SRV Women’s Soccer 2018-2019
Welcome to another season of Wolves Soccer! Below you will find all of the necessary information regarding tryouts and the season. We are looking forward to another fun and successful season on the pitch.
You must complete the online athletic clearance and be approved in order to tryout
Click HERE to access Athletic Clearance Website
Click HERE for Physical Form
Click HERE for SRV Tryout Info Website
**PLEASE WEAR A WHITE T-SHIRT TO
**BRING WARM CLOTHES! IT WILL BE COLD!**
Remaining Tryout Times
Tuesday Nov. 6th 6:30-8PM (SRV)
Wednesday Nov. 7th 6:30-8PM (SRV)
o PLEASE NOTE: all players must be available all tryout dates, as some players may need to try out more than the dates mentioned above
· There will be a timed two mile run during tryout week
· Practices during the season will be at 4:00, 5:30, or 7:00 depending on the level
· The Freshmen team has games on Wednesdays and Fridays
· JV and Varsity have games on Tuesdays and Thursdays
· Varsity will have a tournament December 20th – December 22nd
IF YOU ATTENDED A DIFFERENT HIGH SCHOOL LAST YEAR, SEE ME! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!
Information to prepare for this years soccer season:
SRV Women’s Soccer will field three levels of competitive teams: Freshman, Junior Varsity and Varsity. Each interested player will go through a thorough tryout before being placed on the appropriate team for their level or being cut from the program. Cuts are a fact of life in High School sports. The Coaching staff wishes we didn’t have to make any, but given the level of interest and the skill of the players in our program you, as an applicant, should expect a very competitive tryout process with being cut as a possibility.
- All tryout information is available on the Women’s Soccer website.
- All forms on the school athletic website must be completed and approved to be eligible to tryout. Go to “Athletics” then “Athletics clearance registration”
- Our coaching staff will evaluate all student-athletes during the tryout process. Your ability will be assessed in comparison to other players in your position. Players not selected have players ahead of them in various skills and athletic abilities.
- Factors NOT considered in the selection process include: returning players (no returning player is guaranteed a spot on any team), club soccer (SRVHS is not affiliated with any other soccer organization and club participation will not be considered in the selection process).
- The primary expectation is that you maintain good academic standing. A 2.0 GPA is the minimum requirement for athletic participation.
- School guidelines for athletic participation will be strictly adhered to. Anyone caught with alcohol or other illegal substances, at any time, can face lowered playing time and other penalties.
- Your behavior as a member of The Women’s Soccer Program is extremely important. Once you are chosen for the program you will be responsible for representing the program in the best possible light at ALL times. This includes behavior during contests, practice and school hours. There will be no tolerance for foul language or generally disruptive behavior. It is expected that you as a member of the soccer program, will be a model student and teammate at all times.
- Players are expected to attend ALL practices, games and functions on time and ready to play or practice. Vacations and personal appointments are to be planned around the activities of the soccer program.
Coaches for the 2018-2019 Season
Freshmen: Ashley Edwards
Junior Varsity: Sami Libby
Varsity: Mark Jones, Pat Uriz, & Alex Jones
IF YOU MISSED THE INFO MEETING
CLICK HERE TO GET THE INFO FORM
PLEASE FILL OUT AND RETURN TO THE GIRLS SOCCER BOX IN THE OFFICE