"Your girls softball league since 1961"
A Safe athletic learning experience at a "Girls Only" softball complex
Schedule to be revised with a projected start date of June 22.
League will be allowed to resume if we commit to staying home when sick, report any illness to a League Rep, make hand sanitizer required team equipment, and include social distancing among spectators and between teams/ cohorts. Our traditional after game handshake will now be a friendly wave, or cheer, from a distance. We must warn everyone that COVID is still a risk, especially to people over 65 and anyone with underlying health problems
League Reps for each age division are to contact team managers and they should contact each player's family to confirm who wants to resume. Let's begin the process by getting teams to practice after they monitor themselves for any illness. Click here to see Guidelines for Families planning to resume youth sports leagues.
Additional League Guidelines below:
1) STAY HOME IF SICK and report the illness to the League Rep.
2) Everyone will use hand sanitizer before and after a game or practice.
3) Wipe down dugout benches before and after each game.
4) No food in the dugouts.
5) No sharing of personal equipment or drinks.
6) If equipment must be shared (i.e. catcher’s gear, bats, and balls) will be wiped down after every game or practice and between players.
7) Players may be asked to wear a face-covering while in the dugout.
8) Players will be instructed not to touch each other, sorry no hugs or high fives.
9) During games, individual equipment stations should be spaced apart, which may require extending outside the dugout.
10) During practice, it is recommended that players leave their equipment stations spaced along the fence line outside the dugouts.
11) Spectators should stay six feet apart, unless with immediate family members.
Please stay safe so we can meet again at the ballpark.
Mary "Kiki" Gravley, GGSA President
Garland Girls Softball Association (Winters Complex)
1330 Spring Creek Dr
Garland, TX 75040
Mail To: PO Box 460843 - Garland, TX 75046
Phone: 972-276-5483 - Fax: 1-413-294-6156
|2020 Spring League Registration - CLICK HERE|
Get important messages from GGSA by Text & Email