November Booster Agenda and other updates
November Booster Meeting at 7 pm in the Chatfield Library
- Deliver Helmets and Pinnies that were ordered
- Announce kick-off of Silent Auction Preparations (Silent Auction is on Thursday Feb 21st - Parent/Teacher Conferences)
- Complete / Turn-in Waivers for Foothills Indoor League (V and Sub-V)
- Answer Questions
Booster Club Purpose:
a. to broaden the involvement of students, student families, the school and the community in lacrosse;
b. to facilitate activities to raise funds to support the boys’ lacrosse programs at Chatfield Senior High School;
c. to organize volunteer support for program activities with the CSHS Athletic Department and coaching staff
Helmets and Pinnies
- Please come to the November Booster Meeting to pick up your Helmet and Pinnie
- If you need a helmet or pinnie, and didn’t order, please come to the meeting and let Angie know. She either has some extras, or will begin to compile the next team order
- If you are unable to come to the Meeting, please plan to go to Angie’s house to pick up your items: 9597 W Vandeventor Dr: 303-910-7597
- One request has been received by Amy for carpooling from Trailmark to Wednesday Evening Practices … can YOU or YOUR SON help? Please let Amy know and she will connect up some Trailmark residents.
- Do you anticipate needing help with getting your player to practices in the Spring? Or perhaps to evening practices this Fall? Amy Bhikha has offered to help organize carpooling. Please email her with your contact information, what your needs may be and what driving you can offer. firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails to the Booster Club and Board
- Future Zelle Payments - in an effort to be more clear with e-mails to the Board Members and Officers, we have established an email for the Treasurer. Future Zelle payments will be sent to email@example.com . Likewise, if you need to contact the Treasurer, Jamie Francone, for a LAXCASH statement, to order more King Soopers Cards, or for other payment and money related questions, you may use this email (they arrive in Jamie’s personal email).
- Emails to firstname.lastname@example.org arrive in the President’s personal email - Joyce Conrow
- Emails to email@example.com arrive in the Head Coach’s personal email - Ryan Zordani
December 11th Booster Meeting at 7 pm on Tuesday in the Chatfield Library
- Pick-up Silent Auction Donation Forms (Silent Auction is on Thursday Feb 21st - Parent/Teacher Conferences)
- Payment for Foothills Sports Arena Indoor Lax Due / Turn-in Waivers for Foothills Indoor League (V and Sub-V)
- Perhaps finalize order for Player and Fan Gear (planning in progress)
- Answer Questions
(Info below is a repeat of info included in the Mid-October Update E-mail.)
- Practices will continue twice per week, on Thursdays from 3:30 to 5 pm in the weight room. On Wednesdays 7:30 to 9 pm in the Auxiliary Gym on Nov 7, 14, 21 (yes, during T-giving, if you are in town) and Dec 5 (and maybe Dec 12th). On Tuesday 7:30 to 9 pm in the Aux Gym Dec 18th.
- Coaches will communicate directly with Players in GroupMe if there are changes made to these plans
- Player Gear and Fan Gear orders will be prepared and ordered
- Sign-up for Winter League (s)
- Chatfield Lacrosse will compete in Varsity Box, Varsity Field, Sub-Varsity Field
- Box League will be done through 3D lacrosse. Coach will register an “empty” team and then Varsity players will go to 3D and sign-up to play on Coach’s team. Players will receive an invitation from the Coaching Staff. Please wait until you receive your invitation before you go online to register on the Varsity Box League Team. Payment of $165.00 is made directly to 3D. You will not be able to use LAX CASH. A separate email will be sent with the necessary link and additional details. Games will be Thursday evenings beginning January 10th.
- Field Lacrosse will be done through Foothills Sports Arena. The Varsity will sign up as an entire team and the Sub-Varsity will sign up as an entire team. Hard copies of the Individual Waiver for each player must be submitted with the roster - get your form submitted at the November Meeting. If you have earned LAX CASH, you may use it. Payment will be made to the Booster Club, and the Booster Club will submit a single payment for both teams to FSA. A separate email will be sent with a registration/ commitment form to play. Games will be Saturdays sometime between 7am and 6pm beginning January 12th.
Various Decisions have been made:
- Cleats - You are not required to purchase new cleats for the season. However, if you need to purchase cleats, please follow these guidelines from the Coaches: “No all Black cleats as it makes you hot and slows you down. Black accents are fine. Cleats must be school colors. We encourage mostly white cleats.”
- Varsity Spring Break will be to LA, California. Details TBD - the intention will be to schedule the trip from Saturday to mid-week, similar to last year’s schedule.
- Spring Schedule - games are in the process of being booked and published on the School/Jeffco Events Calendar. You can search for Boys lacrosse games. They are not all in yet, but it is starting to be populated.
- Online Registration for the Spring Season with the Booster Club will begin sometime in December.
- Next Booster Meetings are on November 13th, December 11th and January 8th.