Six Age Groups - (Players may only play up 1division)
6 & Under – Cannot be 7 before May 1st of the current year.
7 & Under – Cannot be 8 before May 1st of the current year.
8 & Under – Cannot be 9 before May 1st of the current year.
9 & Under – Cannot be 10 before May 1st of the current year.
10 & Under – Cannot be 11 before May 1st of the current year.
11 & Under – Cannot be 12 before May 1st of the current year. ** Players that will be 12 years old between February 1st and April 30th of the current year, and in the 6th grade, shall be allowed to play U11.
AGE Ball Handlers Weight Limit
U9 Unlimited (115)
U10 Unlimited (130)
U11 Unlimited (145)
There is no weight limit for linemen in any age group.
Each team may have up to 8 weight exceptions.
AGE SPECIFIC RULES
1) Automatic Punt for 6, 7 & 8 year olds. Upon notification to the official an un-timed
down for the purpose of an automatic punt will be allowed. Ball advancement will be
16 yards or half the distance to the goal line with change of possession.
2) Blitzing for 6, 7 & 8 year olds. A defensive player cannot blitz (shoot) between the
offensive guards from a standing position. Penalty will be 12 yards and automatic
3) On Field Coaching for 6, 7 and 8 year olds. One coach will be allowed in the huddle
with his or her team, offense and defense. Once the huddle is broken, the coach must
remain a minimum of 10 yards behind the deepest player. Talking is allowed, NO
touching of players after the offensive huddle is broken. Penalty will be a 4 yard
delay of game.
4) Time Between Plays for 6 and 7 year olds only. The delay of game will be extended
to 30 seconds for 6’s and 7’s
5) Kick and Kick Returns for 7 & 8 year olds. More than one (1) coach will be allowed
on the field to aid in the alignment of players for the kick. Once the ball is whistled in
play only one coach should be on the field for each team.
6) There will NO kickoffs for 6’s. Play will start from the Opposing teams 30 yard line
after all scores, beginning of the game and after the half.