Registration Is Open for 2018 Fall Softball!
Registration for the Fall 2018 season of Warrington-Warwick Softball is now open. Click here to register for the Fall 2018 season.
Fall 2018 Highlights:
- The cost is $65 per player (same as 2017). Our discounted early rate has been extended to Tuesday, August 21st -- limited spots remain in the Low Minors, Minors and Seniors Divisions. The Majors Division is closed.
- The season will start September 9th and end mid-November.
- Games are on Sundays only and start after noon. No practices are required.
- Girls aged 7-18 (as of 12/31/18) are welcome.
- In-house teams from other organizations are welcome. Just indicate that you want to play together when you register.
- Individuals from other organizations are also welcome, you don't need to bring a whole team with you.
- Players receive a WWSO fall-ball t-shirt.
- Depending on the number of registrations, we will likely be playing against teams from other local organizations. Some games may be played at their fields.
- The Seniors Division will be playing in the VIGS league (www.vigssoftball.com).
- This is NOT a travel team league. This league is for in-house girls who want to play a little more softball.
We look forward to seeing you in the fall!
Blue Thunder Travel Softball
Information about tryouts, coaches, teams and news for Blue Thunder can be found at our website bluethunderfastpitch.org!
Congratulations Section 6 Little League Champions!
Congratulations to our 12U team, the Section 6 Little League champions!
Congratulations District 30 Little League Champions!
Congratulations to our 8-10 YO team who captured the District 30 Little League championship!
Sunday Select Tournament Champions!
Congratulations to the WWSO 12U and 10U Sunday Select teams who both won their Sunday Select tournaments on June 17th. Way to go girls!
Team Schilling slipped by Team Jim 3-2 in a thrilling Seniors championship game. Incredible game by both teams!
The Flamin' Hot Cheetos beat Team Taylor 14-5 to capture the Majors championship. Great game by 2 great teams!
The Jets defeated the Panthers 12-1 in the Minors championship game. Congratulations girls!
Low Minors Champions!
The Eagles beat the Tsunamis in the Low Minors championship game. Way to go girls!
Skills Competition and All-Star Games!
We had over 125 girls participate in the Skills Competition on June 2nd. Congratulations to all of the winners of the pitching, running, throwing and Home Run Derby competitions!
All of the Divisions also participated in All-Star Games on June 3rd. Congratulations to all of the girls who were selected by their teammates and coaches to represent their teams in the All-Star Game!
We had a great player clinic at SMG on March 10th. Thanks to all of the Blue Thunder travel coaches and girls who helped our WWSO girls!
Full Composite Bats Approved for Spring 2018 Season
After careful consideration, including a review of other local softball programs and a trial during the Fall 2017 season, full composite bats have been approved for all Divisions for the Spring 2018 season.
As a result, pitchers in all Divisions will be required to wear facemasks. A facemask will be provided in all coaches' equipment bags if pitchers do not have their own.
Reminder: No Metal Cleats for In-House Games
Parents, in 2018 we will continue the WWSO policy of not allowing the use of metal cleats for in-house games.
2018 Clearance Requirements for Volunteers
In 2015, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania revised the law on establishing requirements for background checks for volunteers who interact with children.
Who needs clearances?
Under Pennsylvania’s Child Protection Services Law (“CAPS”), any volunteer at least 18 years of age who is seeking an unpaid position as a volunteer responsible for the welfare of a child or having direct contact with children. This applies to all individuals that will be a head coach, assistant coach, umpire and all Board Members.
Which clearances are needed?
All prospective volunteers must obtain the following clearances:
- Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP); and
- Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services (Child Abuse).
Additionally, a fingerprint based federal criminal history (FBI) submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent is required if:
- The position the volunteer is applying for is a paid position; and
- The volunteer has lived outside the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in the last 10 years.
Volunteers who are not required to obtain the FBI Clearance because they are applying for an unpaid position and have been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years must swear or affirm in writing that they are not disqualified from service based upon a conviction of an offense under §6344.
All volunteers will be required to obtain renewed clearances every 36 months.
Additional Background Checks:
As in the past, WWSO will continue to require that all of its volunteers submit annually to a national criminal background check. All applicants must submit their information by completing the Consent to Perform Background Check. The form is secure and information that is submitted is securely stored and encrypted.
Payment for Background Checks: Volunteers are entitled to receive one (1) CAPS child abuse clearance and one (1) CPSL state criminal background check every five (5) years at no charge. Volunteers are responsible the cost of the CPSL FBI clearance, if required, every five (5) years which is approximately $27.00 at present.
Background Check Updates: Every 5 years, volunteers of WWSO must complete new background checks as required by CPSL. The additional national background check required by WWSO must continue to be completed on a yearly basis.
For further information on the laws see:
http://keepkidssafe.pa.gov/cs/groups/webcontent/documents/document/C_135249.pdf or contact WWSO Director of Risk Management, John Marquis at WWSORiskManagement@gmail.com.
Completion Process for CPSL Require Background Checks:
ALL NEW HEAD COACHES, ASSISTANT COACHES, UMPIRES AND BOARD MEMBERS MUST COMPLETE STEP 1, STEP 2, STEP 3, STEP 4A OR 4B, AND STEP 5.
IF YOU COMPLETED STEPS 1-5 IN 2016 or 2017, YOU ONLY HAVE TO COMPLETE STEP 1 IN 2018.
Step 1. Complete the WWSO Consent to Perform Background Check form (same as prior years):
- Create an Individual Account
- Organization is Warrington Warwick Softball Organization
- May take 10-20 minutes to complete
- You need to enter all of the places you've lived and people you've lived with since 1975
- Receive a response within 14 days
- Warrington Warwick Softball Organization
- After submitting, click Control Number link
- Print/Save the resulting certification form
WWSORiskManagement@gmail.com or mail to WWSO, PO Box 183, Warrington, PA 18976.
Visit the WWSO Shop!
The WWSO Shop is your source for WWSO Apparel, Merchandise, Gear, Sportswear and Clothing! Choose from an endless variety of WWSO Merchandise including T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Hoodies, Hats and Jerseys. Customize your design and personalize the back of your WWSO Gear to show your WWSO spirit and support your team!
The WWSO earns 15% on all sales made through the WWSO Shop!