|Rookie Girls Softball|
|Rookie Boys Baseball|
|Minor Girls Softball|
|Minor Boys Baseball|
|Major Girls Softball|
|Major Boys Baseball|
|Senior Girls Softball|
The Minor Girls Softball Division plays according to the rules outlined in the Softball Division of Babe Ruth Rules and Regulations with the following exceptions:
Game Procedures Time:
1. The umpire’s watch is the official time.
2. Games are scheduled to begin promptly at 6:00 pm. The umpire will declare a forfeit if one team is unable to field at least 8 players by 6:10 pm.
3. No inning shall start after 7:30 pm until 9th of May. After May 9th, no inning shall start after 8:00 pm. The umpire should report the starting time to each manager for verification.
4. The home team manager shall determine if the field is fit for play before the start of the game when there is inclement weather. The decision to cancel the game should be made by 4:45 pm on weekdays, and 1 hour prior to the scheduled start time on weekends, and notice given to the visiting manager by the home team manager. After the start of a game, the umpire shall determine if the game should continue.
5. The home team will use the first base bench and have the field for pre-game practice from 5:20 pm to 5:35 pm.
6. The visiting team will use the third base bench and have the field for pre-game practice from 5:35 pm to 5:50 pm.
Home Team Responsibilities
1. Provide a plate umpire and umpire’s equipment, 1 game ball, and bases. Set up the pitching machine and generator.
2. Prepare the field for play-clear puddles, rake the infield, chalk the baselines, etc.
3. Game ball and umpire’s equipment will be kept in the shed.
Visiting Team Responsibilities
1. Provide a field umpire if possible and 1 game ball.
2. Rake the infield after the game and put away bases, umpire’s gear, pitching machine and generator.
End of Game
1. Complete game consists of 6 innings and shall not be extended because of a tie except during a playoff tournament.
2. If the umpire calls the game, it is a regulation game if 4 innings (3½ innings if the home team has scored more runs in 3 at bats than the visiting team has scored in 4 at bats) have been completed.
3. A game is over if one team has at least an 8 run lead after 5 innings (4 ½ innings if the home team is leading by at least 8 runs).
1. Regular season rain-out games will not be scheduled until your team is rained-out for a third game. Per league philosophy, Sunday games are to be avoided, if possible.
1. The managers of the playing teams shall not umpire their own game.
2. An umpire’s judgment decision is final. If there is reasonable doubt that an umpire’s decision may be in conflict with the rules, the manager, and ONLY the manager, may appeal the decision.
3. Any manager protest must be made before the next pitch is made or a runner is retired. The protest will not be recognized unless the umpires are notified at the time the play under protest occurs. The umpire will contact the commissioner.
4. If, in the umpire’s sole discretion, the manager or coach in the field is being too disruptive to the game, he or she may remove the manager or coach from the field of play. The umpire’s decision is final.
Uniforms & Equipment
1. Players must wear full uniforms at all times-shirts, pants, socks, and visor. Shirts must be tucked in.
2. No metal spikes are allowed.
3. All payers shall use a protective helmet with a face mask on deck, at bat, and while on the bases. This rule applies to games and practices.
4. The catcher shall wear appropriate protective equipment during games and practices.
5. When warming up a pitcher in the bullpen, the catcher must wear a catcher’s mask.
1. A team may field as many as 10 players. A team must field at least 8 players or the game is considered a forfeit.
2. Unlimited substitution applies. Substitutions are not required to report to the opposin