Mission Statement of Babe Ruth League, Inc.
The Babe Ruth Baseball/Softball program, using regulation competitive baseball and softball rules, teaches skills, mental and physical development, a respect for the rules of the game, and basic ideals of sportsmanship and fair play. In all aspects, Babe Ruth League, Inc. is committed to providing our participants the very best educational, sports experience possible. It is our fundamental belief that every child with a desire to play baseball or softball be afforded the opportunity to do so.
The Babe Ruth League of Norwalk Mission Statement:
The Norwalk Babe Ruth Baseball program, using regulation competitive baseball rules, teaches skills, mental and physical development, a respect for the rules of the game, and basic ideals of sportsmanship and fair play. In all aspects, Norwalk Babe Ruth Baseball is committed to providing our participants the very best educational, sports experience possible. It is our fundamental belief that every child with a desire to play baseball be afforded the opportunity to do so.
The Babe Ruth League of Norwalk Philosophy:
Norwalk Babe Ruth Baseball is committed to teaching all of its players the proper fundamentals of sound baseball techniques that will enable players of all abilities to compete successfully. Every player will receive coaching attention so that they are properly prepared to participate comfortably at all positions on the playing field.
The Babe Ruth League of Norwalk Baseball Divisions:
Norwalk Babe Ruth Baseball has three Spring Season Divisions:
- 15U Junior Babe Ruth: Instructive league for 13 year old players coming out of Little League or Cal Ripken. Second and third year players aged 14 & 15.
- 18U Senior Babe Ruth: New for 2016. For players aged 16-18 who want to continue playing organized baseball.
- Norwalk Revolution: New for 2016. Travel division of Norwalk Babe Ruth Baseball with teams for ages 13, 14, 15, 16 & 18U. Teams are based on ability and an evaluation is required.
- 14U Pre-Season: for 8th grade 14 year olds to prepare for the Spring Season.
- Xtreme Baseball: For the advanced players aged 13 - 18.
- Summer Travel: Teams for each age group 13, 14, 15, 16 and 18U that will compete in Babe Ruth tournaments and selected tournaments throughout the summer. Invite/Tryout required.
- Summer Season: Junior & Senior Babe Ruth July - August instructional baseball for players who want to work on their skills.
- Fall Season: September to November league for any player aged 13-18. Graduating 12 turning 13 players from the youth baseball leagues are encouraged to participate and ready themselves for the larger field and to be evaluated for high school readiness.
Connecticut Babe Ruth District 2
Norwalk Babe Ruth Baseball is one of nine municipaliites that participate in Connecticut Babe Ruth District 2. Click the link for all Conecticut Babe Ruth District 2 league officials: http://ct.baberuthonline.com/engine.asp?area=state&aid=9&sbstid=1535&content=cpage&csbpgid=6267
The Sportsmanship Code of Babe Ruth League
Develop a stong, clean, healthy body, mind and soul.
Develop a strong urge for sportsmanlike conduct.
Develop understanding of and respect for the RULES.
Develop courage in defeat, tolerence and modesty in victory.
Develop control over emotions and speech.
Develop spirit of coopertion and team play.
Develop into real, true CITIZENS.
Copyright 1954 by Babe Ruth League, Inc.
Baseball in Norwalk as far back as 1865
Norwalk Babe Ruth Baseball was founded in 1954 by John McGuirk, but early records state that Norwalk was playing baseball as far back as 1865. On December 2, 1865 a team from Norwalk named "The Norwalk Muffins" was defeated by Stamford 38-23. Read more about Norwalk's baseball history as recounted in a document from stamfordhistory.org: http://www.stamfordhistory.org/Stamford%20Earliest%20Baseball%20Record%20c.pdf
Norwalk AA Babe Ruth John McGuirk Championship Trophy
The Norwalk AA Babe Ruth Baseball League was founded in 1954 by John McGuirk, who became the first league president. The upcoming 2013 season will be the 58th anniversary of Babe Ruth Baseball in Norwalk and The Norwalk AA Babe Ruth Baseball will honor Mr. McGuirk by naming its Championship Trophy after him. At the end of the 2013 season the winning team will be handed the “Norwalk AA Babe Ruth John McGuirk Championship Trophy”.
Norwalk AA Babe Ruth Baseball is proud to honor one of its founding fathers and will continue to find ways to acknowledge the tireless work that board members, coaches, players and volunteers contribute to make Norwalk AA Babe Ruth Baseball successful each year.