Tournament Rules 2018
2018 Edison Inter-league Tournament
Format: Double Elimination (T-Ball Single Elimination)
Bracket will be displayed showing all positions and dates.
Home team for each bracket game will be determined on drawing night by toss of a coin prior to team placement. Heads-Upper line of game is home, Tails- Bottom line of game is home.
Drawing order will be determined by league standings on drawing night. Ties in league standings will be broken first by wins during regular season head to head play between the tied teams. Second, by total points scored during regular season in head to head games between the tied teams. Third, by toss of a coin if a tie still exists.
Drawing order will begin with the number one team and continue in descending order. Each manager will have the option of placing his/her team on the bracket or passing. Should a team decide to pass, he/she will have the opportunity to place the team on the bracket after each descending placement. Should all teams pass for first round placement, the second time through the order, no team shall be permitted to pass.
Fields for games will be at the home teams field as long as there are available openings. Two games per night may be played on a field during the week. Should this be necessary, the first game will begin at 4:30 and the second game as close to 6:30 as possible. The 4:30 game shall be at the discretion of the home team. Should there be no available time slot, the game shall be played at the visiting teams field with home/away status remaining the same. In the event an opening does not exist at either field, the game shall be played at a neutral field which is not being used.
Single games during the week shall be played at 6:00. Saturday games shall be played at 10:00, 12:30, 3:30, and 6:00. Sunday games shall be played at 1:00, 3:30 and 6:00. Game times on Saturday and Sunday shall be set by the league to best accomodate umpire availabilty.
1) Games will not be canceled or changed due to lack of players. Any team which cannot field enough players to play at the scheduled time, must draft up from a lower league if possible or forfeit the game.
2) The Home Team must provide a new game ball and the visiting team a good backup ball for each game.
3) All fields must be properly lined by the hosting league before each game. This includes batters boxes, coaches boxes, out of play areas, and three foot running lane to first.
4) Tournament games which are called before they reach regulation length shall be picked up from the point where they were stopped. The same as regular season play, Regulation Length shall be 4 1/2 or 5 innings in a 7 inning game and 3 1/2 or 4 innings in a 6 inning game. All canceled or suspended games shall be rescheduled by the league. In minor league boys, 10-under girls, and T-Ball, after 4 innings, if any team is mathematically eliminated from winning the game, the game need not be continued. Time limits will be the same as regular season for these age groups. If a game is tied at the end of the time limit, another inning will be played until there is a winner. There will be no time limit on Championship Day for these age groups
5) In all leagues, the 12-10 run rule is in affect ACCORDING TO LEAGUE RULES.
6) All protests must be resolved on the spot. The game shall be suspended until the protest is resolved by an Edison Officer who is not involved in the game. All decisions are final.
7) Any coach who is thrown out of a game during the tournament shall be ineligible to coach for the remainder of the tournament. This includes any and all teams they may be coaching. Coaches being ejected on Championship day shall not coach the remainder of that day plus shall receive a two game suspension at the beginning of the 2019 season.
Minor and Major League Pitching
All pitching records shall start fresh at the beginning of the tournament. New pitching cards, provided by the league, shall be kept by each team during the tournament. All pitching cards must be completed in ink. Pitching cards must be presented at each game or the game will be a forfeit. (NO EXCEPTIONS)
MINORS & MAJORS: As will be stated in Section 10 “Pitching Rules” and T-8 “Tournament Pitching,” any team member may pitch, subject to the restrictions of the pitch count, as recommended by MLB Pitch Smart Guidelines, for age divisions Pinto 8U, Mustang 10U, Bronco 12U, Pony 14U, Colt 16U, Palomino 18U and Thorobred 23U. Players in the Shetland 6U age division are not permitted to pitch. Pitchers are to adhere to the chart below for league and sanction tournament play.
Pitchers reaching their maximum number of pitches in a day, while pitching to a batter, may finish pitching to that batter before being removed. A pitcher is charged with the number of pitches in the specific calendar day and week in which they are pitched, regardless of whether they are local organization league games, the playoff of postponed games or suspended games, tie games, or exhibition games.
Rest is calculated as per calendar day. No pitcher shall appear in a game as a pitcher for three consecutive days, regardless of pitch count.
The league should assign an official scorekeeper for each game to track pitch counts. In the absence of an official scorekeeper, the home team book shall be the official record of games statistics including pitch count. Electronic scoring devices are recommended at all levels of tournament play in order to ensure accurate pitch count.
(See page 33-34, section T-8 of the 2018 PONY Rule Book)
Any violation of these rules shall result in immediate forfeiture by the team in violation.
IN BOTH AGE GROUPS, THE PITCH COUNT SHALL REMAIN IN EFFECT THE SAME AS REGULAR SEASON.