- Welcome to the Home of Centerville Elks High School Baseball. Follow us on Twitter @CHSElkBaseball
- Please take a moment to explore the site!!
- Division 1 District Championships - 2017, 2018
- GWOC Championships - 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016, 2019
- Look under "Pages" (above right) for more web pages and information
Welcome to the Home of Centerville Elks High School Baseball
Embrace Your Opportunity
(Invested or Interested)
Welcome New Elks Baseball Varsity Head Coach - Jason Whited
"I would like to take this opportunity to express how humbled and excited I am to be selected as the next Centerville Elks Varsity Baseball Coach. As we all know this is one of the most respected and successful baseball programs in the state of Ohio and I look forward to embracing my opportunity of carrying on such a strong tradition. I look forward to working with the coaches, administration, support staff, guardians and, most especially the players, to help continue the tradition that Coach Terry Dickten and Coach Tim Engleka have established. It shows how unique of a program this is when you see that only two head coaches have served since 1964 and am once again unbelievably excited to be named the third in the last 50 years."
- Varsity Head Coach Jason Whited
Focus of the CHS Baseball coaching staff
- Teach Young Men the Centerville Baseball Way via 4 Core Values called:
"Elk FAST - FAMILY ATTITUDE SKILL TEAM"
- Teach Young Men Accountability & Responsibility. Every practice, game, drill, rep can be a way to prove to your teammates you can be relied upon. Earn the trust of your teammates through your actions and character.
- Teach Young Men Life Lessons. Overcome adversity, failure, and never settle. Life is full of obstacles, Embrace them rather than run.
- Teach Young Men Discipline. Self-Discipline is developed through work ethic, habits, and character. “For what is each day but a series of conflicts between the right way and the easy way?” -Jim Schlossnagle
- Teach Young Men to Focus on Process Rather than Results. Process is the focus, not results. Emphasize the things we can control.
- Teach Young Men the Proper Way to Compete. Compete against your opponent, teammates, and most importantly yourself.
Elk Pride, Respect, Commitment and Hard Work are the foundation upon which our Tradition is built.
Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in the Centerville Elks Baseball Program.
Head Baseball Coach
2019 Varsity Season Video
Video shown at season banquet.
Click the Play button above. Or, click here to view the video in a larger, separate window and/or to download. (Turn up your speakers.)
We are proud to announce the details to our 2019 Summer Camp and Event Schedule. Please see the attachment (click here) or below for full details and we look forward to working with the future of our program. Feel free to contact me with questions and hope to see you all out at a game as the 2019 season approaches tourney time for the Elks.
Youth (2nd-9th) Hitting League – 6/3, 6/4, 6/6, 6/10, 6/11, 6/13, 6/17, and 6/18
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays starting June 3rd and going until June 18th. The hitting league will have one time slot of 12PM-1PM and be played inside CHS Baseball Barn and newly constructed outdoor player development cages. Each participant will also have Rapsodo technology measure their exit velocity, how far their ball travels, and spin measurements. Participants who attend all sessions will receive a dri-fit hitting league shirt.
F.A.S.T. (K-9th) Camp – Monday June 24th-Thurday June 27th
This brand new camp will focus on all areas of the offensive and defensive skill set with a specific emphasis on our core philosophy/culture (Elk FAST: Family Attitude Skill Team). Players will be split by age group and potentially skill set. The camp will take place at Booster Park (CHS) and be led by the CHS Coaching Staff, players, and alum playing in the college ranks. The camp is held on Monday June 24th-Thursday June 27th 9AM-12PM.
Middle School (6th - 9th) Summer Camp – Monday June 3rd-Thursday June 6th
Monday June 3rd-Thursday June 6th 9AM-12PM and is open to 6th-9th grade (dependent on 2019-2020 school year). This camp has a focus on players that will be entering the high school ranks in the near future. It will allow them to start building relationships with the high school coaching staff, learn our terminology, and become familiar with practice drills and routines. Will take place at Booster Park (CHS).
Slideshow: 20190523 vs Elder - OHSAA District Championship Game
Slideshow: 20190521 vs Miamisburg - OHSAA Tournament
Slideshow: 20190516 vs Stebbins - OHSAA Sectional Game
Slideshow: 20190510 vs Badin - Senior Night
Pregame Activities with Seniors and their Family:
Slideshow: 20190507 vs Moeller - Herd Appreciation Night
Slideshow: 20190429 vs Beavercreek - Military Appreciation Night
Slideshow: 20190427 vs Milford at Great American Ball Park
A few more pictures than normal...not everyday you get to play your game at the Home of the Reds (Great American Ball Park)!
Slideshow: 20190422 vs Springfield - Youth Appreciation Night
Pre & Post Game Activities
Older 2019 Slideshows are located under "Pages" (top menu) then "Photos - Slideshows".
2018 Division 1 District Champions!!!
6th District Title in CHS Baseball History, and first ever back to back seasons!
2017 Division 1 District Champions!!
2019 Varsity Team, Captains, Seniors, and Returning Lettermen
Varsity Team Captains - Lieberman, Smith, Hoffmann, Colopy
Seniors - (FR) Lieberman, Moyer, Hendrixson, Walch, (BR) Jenkins, Smith, Hoffmann, Colopy, Hill
Returning Lettermen - (FR) Lieberman, Smith, Jenkins, Hoffmann, Colopy, Hill, (BR) Moyer, Stahl, Requarth, Hendrixson, Walch
2019 Junior Varsity Team and Team Captains
Junior Varsity Team
Junior Varsity Team Captains - Kent, Robinson
2019 Freshman Team