Spring Season Suspended Until At Least May 11th
Hi WWSO families. The WWSO Board has been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and from Little League International.
Based on recommendations from both of these organizations, WWSO is suspending our spring recreational softball season through no earlier than May 11th.
The WWSO Board will continue to meet in the coming weeks to put together the framework of a season that starts in the middle of May. If we can come up with a viable plan, we will reset our targets and continue planning.
Refunds: Right now, we will continue to try to make a spring season work, knowing that there's a good chance that we may not play. When the time is right, if necessary, we will put together a plan for refunds, but we're currently hoping that we'll be playing some kind of season in May and June.
- If we have a spring season and the schedule for that season no longer fits your family's needs, we will issue a refund at that time.
- If we cancel the spring season completely, everyone will be issued refunds.
- If you have a financial hardship and need to withdraw your daughter before WWSO makes a final decision on the spring season, please contact Bob Burchell, President, WWSO at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will issue a refund check immediately.
Reminder that the March 20th Player clinic and April 6th Parents Meeting are cancelled and will not be made up.
We'll continue to provide updates as we make progress. If you have any questions, please email them to Bob Burchell, President, WWSO at email@example.com.
Message from Warrington Township
Warrington Township has closed athletic fields for organized sports beginning Monday March 16, 2020; The Township will also suspend any Park & Recreation programs and activities for 30 days.
Township parks and trails will remain open for use. Please use common sense, if you do not feel well self-quarantine and avoid public spaces. The Park and Recreation Department will contact those who have already paid for programs and activities to discuss credit options.
- All programs held at Cornerstone are suspended until March 30, 2020
- All programs held at Revolution Ice Gardens are suspended until March 30, 2020
- The annual Easter Egg hunt scheduled for Saturday April 4, 2020 is cancelled
We will continue to monitor the situation and update the status of our parks and programs. Warrington Township is taking the threat of Coronavirus (COVID-19) very seriously. We are communicating with Bucks County Health Department as they are monitoring the situation very closely. For now, they are continuing to follow the guidelines recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), and suggest that Warrington Township residents do the same.
Registration Is Open for the 2020 WWSO Spring Season!
Registration is open for the 2020 Spring season!
- Recreational softball open to all girls 4-18 years old.
- Late registration rate for birth years 2001-2012 for the Spring rec season is $175/child
- Late registration rate for birth years 2013-2015 for the Spring rec season is $100/child
- The season will start in April and run to early June with a full in-house schedule of games plus playoffs for the upper divisions.
- Home Run Derby/Skills Competition for all girls at the end of the regular season.
- Opportunity for some age groups to represent WWSO at the Little League tournament during the summer (tryouts required).
Click here to register your daughter for the 2020 spring softball season!
Follow WWSO on Facebook and Instagram!
League updates and pictures have been relocated to our Facebook and Instagram pages. Visit us there at:
Reminder: No Metal Cleats for In-House Games
Parents, in 2018 we will continue the WWSO policy of not allowing the use of metal cleats for in-house games.
2020 Clearance Requirements for Volunteers
In 2015, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania revised the law on establishing requirements for background checks for volunteers who interact with children.
Who needs clearances?
Under Pennsylvania’s Child Protection Services Law (“CAPS”), any volunteer at least 18 years of age who is seeking an unpaid position as a volunteer responsible for the welfare of a child or having direct contact with children. This applies to all individuals that will be a head coach, assistant coach, umpire and all Board Members.
Which clearances are needed?
All prospective volunteers must obtain the following clearances:
- Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP); and
- Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services (Child Abuse).
Additionally, a fingerprint based federal criminal history (FBI) submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent is required if:
- The position the volunteer is applying for is a paid position; and
- The volunteer has lived outside the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in the last 10 years.
Volunteers who are not required to obtain the FBI Clearance because they are applying for an unpaid position and have been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years must swear or affirm in writing that they are not disqualified from service based upon a conviction of an offense under §6344.
All volunteers will be required to obtain renewed clearances every 36 months.
Additional Background Checks:
As in the past, WWSO will continue to require that all of its volunteers submit annually to a national criminal background check. All applicants must submit their information by completing the Consent to Perform Background Check. The form is secure and information that is submitted is securely stored and encrypted.
Payment for Background Checks: Volunteers are entitled to receive one (1) CAPS child abuse clearance and one (1) CPSL state criminal background check every five (5) years at no charge. Volunteers are responsible the cost of the CPSL FBI clearance, if required, every five (5) years which is approximately $27.00 at present.
Background Check Updates: Every 5 years, volunteers of WWSO must complete new background checks as required by CPSL. The additional national background check required by WWSO must continue to be completed on a yearly basis.
For further information on the laws see:
http://keepkidssafe.pa.gov/cs/groups/webcontent/documents/document/C_135249.pdf or contact WWSO Director of Risk Management, Josh Losey at WWSORiskManagement@gmail.com.
Completion Process for CPSL Require Background Checks:
ALL NEW HEAD COACHES, ASSISTANT COACHES, UMPIRES AND BOARD MEMBERS MUST COMPLETE STEP 1, STEP 2, STEP 3, STEP 4A OR 4B, AND STEP 5.
IF YOU COMPLETED STEPS 1-5 IN 2017, 2018 OR 2019, YOU ONLY HAVE TO COMPLETE STEP 1 IN 2020.
Step 1. Complete the WWSO Consent to Perform Background Check form (same as prior years):
New for 2020: We're going to have you fill this out directly on the JD Palatine website instead of sending us your information. It is more secure and provides additional safeguards and privacy. More info to come.
- Create an Individual Account
- Organization is Warrington Warwick Softball Organization
- May take 10-20 minutes to complete
- You need to enter all of the places you've lived and people you've lived with since 1975
- Receive a response within 14 days
- Warrington Warwick Softball Organization
- After submitting, click Control Number link
- Print/Save the resulting certification form
WWSORiskManagement@gmail.com or mail to WWSO, PO Box 183, Warrington, PA 18976.