2019 Fall Ball Registration Is Open!
Registration for the Fall 2019 season of Warrington-Warwick Softball is now open!
- Click here to register for the Fall 2019 season.
- The cost is $60 per player.
- The season will start September 8th and end October 27th (November 3rd and 10th will be makeup dates in case of rain).
- Games are on Sundays only and start after noon. No practices are required.
- Girls aged 7-18 (as of 12/31/19) are welcome.
- Individuals from other organizations are also welcome, you don't need to bring a whole team with you.
- Players receive a WWSO fall-ball t-shirt.
- We will be playing against teams from other local organizations. Some games may be played at their fields (usually within 15-20 minutes from Barness Park).
- This is NOT a travel team league. This league is for in-house girls who want to play a little more softball.
We look forward to seeing you in the fall!
Blue Thunder Travel Softball Tryouts
Follow WWSO on Facebook and Instagram!
League updates and pictures have been relocated to our Facebook and Instagram pages. Visit us there at:
New WWSO Golf Cart!
WWSO Goes to Bat Against ALS!
WWSO Blue Thunder players and their families recently teamed up off of the softball field to raise money and awareness of a lethal disease and salute coach Greg Heydet. Coach Heydet has been battling ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) since 2009. ALS is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. More than 5,000 people in the US are diagnosed with ALS each year and there are more than 20,000 Americans living with ALS at any given time.
If you'd like to learn more about ALS and how you can also participate in raising funds and awareness, please visit the ALS Association website.
(Picture 1) Mia and Alyssa Klein sold lemonade this summer to raise money for the cause. They presented a check for $510 in Coach Heydet's name to the National ALS Foundation!
(Picture 2) The 2006 Blue Thunder 12U team, parents and families participated in the 11th annual Hope Walk for the ALS Hope Foundation at Temple.
Thank you WWSO/Blue Thunder girls and families for your efforts in this very worthwhile cause and for supporting Coach Heydet!
Reminder: No Metal Cleats for In-House Games
Parents, in 2018 we will continue the WWSO policy of not allowing the use of metal cleats for in-house games.
2019 Clearance Requirements for Volunteers
In 2015, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania revised the law on establishing requirements for background checks for volunteers who interact with children.
Who needs clearances?
Under Pennsylvania’s Child Protection Services Law (“CAPS”), any volunteer at least 18 years of age who is seeking an unpaid position as a volunteer responsible for the welfare of a child or having direct contact with children. This applies to all individuals that will be a head coach, assistant coach, umpire and all Board Members.
Which clearances are needed?
All prospective volunteers must obtain the following clearances:
- Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP); and
- Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services (Child Abuse).
Additionally, a fingerprint based federal criminal history (FBI) submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent is required if:
- The position the volunteer is applying for is a paid position; and
- The volunteer has lived outside the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in the last 10 years.
Volunteers who are not required to obtain the FBI Clearance because they are applying for an unpaid position and have been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years must swear or affirm in writing that they are not disqualified from service based upon a conviction of an offense under §6344.
All volunteers will be required to obtain renewed clearances every 36 months.
Additional Background Checks:
As in the past, WWSO will continue to require that all of its volunteers submit annually to a national criminal background check. All applicants must submit their information by completing the Consent to Perform Background Check. The form is secure and information that is submitted is securely stored and encrypted.
Payment for Background Checks: Volunteers are entitled to receive one (1) CAPS child abuse clearance and one (1) CPSL state criminal background check every five (5) years at no charge. Volunteers are responsible the cost of the CPSL FBI clearance, if required, every five (5) years which is approximately $27.00 at present.
Background Check Updates: Every 5 years, volunteers of WWSO must complete new background checks as required by CPSL. The additional national background check required by WWSO must continue to be completed on a yearly basis.
For further information on the laws see:
http://keepkidssafe.pa.gov/cs/groups/webcontent/documents/document/C_135249.pdf or contact WWSO Director of Risk Management, John Marquis at WWSORiskManagement@gmail.com.
Completion Process for CPSL Require Background Checks:
ALL NEW HEAD COACHES, ASSISTANT COACHES, UMPIRES AND BOARD MEMBERS MUST COMPLETE STEP 1, STEP 2, STEP 3, STEP 4A OR 4B, AND STEP 5.
IF YOU COMPLETED STEPS 1-5 IN 2016, 2017 OR 2018, YOU ONLY HAVE TO COMPLETE STEP 1 IN 2019.
Step 1. Complete the WWSO Consent to Perform Background Check form (same as prior years):
- Create an Individual Account
- Organization is Warrington Warwick Softball Organization
- May take 10-20 minutes to complete
- You need to enter all of the places you've lived and people you've lived with since 1975
- Receive a response within 14 days
- Warrington Warwick Softball Organization
- After submitting, click Control Number link
- Print/Save the resulting certification form
WWSORiskManagement@gmail.com or mail to WWSO, PO Box 183, Warrington, PA 18976.
Visit the WWSO Shop!
The WWSO Shop is your source for WWSO Apparel, Merchandise, Gear, Sportswear and Clothing! Choose from an endless variety of WWSO Merchandise including T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Hoodies, Hats and Jerseys. Customize your design and personalize the back of your WWSO Gear to show your WWSO spirit and support your team!
The WWSO earns 15% on all sales made through the WWSO Shop!