Date: Wednesday July 19, 2017
Time: 5:30 PM
Registration Deadline: July 18, 2017
Location: Lake Katherine, 7402 Lake Katherine Dr, Palos Heights, IL 60463
Directions:Harlem, West on 119th/West College Drive/Route 83, North on 75th Ave.
We will ride 7.5 miles in and 7.5 miles out. (15 miles total)
We will ride in a pace line, and we will average 10 MPH.
Please bring a snack, we will stop for a short break.
• NO OPEN TOED SHOES
• All cyclists must wear a properly sized and fitted helmet approved by Snell Memorial Foundation, CPSC, or ASTM standard.
• Every bike must have a RED rear bicycle light.
• Dress appropriately for the weather.
• Have your bikes ready to ride, including a spare tube in backpack.
• Plenty of water – highly recommend a bladder for your backpack, hydration pack, or a water bottle in a water cage on bike.
IF YOU have to stop your bike to access your water, you will become dehydrated!
• Backpack with snacks, a first aid kit, rain gear and other basic items (compass, lip balm, hat, sunscreen, insect spray, etc.)
• Wear your class B shirt.
Cycling Merit Badge requires 2-10 mile, 2-15 mile, 2-25 mile, and 1-50 mile bike ride.
All adults should have completed Youth Protection Training.
This ride event will count towards the Cycling merit badge. Remember that you need to write a short REPORT after each ride.
Please check email/text before the ride for cancellations due to hazardous weather or conditions. Yes, we do ride in the rain.
If you have not signed up on the Troop's Website to receive emails and/or text please go to Register me and sign up!
You can visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/OrlandParkTroop318/
Questions? Contact Steve Bailye at email@example.com.
Please include your phone number in email.
I will need one more leader to participate in this event. Please make a note in the note box if you are a leader. This is to comply with two deep leadership.