Registration Is Open for the 2020 WWSO Spring Season!
Registration is open for the 2020 Spring season!
- Recreational softball open to all girls 4-18 years old.
- Early registration rate for birth years 2001-2012 for the Spring rec season is $150/child (same as 2018!)
- Early registration rate for birth years 2013-2015 for the Spring rec season is $85/child (WOW!)
- The season will start in April and run to early June with a full in-house schedule of games plus playoffs for the upper divisions.
- Home Run Derby/Skills Competition for all girls at the end of the regular season.
- Opportunity for some age groups to represent WWSO at the Little League tournament during the summer (tryouts required).
Click here to register your daughter for the 2020 spring softball season!
Registration Is Open for the 2020 WWSO Pitching Clinic!
WWSO is offering 5-week and 10-week pitching clinics in January-March to help develop and prepare more girls to pitch at the next level!
All WWSO players who are 7 years or older on 1/1/2020.
Session dates are as follows:
SESSION 1: (5 Weeks): 1/12, 1/19, 1/26, 2/2, and 2/9
SESSION 2: (5 Weeks): 2/16, 2/23, 3/1, 3/8, and 3/15
SMG Sportsplex on Route 263 in Warminster.
Greg Heydet, Blue Thunder travel coach, and his two assistants will provide hands-on training in a small-group setting. Coach Heydet will teach the girls proper and repeatable mechanics for delivering a softball pitch. Just as importantly, parents will also learn these mechanics and drills to continue the girls’ development at home after the clinic is over.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Time slots are limited to 10 players each -- we'll do our best to accommodate time slot requests but can't guarantee times. Cost is $50 for a 5-week session or $100 for all 10 weeks. Register and pay using this link.
Follow WWSO on Facebook and Instagram!
League updates and pictures have been relocated to our Facebook and Instagram pages. Visit us there at:
Reminder: No Metal Cleats for In-House Games
Parents, in 2018 we will continue the WWSO policy of not allowing the use of metal cleats for in-house games.
2020 Clearance Requirements for Volunteers
In 2015, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania revised the law on establishing requirements for background checks for volunteers who interact with children.
Who needs clearances?
Under Pennsylvania’s Child Protection Services Law (“CAPS”), any volunteer at least 18 years of age who is seeking an unpaid position as a volunteer responsible for the welfare of a child or having direct contact with children. This applies to all individuals that will be a head coach, assistant coach, umpire and all Board Members.
Which clearances are needed?
All prospective volunteers must obtain the following clearances:
- Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP); and
- Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services (Child Abuse).
Additionally, a fingerprint based federal criminal history (FBI) submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent is required if:
- The position the volunteer is applying for is a paid position; and
- The volunteer has lived outside the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in the last 10 years.
Volunteers who are not required to obtain the FBI Clearance because they are applying for an unpaid position and have been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years must swear or affirm in writing that they are not disqualified from service based upon a conviction of an offense under §6344.
All volunteers will be required to obtain renewed clearances every 36 months.
Additional Background Checks:
As in the past, WWSO will continue to require that all of its volunteers submit annually to a national criminal background check. All applicants must submit their information by completing the Consent to Perform Background Check. The form is secure and information that is submitted is securely stored and encrypted.
Payment for Background Checks: Volunteers are entitled to receive one (1) CAPS child abuse clearance and one (1) CPSL state criminal background check every five (5) years at no charge. Volunteers are responsible the cost of the CPSL FBI clearance, if required, every five (5) years which is approximately $27.00 at present.
Background Check Updates: Every 5 years, volunteers of WWSO must complete new background checks as required by CPSL. The additional national background check required by WWSO must continue to be completed on a yearly basis.
For further information on the laws see:
http://keepkidssafe.pa.gov/cs/groups/webcontent/documents/document/C_135249.pdf or contact WWSO Director of Risk Management, Josh Losey at WWSORiskManagement@gmail.com.
Completion Process for CPSL Require Background Checks:
ALL NEW HEAD COACHES, ASSISTANT COACHES, UMPIRES AND BOARD MEMBERS MUST COMPLETE STEP 1, STEP 2, STEP 3, STEP 4A OR 4B, AND STEP 5.
IF YOU COMPLETED STEPS 1-5 IN 2017, 2018 OR 2019, YOU ONLY HAVE TO COMPLETE STEP 1 IN 2020.
Step 1. Complete the WWSO Consent to Perform Background Check form (same as prior years):
New for 2020: We're going to have you fill this out directly on the JD Palatine website instead of sending us your information. It is more secure and provides additional safeguards and privacy. More info to come.
- Create an Individual Account
- Organization is Warrington Warwick Softball Organization
- May take 10-20 minutes to complete
- You need to enter all of the places you've lived and people you've lived with since 1975
- Receive a response within 14 days
- Warrington Warwick Softball Organization
- After submitting, click Control Number link
- Print/Save the resulting certification form
WWSORiskManagement@gmail.com or mail to WWSO, PO Box 183, Warrington, PA 18976.
Visit the WWSO Shop!
The WWSO Shop is your source for WWSO Apparel, Merchandise, Gear, Sportswear and Clothing! Choose from an endless variety of WWSO Merchandise including T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Hoodies, Hats and Jerseys. Customize your design and personalize the back of your WWSO Gear to show your WWSO spirit and support your team!
The WWSO earns 15% on all sales made through the WWSO Shop!
|2020 WWSO Pitching Clinic Registration|
|2020 WWSO Spring Player Registration|
|WWSO Sponsor Payment - Fall|
Get important messages from Warrington Warwick Softball Organization by Text & Email