- we love soccer....
Welcome to the Williston Soccer Club!
WILLISTON SOCCER CLUB
A Not-For-Profit Parent Volunteer Organization
The Williston Soccer Club is a parent-led non-profit organization dedicated to promoting youth soccer in the greater Williston area. We are a member of the Vermont Soccer League (VSL) and are governed by the rules of the Vermont Soccer Association (VSA).
We strive to provide all players with the opportunity to learn the game and develop their skills with a focus on teamwork, sportsmanship, competition and fun. We do not require try outs but we ask for each player’s commitment to a more competitive level of play. In an effort to make the Williston Soccer Club’s 2006-2009 (birth year) teams more competitive and to retain their talented players, the coaches have the discretion to field “A” and “B” teams (when there are enough players), select players to play in games (this will be based on skill level) and determine playing time in games. We gladly accept players from surrounding towns for our teams!
The fall (outdoor) soccer season typically begins the last week of August and runs through mid-October. If the fall season doesn't fit into your schedule, the WSC also offers the opportunity to play more competitive soccer against other towns in the winter (indoor) and spring (outdoor) seasons. The winter season runs from November through April while the spring season typically runs from mid-April to mid-June. Please click on the tabs under the main menu (on the left) for more information on each season.
WSC players have the flexibility to commit to any (or all) of the seasons (fall, winter and spring) so there are three separate registrations and fee commitments. Fall, winter and spring registrations are typically open for several weeks in August, October and February, respectively.
Fall practice/game fees typically range from $50-$100 and include the cost of player passes ($25 for the combined fall/spring season), team fees, referee fees (U10-U16) and coaching fees (if applicable).
Winter practice fees typically range from $200-$300 and include the indoor field rental, coaching fees (if applicable), a t-shirt and miscellaneous club expenses. For U10 and older players interested in playing games at Nordic, Far Post or Queen City (this is not required), there will be an additional player fee of approximately $60-$70 per session. Please note that there are 3 sessions of games so the cost would be ~$180-$210 to play in all three sessions.
Spring practice/game fees typically range from $50-$100 and include the cost of player passes (+$25 if the player did not play in the VSA fall league), team fees, referee fees (U10-U16), coaching fees (if applicable) and miscellaneous club expenses.
In total, players planning to play all three season should expect to pay ~$500-$700 annually.
Note: WSC players are also required to wear an official WSC uniform for the fall and spring outdoor games. A full kit typically costs $47 (+shipping) and is a separate cost from the seasonal fees listed above.
The WSC does accept, review and honor a variety of scholarship requests for the winter practice and spring seasons. Scholarships are granted on a first-come, first-served basis and need to be directed to the Club President. We ask that all scholarship requestors provide player and parent/guardian information as well as actively participate in our Club (coach, manager, team functions/needs etc.) with a minimum of 10 hours of volunteer support. We request all scholarship recipient families to pay at least 50% of the winter and/or spring registration fee. Please contact us if you would like a scholarship application.
U.S. Soccer has made some changes to encourage further youth development. These changes included the nationwide adoption of Small-Sided Games and a shift from school-year to calendar year for the age grouping of teams. Read more at the U.S. Youth Soccer website. With that said, the Williston Soccer Club is looking to field teams for boys and girls born during the years of 2006 to 2011.
Season Dates (for more about each season, see the links at left under Main Menu)
Fall Season 2018 (Outdoor): Late August – mid-October
• Weekly Outdoor Practice at Williston Community Fields
• All teams will play weekly games (typically Sunday afternoons) at the Essex Tree Farm against neighboring towns.
Winter Season 2018-2019: late October - April
• Weekly Indoor Practice at the Williston Sports & Fitness Edge and Allen Brook School
• Depending upon interest level, we might also enter some teams to play games in the 5v5 Nordic or Far Post leagues (for players born between 2007-2009). In that case, the league fees of between $400-$700 per session would be split among the players and would be an extra cost option. Please note that there are 3 indoor sessions. The Nordic and Far Post leagues play at the Indoor Soccer Center in Essex. The Nordic League games are typically Wednesday evenings (U12G), Thursday evenings (U10G & U10B), Friday evenings (U14B) and Saturday evenings (U12B). The Far Post league games are Thursday evenings (U14G), and Friday evenings (U10 & U12 boys & girls).
Spring Season 2019 (Outdoor): mid April – early June
• Weekly Outdoor Practice at Williston Community Fields
• 2006-2009 players will play weekly games in the VSL traveling outdoor multi-town/club league from early May to early June. The Williston Soccer Club will also pay the team entry fees for the Kohls Cup and the Essex United Tournament.
If you have questions, please contact Matt Spitznagle at (802) 578-7417 or via email.
The Williston Soccer Club also has a Facebook page (Facebook.com/willistonsoccerclub). Please "like us" on Facebook!