- Announcement: The FALL SESSION began September 13th.
- Announcement: For 1st Session Information . . . Check Under Pages above!
- Announcement: Check our Links To YouTube Videos...Tutorials, Drills & Workout.
- Announcement: Visit our Links To Basketball Articles & Videos under Pages above!
- Announcement: Take a look at HoopSkills.com Tips under Pages above!
Welcome To The Home Of The BACKYARD TRAINING ACADEMY.
Thank you for visiting the home of the BACKYARD TRAINING ACADEMY (BYTA). We hope the following information will answer any questions you might have about the BYTA Program.
What Is The BACKYARD TRAINING ACADEMY?
The Backyard Training Academy features essential basketball drills that have been created to accelerate individual development which will lead to more individual success. Our basketball training includes fundamentals and advanced drill sequences for all phases of the game.
Each 60 minute session will consist of skill development drills that focus on developing ball handling skills, shooting, conditioning, and other facets of the game. Unlike other programs, the Backyard Training Academy is not about gaining national exposure. We want our athletes to grow simply for themselves.
BYTA Program Goals
- Educate the athlete on how to use all of our drills and work on them in her own BACKYARD!
- Develop the athlete's Basketball Skills, so that she can go back to her team or tryout with an improved skill set.
- Develop the athlete's Conditioning.
- Educate the athlete on the proper technique for all basketball and conditioning skills.
- Increase the athlete's confidence level by seeing her skills improve.
- Help the athlete see the importance and payoff of well-structured off-season workouts.
Who Is Eligible For The BYTA Sessions?
The BYTA Sessions are open to all GIRLS, grade 7 through grade 12, who will be graduating or who have graduated during the current year.
When Are BYTA Sessions Held?
Generally, BYTA Sessions are held twice a year. The first session is the Spring/Summer Session and it usually starts around the the end of April. The second session is the Fall Session and it usually begins in September. For information on BYTA Training Sessions, you can check the Bulletin section and/or Announcement section (located at the top of this page).
Where Are BYTA Sessions Held?
The BYTA Sessions are usually held at Windsor Locks Middle School. However, in the past some sessions have been held at Windsor Locks High School. Directions to both facilities can be found by going to Schedule (located at the top of this page) and selecting Directions.
What Do The BYTA Sessions Cost?
The cost of the BYTA Sessions varies. The number of times the individual training sessions are held and the duration of each of the individual sessions are two of the factors involved in this. However, the cost for each upcoming session and/or current session can be found in our Flyer for the current session. To access a Flyer, go to Forms (located at the top of this page) and select Flyers, Forms & Handouts.
All Attendees Must Complete Three Documents To Participate.
Attendees must complete these documents to participate:
- Registration Form / Photo Release Form
- Consent, Acknowledgement of Risk, Waiver of Liability and Indemnification Agreement
- Authorization for Emergency Treatment
These documents can be accessed by going to Forms (located at the top of this page) and selecting Flyers, Forms & Handouts. They should be filled out and brought to the first session you attend.
What Should You Bring To The 1st Session That You Attend?
Some attendees wonder what they should bring to the 1st session that they attend, so we've created a list for you. Go to Pages (located at the top of this page) and select 1st Session Information.
Contact Us, If You Have Questions.
- Go to the mail box labeled E-mail (located at the middle left of this page).
- Select E-mail.
- Fill in the Contact Us Form that appears.
- Select Send Message.
- Someone will respond to you shortly.
- You can also contact us at email@example.com with your questions.
Note: We respond to all e-mails. If you don't receive a response from us, please check your Junk E-mail Folder or your Trash. Our e-mail may be getting blocked.
Copyright 2014, Backyard Training Academy