Welcome to MGSL
The Midland Girls Softball League
Sayings & Quotes
Area Softball Links
Teams & Rosters
Divisions of Play
Video Tip of the Week
MGSL Code of Conduct
Rules of Play
MGSL Clinics & Camps
Fundamentals & Drills
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Northeast Club Softball Registration
All sensitive player information will remain strictly confidential to the Midland Girls Softball League and Midland Parks & Recreation Dept. and will not be shared or distributed in anyway without the parent’s consent.
Current grade level:
If your daughter attends a school other than Northeast Middle School, please indicate here along with why she is electing to tryout for the Northeast team.:
Any allergies or health concerns that we should be aware of?:
Each Girl is required to provide a copy of her birth certificate. Please submit a paper copy to your daughter's coach at her first practice or email a copy (jpg or pdf) to theMGSL@gmail.com
If your daughter has submitted her BC as part of registration with MGSL in the past, her BC may be on file and no further submission is necessary.
PARENT / CHILD CODE OF CONDUCT
The essential elements of character building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship. The highest potential of sports is achieved when competition reflects these “six pillars of character”.
I therefore agree:
1. I will not force my child to play sports.
2. I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youths, not adults.
3. I will inform the coach of any physical disability of ailment that may affect the safety of my child or others.
4. I will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the league.
5. I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game and practice.
6. I (and my guests) will not encourage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
7. I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
8. I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
9. I will teach my child that doing ones’ best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.
10. I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard and make my child feel like a winner every time.
11. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing.
12. I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss or confront coaches on the game field. I will take time to speak to coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
13. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at games and practices.
14. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices.
15. I will voice my grievances, concerns or issues to the appropriate league persons. I will do so in a constructive manner and will not make negative, unnecessary comments to players, coaches, officials or other parents. I recognize that I always have the option of contacting the league President.
16. I will follow the Parent Agreement.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
A. Verbal warning by official, coach or league President.
B. Written Warning.
C. Parental game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file with the league.
D. Game forfeit through the official or coach.
E. Parental season suspension.
I hereby give my consent for my child to participate in Northeast Middle School Club Softball. I accept full responsibility for any injury incurred as a result of said participation. I will hold the administrators, coaches and/or Northeast Middle School harmless.
I agree that the information that I have provided on the registration form is accurate to the best of my knowledge.
I agree to abide by the Parent / Child Code of Conduct.
I understand that my registration will not be accepted if I do not complete the payment process after submitting the form.
I understand that a valid birth certificate is required to be on file prior to participation with Northeast Middle School Club Softball.
1) Submit this form and pay via credit card below.
2) Submit this form without payment and then mail a check for $85* to MGSL PO Box 1851 Midland, MI 48641
*Payment includes the purchase of 6 raffle tickets which can be sold for $5 each with proceeds retained by the player's family.
* indicates required fields
$85 - 6th, 7th & 8th grade club softball
The Midland Girls Softball League
Page visits in 2017