VAA Baseball Rules
All rules below are still in effect for the 2017 season.
2015-2017 Pitching Rules (See Summary image below)
** 2017 rules are the same as 2015 with the following exceptions:
* If a pitcher pitches 2 or more innings, he cannot catch the next inning (one inning of "arm rest" is required)
* If a catcher catches 2 or more innings, he cannot pitch the next inning (one inning of "arm rest" is required)
* The player can play another position for that inning of "arm rest".
** 2016 rule updates for Majors:
No new inning is to be started after 1 hr and 45 minutes has elapsed from the scheduled start time. Once an inning has been started it is to be completed if possible with no time limit. A 15 run rule will be implemented,if after 4 innings, a team is leading by 15 runs or more, the game will be stopped .
* 2016/2017 rule updates for 13-15 Year Old/Babe Ruth:
VAA Baseball Coaching Resources
Procedures for using the web site:
Post Game Pitching and All-Star Forms
- Post Game Form (Word)
- Post Game Form (Excel)
- Mid Atlantic Region Babe Ruth Pitching Chart (PDF)
- Coordinators - Pitch Count Tracking Workbook (Excel)