
Sponsor - Sea Roamer Marine Services
Important Game Scheduling Info
September 9, 2015
From VIPL Policy and Procedures:
(a) UISA will only schedule VIPL games on fields in the Nanaimo Regional District or the Comox Valley Regional District, Campbell River Regional District and the Port Alberni Regional District. Note: No games will be scheduled in Powell River
(b) LISA fields will only schedule VIPL games on fields in the Capital Regional District or the Cowichan Valley Regional District
(c) Outlined below are acceptable start times for all VIPL games.
Note - Riptide teams with Powell River players for 2015/2016 are: Boys U14, Boys U15, Boys U16, Girls U16, Girls U18
Lower Island teams with Salt Spring Island Players for 2015/16 are: Gorge/Lakehill/Bays/JdeF U14 Girls, Cowichan U14 Girls, Bays/PFC U14 Boys, Cowichan U15 Boys, Bays/PFC U18 Girls
Posting Game Times and Locations
September 9, 2015
Please ensure game times and locations are posted on the VIPL website by Wednesday, 6:00pm PRIOR to game day. UI Teams/Clubs, please forward info to UI Administrator. LI teams, please follow directions sent from LISA. Any problems inputting times/locations, please contact the UISA Administrator at UpperIslandSoccerOffice@gmail.com or 250-792-0570
Game Results - please report to NEW VIPL score recorder
September 9, 2015
HOME and AWAY teams, please report your game scores to our new score recorder, Claire Brown at VIPLscores@gmail.com *Please state division, teams, score and location ie: U15B Riptide 1 vs Saanich/Prospect 1, Lochside ParkNotes: 1) Scores are due from both teams by Monday at 5PM, but reports right after your game are appreciated!2) Scores will not be posted until Monday evening, UNLESS we have received scores from both teams…..so if you don’t see your score, even though you reported right away, you now know why…….
****AWAY team listed 1st:HOME team listed 2nd****
For a complete schedule listing, click here!